Bidenflation for pizza deliveries

6,489 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yesterday
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just made my first delivery order in 6 months... Maybe longer.

A couple 10 dollar pizzas that would be 5 or 6 bucks a piece with pickup.

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

I wasn't about to get up and protest in person but I asked the driver how much they were paid...

He said he just graduated and wasn't staying but 5 per hour for delivery and 7 in store.

Are you freaking kidding me? I told the kid I didn't short him but I'm not giving him 15 or 20% like a waiter if you're flat charging me 5 bucks for a delivery

Thanks Biden, you made me never order delivery again. It's things like these that kill economies. Those first jobs aren't going to be there anymore when drivers are losing money
C@LAg
TAMUallen said:

seems like you could have saved $20+ to just go the mile and pick them up yourself.
TAMUallen
AG
I could've but couldn't so thanks bud!
C@LAg
[Comments removed - Texags Staff]
ATM9000
AG
TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

I wasn't about to get up and protest in person but I asked the driver how much they were paid...

He said he just graduated and wasn't staying but 5 per hour for delivery and 7 in store.

Are you freaking kidding me? I told the kid I didn't short him but I'm not giving him 15 or 20% like a waiter if you're flat charging me 5 bucks for a delivery

Thanks Biden, you made me never order delivery again. It's things like these that kill economies. Those first jobs aren't going to be there anymore when drivers are losing money

Way to tell that kid who is hating life delivering your food who is boss!
Swollen Thumb
AG
It's $5. Tips are now commonly included in restaurants also. Which I don't like, but not that big of a deal in the scheme of things.

But way to put it to the delivery boy, you showed him who's not taking your $5.
hph6203
AG
The clouds. They're a nuisance!
TAMUallen
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

It's $5. Tips are now commonly included in restaurants also. Which I don't like, but not that big of a deal in the scheme of things.

5 dollar charge is not given to driver.

It's not an automatic tip..

I mean I'm sure my first response thinks he's some hot **** but we have companies charging 5 bucks for a delivery yet not paying them more.

I was thinking about taking a shift in my free time because they had a sign saying $20 per hour for delivery. I was curious and that was why I asked because if it was a 20 buck hourly plus tips then I'd buy a bike and make lots of money at night
Yesterday
AG
Tried to order a pizza last Friday. Used to take 45 minutes tops. Got on to check 45 minutes later and estimated delivery was 2 hours more!! Called up there and asked if it would be quicker to come get it. They said it's sitting there waiting for a driver.

Went up there and they refunded me delivery fee. Poor driver was by himself. He said no one wants to drive due to gas prices. Threw him $5 which was my refunded delivery fee. Tough times.
XXXVII
Papa Johns delivery for one large two topping pizza was $30 for me recently.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
TAMUallen
AG
Yesterday said:

Tried to order a pizza last Friday. Used to take 45 minutes tops. Got on to check 45 minutes later and estimated delivery was 2 hours more!! Called up there and asked if it would be quicker to come get it. They said it's sitting there waiting for a driver.

Went up there and they refunded me delivery fee. Poor driver was by himself. He said no one wants to drive due to gas prices. Threw him $5 which was my refunded delivery fee. Tough times.

Exactly, I didn't short my guy because I wanted to know what he was getting paid unlike permanent troll c@lag.

I'm not going to be screwing over drivers who seem to be getting paid more but aren't in reality.

So take the trolling elsewhere because it's ruining the purpose of the thread whether you like it or not
rugger74
AG
the 5$ fee is used to pay insurance for the drivers to avoid lawsuits even though drivers must carry their own policy. Also easy bottom line money to defray other costs.
TAMUallen
AG
ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

Clearly missed the message. He was thankful and wanted to tell me about how ****ed up it was and how he wouldn't be there much longer as a recent grad (he was college age not highschool). Nobody's paying 10 bucks, for a 20 pizza, that is actually 10 on pickup... Let's get real for all those acting like I'm cheating a kid by giving him more than 10 percent with an automatic 5 dollar fee. My gosh, I pray all of you are tithing to your baptist churches
FIDO*98*
AG
Stop what I'm doing. Get into a hot car. Go get pizza. Check out. Drive home.

$5 seems like a bargain even at a mile away. Make it another $5 for the driver……still a bargain.

DogHouse95
AG
TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

So you didn't "short him", but you tipped him less than what you would have tipped, but for the delivery fee? That seems like you shorted him...
Urban Ag
AG
My two cents.

Take good care of the people that do the sh** you don't want to do and can afford not to. Whether they clean your house, drive you somewhere, cook or deliver your food, change your oil, wash your car, etc.

If you can afford it, be generous and kind.

First of all, it's the right thing to do. Second of all, when you don't, you throw fuel on the class warfare fire leftists set everyday.

Anecdotal example. My wife and I have had the same cleaning lady for probably 15 years. She went from seeming intimidated by us and very quiet to being smiling and laughing and darn near part of the family. We'd tip her above her rate. We'd give her gifts at the holidays. When she had another baby in 2019 we bought gifts, diapers, etc. She went from scared sheetless that Trump would deport her to having real intellectual exchanges with my wife and I about politics and culture and such. We have a loyal friend for life and trust her 100% in our home.

Again, two cents. Probably way off OP's topic.
LMCane
TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

at some point americans are not going to be spending $1300 for plane tickets, hotels and tickets to Disney World for a weekend.
LMCane
Urban Ag said:

My two cents.

Take good care of the people that do the sh** you don't want to do and can afford not to. Whether they clean your house, drive you somewhere, cook or deliver your food, change your oil, wash your car, etc.

If you can afford it, be generous and kind.

First of all, it's the right thing to do. Second of all, when you don't, you throw fuel on the class warfare fire leftists set everyday.

Anecdotal example. My wife and I have had the same cleaning lady for probably 15 years. She went from seeming intimidated by us and very quiet to being smiling and laughing and darn near part of the family. We'd tip her above her rate. We'd give her gifts at the holidays. When she had another baby in 2019 we bought gifts, diapers, etc. She went from scared sheetless that Trump would deport her to having real intellectual exchanges with my wife and I about politics and culture and such. We have a loyal friend for life and trust her 100% in our home.

Again, two cents. Probably way off OP's topic.
the only outcome of this post should be one additional voter for Ron DeSantis in 2024
Urban Ag
AG
Not sure what that means but I am for every additional DeSantis vote. That's my president.
Texas Yarddog
AG
You should've asked him if he gets 100% of the tips that you place online.

I had a delivery from a national chain about 6 months ago and asked that question of the delivery guy and they don't get 100% of what your online tip amount is.

Since then, I tip 0% on my online order and give 15-20% cash at the door. Credit where credit is due - the corporations skimming off their employees just for the hell of it is BS.

Shorting the delivery person due to a delivery charge is also BS. The delivery charge is a convenience charge. Stop being an ***hat or make your own damned pizza.
TRADUCTOR
Kid is delivering pizza, I give him the 5 more bucks, maybe 10.

Tightwad.
5C
AG
Your point was inflation. We read that you hate children.
LMCane
Urban Ag said:

Not sure what that means but I am for every additional DeSantis vote. That's my president.
you gave us a massive spiel and the moral of the story was you treat the maid well and now she listens to you.

point being- she better be one additional voter for DeSantis in two years.
taxpreparer
AG
I know nobody on this board watches commercials but if you did, you would learn the appropriate tip for pizza delivery is $3. At least according to Domino's latest ads.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
oneeyedag
I suggest you don't use Dordash, GrubHub, or UberEats. My youngest delivers does DoorDash, and does pretty well. But he learned pretty quick delivering to folks like you just isnt worth his time, or effort unless he got another order and you were on his way.
HumpitPuryear
AG
LMCane said:

Urban Ag said:

you gave us a massive spiel and the moral of the story was you treat the maid well and now she listens to you.

point being- she better be one additional voter for DeSantis in two years.

I read about a supposed America-first conservative employing an illegal that now has anchor babies. You can't complain about illegal immigration if you are hiring them.

Note that I'm assuming from the Trump comment that she's not here legally or wouldn't be afraid of being deported.
Daddy
AG
Out of all the things to gripe about, a kid Working and delivering pizzas so you don't have to get off your a** and drive a mile.

I'm glad to see a kid taking advantage of easy money
The Return of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
Daddy
AG
BTW, I still upvoted you because FJB
The Return of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
itsyourboypookie
I remember being poor.

Now I buy my time, no matter the cost.

I can make more money.

I can't make more time.
Get Off My Lawn
The Gross Prophet said:

Your point was inflation. We read that you hate children.
"universal Inflation hurts me, so now I think everyone else should work for less in order to pad my inconvenience!"

Considering that a $5 tip today is going about as far as a $2 tip during the Trump years, it's little wonder that there are "help wanted" signs all over town. Everyone wants help. Nobody wants to pay what it's actually worth, though.
YouBet
AG
To be fair, this isn't new and has been occurring since right after Covid started. We stopped having food delivered after a while because the delivery charges were approaching 20-30% of the cost of the meal for some of these services...before tip. Just insane prices.

Also interesting that Domino's recently started putting out commercials asking people not to use these delivery services because of the added costs. Obviously, they are being self-serving with that ad but they aren't wrong. Sounds like their current problem though is that they can't employ their own drivers due to FJB.

So, at the end of all of this it's another testament to traitorous FJB's ineptitude.
Marcus Brutus
ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

Nice Biden defense!
WolfCall
AG
Biden is not a problem solver. He is a:
  • problem maker
  • problem ignorer
  • problem blamer
  • etc
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
zephyr88
AG
Where dafuq you buying $5 or $6 pizzas? Totino's delivering now?
utah, get me two
So if reading this correctly I can make stacks delivering pizzas
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.