Bidenflation for pizza deliveries

6,571 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Yesterday
Jason_InfinityRoofer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

I just made my first delivery order in 6 months... Maybe longer.

A couple 10 dollar pizzas that would be 5 or 6 bucks a piece with pickup.

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

I wasn't about to get up and protest in person but I asked the driver how much they were paid...

He said he just graduated and wasn't staying but 5 per hour for delivery and 7 in store.

Are you freaking kidding me? I told the kid I didn't short him but I'm not giving him 15 or 20% like a waiter if you're flat charging me 5 bucks for a delivery

Thanks Biden, you made me never order delivery again. It's things like these that kill economies. Those first jobs aren't going to be there anymore when drivers are losing money

Way to tell that kid who is hating life delivering your food who is boss!

I never understood the refusal to pay someone for their service. Food service industry is one place you can maybe get away with it. People clearly don't want to or cannot cook themselves or are lazy, so they obtain service from elsewhere and then refuse to pay a tip for it. Then they justify it by saying "I already paid more than I felt I should". In my business, if. Customer opted at the end not to pay a little bit because he was unhappy, he'd get a lien on his house. Lol. What a ****** canoe.
Tanya 93
zephyr88 said:

Where dafuq you buying $5 or $6 pizzas? Totino's delivering now?
6.99 at Little Caesars
Sarge 91
AG
TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

I wasn't about to get up and protest in person but I asked the driver how much they were paid...

He said he just graduated and wasn't staying but 5 per hour for delivery and 7 in store.

Are you freaking kidding me? I told the kid I didn't short him but I'm not giving him 15 or 20% like a waiter if you're flat charging me 5 bucks for a delivery

Thanks Biden, you made me never order delivery again. It's things like these that kill economies. Those first jobs aren't going to be there anymore when drivers are losing money

Cheap fatty.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Domino's. 2 Medium 1 topping Pizzas for $5.99. Last time I wanted a snack.
Username checks out.
agz win
AG
Too bad Biden couldn't make cheap OP figure out he could've baked a better tasting frozen pizza with added sliced tomatoes, herbs and cheeses and not had to vent over tipping and walking two miles.
Marcus Brutus
agz win said:

Too bad Biden couldn't make cheap OP figure out he could've baked a better tasting frozen pizza with added sliced tomatoes, herbs and cheeses and not had to vent over tipping and walking two miles.

Another nice save for Biden.
WoMD
This thread didn't go the way you thought it would, did it OP?

And delivery fees of up to $5 have been around for years, even decades. If you don't like it, order your pizza from somewhere else or get it yourself. You have the option to cancel your order before giving your credit card number at check out.

You want real fees to ***** about? Use grub hub or one of those services. After all their fees, it's often an additional 50% or more on top of the price of the food. And the restaurant doesn't get a dime of that. And the drivers only get a small fraction of that. They often advertise "free delivery" but apparently the definition of free delivery doesn't include the stupidly high fees. You pay for the convenience. Nothing more. Nothing less. Again, if you'd rather not get that convenience by paying for it then get it yourself.
utah, get me two
typical boomer, yells at clouds
AggieBaseball06
AG
I feel bad for OP.

Too poor to afford pizza delivery.

And since he's too lazy to drive a mile to pick it up, he's definitely too lazy to fix his situation.
dtkprowler
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Username checks out with this one boys
itsyourboypookie
AggieBaseball06 said:

I feel bad for OP.

And since he's too lazy to drive a mile to pick it up, he's definitely too lazy to fix his situation.

Nailed it
zephyr88
AG
Tanya 93 said:

zephyr88 said:

6.99 at Little Caesars
That's NOT pizza.... haha...

Little Caesar's is the Top Ramen of pizza. Good in college, but should be avoided at all cost afterwards.
zephyr88
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Domino's is one (small) step above Little Caesar's.

You got a job, right?
Marcus Brutus
AggieBaseball06 said:

I feel bad for OP.

We're all poorer because of your President.
Petrino1
TAMUallen said:

Yesterday said:

Tried to order a pizza last Friday. Used to take 45 minutes tops. Got on to check 45 minutes later and estimated delivery was 2 hours more!! Called up there and asked if it would be quicker to come get it. They said it's sitting there waiting for a driver.

Went up there and they refunded me delivery fee. Poor driver was by himself. He said no one wants to drive due to gas prices. Threw him $5 which was my refunded delivery fee. Tough times.

Exactly, I didn't short my guy because I wanted to know what he was getting paid unlike permanent troll c@lag.

I'm not going to be screwing over drivers who seem to be getting paid more but aren't in reality.

So take the trolling elsewhere because it's ruining the purpose of the thread whether you like it or not
You said you didnt tip him 15-20%, so it sounds like you did short him. I dont know how much your order was, but when I delivered pizzas back in the day in college, I used to make $3-5 tips on an average $20 order.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Sometimes you just want 2 medium pizzas between brunch and lunch or lupper and supper. Let Ginormus Ag worry about Ginormus Ag's finances.
Username checks out.
Petrino1
TAMUallen said:

ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

Clearly missed the message. He was thankful and wanted to tell me about how ****ed up it was and how he wouldn't be there much longer as a recent grad (he was college age not highschool). Nobody's paying 10 bucks, for a 20 pizza, that is actually 10 on pickup... Let's get real for all those acting like I'm cheating a kid by giving him more than 10 percent with an automatic 5 dollar fee. My gosh, I pray all of you are tithing to your baptist churches
Actually lots of people are paying that price for that pizza, including you lol. Why was the kid complaining? He probably makes decent money as a delivery driver, I know i did when I was delivering pizzas in college. Its not supposed to be a forever job, more like a good part-time job for a college kid. Although its probably not worth it as much now since gas prices are so high.
texagbeliever
Surprised nobody has mentioned how dominoes is running adds that you get a $3 discount if you pick up the pizza. That may have been a Nebraska thing, but still. Wonder if they are having that hard of a time getting drivers and are looking to shift back consumer behavior away from single delivery.
bmks270
AG
If you are going to complain and be upset about a $5 delivery fee go pick up the food yourself.
DogHouse95
AG
Tanya 93 said:

zephyr88 said:

6.99 at Little Caesars
I remember when they were $5.55...
ATM9000
AG
TAMUallen said:

ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

Clearly missed the message. He was thankful and wanted to tell me about how ****ed up it was and how he wouldn't be there much longer as a recent grad (he was college age not highschool). Nobody's paying 10 bucks, for a 20 pizza, that is actually 10 on pickup... Let's get real for all those acting like I'm cheating a kid by giving him more than 10 percent with an automatic 5 dollar fee. My gosh, I pray all of you are tithing to your baptist churches

People do this all the time. Price of convenience.
Tanya 93
DogHouse95 said:

Tanya 93 said:

zephyr88 said:

6.99 at Little Caesars
I also remember being able to get a can of Diet Coke and a candy bar for a dollar from the machines on campus

IslanderAg04
Dominos. They pay you to pick up.
techno-ag
AG
Too bad for Dems. They voted for Bidenflation. Now a pizza costs more to deliver.

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Marcus Brutus
ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

ATM9000 said:

TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

People do this all the time. Price of convenience.

Your president has massively F'ed up the country. That's the point.

A whole lot fewer will do it for convenience because your prez is a total **** up. That means fewer jobs for delivery drivers.
Actual Talking Thermos
In these situations the difference between a crappy tip and a decent one is like $1.50. The difference between a decent tip and a make someone's day, new favorite customer tip is like $4. If you can afford to pay extra to have someone bring you a pizza from down the street, you're not going to miss that kind of money.

Don't be a cheapskate with people who serve you. Especially don't be a cheapskate and then ****ing lecture them about how it was the right thing for you to do. How insufferable can you be?
richardag
Tanya 93 said:

DogHouse95 said:

Tanya 93 said:

zephyr88 said:

6.99 at Little Caesars
I also remember being able to get a can of Diet Coke and a candy bar for a dollar from the machines on campus
When I went to A&M the Coke soda pop machines dispensed the pop in paper cups. Many students bought the soda threw out the soda and used the empty cup as spittoons in class for their snuff or chews.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
Actual Talking Thermos
Also most pizza places were charging delivery fees long before Biden was elected
Marcus Brutus
ActualTalkingThermos said:

Also most pizza places were charging delivery fees long before Biden was elected

Lol. And? Grocery stores were also charging for groceries. Now they are charging 1.5x what they charged under Trump for the same goods.
techno-ag
AG
richardag said:

Tanya 93 said:

DogHouse95 said:

Tanya 93 said:

zephyr88 said:

6.99 at Little Caesars
When I went to A&M the Coke soda pop machines dispensed the pop in paper cups. Many students bought the soda threw out the soda and used the empty cup as spittoons in class for their snuff or chews.
The cleaning staff would stand around and talk next to the Coke machines, leaning on their brooms.

Good days
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Ol_Ag_02
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

Now do gasoline. When your done with that do construction materials. Follow it up with home prices, groceries, and new and used cars. Maybe your last item can be airline tickets.

Who care if there were pizza delivery fees before President ****s Himself was in office.

He's a disaster, the economy is a disaster, the stock market is a disaster, the supply chain is a disaster.
Actual Talking Thermos
Literally the entire premise of this thread is that a $5 delivery charge for pizza is Biden's fault, and justifies not tipping well. Do you think it's possible that I was responding to that specifically and not talking about whatever it is you guys want to talk about instead?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Lazy and cheap

Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
TAMUallen said:

Delivery charge 4.99!

I'm a mile away

You did short him. And if you are not going to tip your driver then don't order a pizza again. They would rather not see you then have to deal with you.

My guess is you don't need to eat in restaurants either.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.