ERCOT: conserve power, set thermostat to 78 or anove

14,273 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
Bubblez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greg Abbott and the rest of his conservative government rather see hundreds of Texans dead so his buddies in the O&G industry can rake in billions. He is a clear and present danger to the lives of Texans. Absolute disgrace.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/ercot-asks-texans-to-conserve-power-until-8-p-m-through-the-weekend/2967867/

Rapier108
Troll
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rockdoc
AG
You'll live.
Daddy
AG
Not abbot fan

Beto is horrendous
But Abbott is a sell out
We messed up
The Return of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
Ag with kids
AG
Ah yes...

Like when I lived in England...The Sizzling Seventies!!!
agAngeldad
ANO
vette
AG
I'll take my chances and keep it at 68
Reno Hightower
Wind & solar are such good sources for energy needs……. NOT!
BaileyAg
AG
78? Are they crazy? Do people really do this?
JB!98
AG
So this is what the Beta and Beta supporters are hanging their hat on? I was coming back from College Station down 21 outside of Bastrop and saw a billboard with Beta's big head on it. It stated something like, "If you value your power grid vote for Beta." I had a good laugh.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
C@LAg
Bubblez said:

Greg Abbott and the rest of his conservative government rather see hundreds of Texans dead so his buddies in the O&G industry can rake in billions. He is a clear and present danger to the lives of Texans. Absolute disgrace.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/ercot-asks-texans-to-conserve-power-until-8-p-m-through-the-weekend/2967867/

I'm with Greg. We have way too much dead weight in this state. Time to thin the herd!

See, that is how you troll.
Bubblez
Reno Hightower said:

Wind & solar are such good sources for energy needs……. NOT!

Too bad the petro guys can't figure out how to deliver a supply of NG in cold weather in this state
C@LAg
[Editing or removing a Staff Edit is not allowed. -Staff]
Martin Cash
AG
BaileyAg said:

Ours stays on 77 all the time. Perfectly comfortable.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Marcus Brutus
Dead? Troll better, sparky.
CrawlingNo5
AG
Martin Cash said:

BaileyAg said:

Sorry but not all of us are in our 70s and 80's
Demosthenes81
AG
Martin Cash said:

BaileyAg said:

76 with the ceiling fans going.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
YouBet
AG
Bubblez said:

That number is inflated. Assuming a cross section of society there would be some Democrat communists in the mix. And, as we all know, they aren't people.
Demosthenes81
AG
And what gets me mad is that I finally got the hot tub repair people out to replace the heater after a month of delays and now it is too hot even at night. I demand Abbott bring back Spring!
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
SidetrackAg
AG
74 during the day, 68 at night
buzzardb267
AG
My wife is old (not as old a me) and arthritic. She is cold all the time. We set ours at 80 during the day and I sit under a ceiling that spins like jet engine. At night, I turn it down to about 74 so I don't get sweaty before the AC comes on.
"ROGER - OUT"
beanbean
SidetrackAg said:

74 during the day, 68 at night
Same.
aggiehawg
AG
BaileyAg said:

I do. Between 76 and 78 because we have big ceiling fans in every room. Air circulation makes it much cooler. Also a super insulated house helps.
Tanya 93
Bubblez said:

I grew up without AC in the swamp that is Houston

You guys will survive

However, we had a record high today of 92
My Name Is Judge
Abbott is a disgrace

But not bc of any of the idiocy mentioned in the op

The thread has a sell 2 teas type feel to it
samurai_science
Bubblez said:

Still not voting for a Democrat
C@LAg
baron_von_awesome said:

Bubblez said:

Still not voting for a Democrat
but your dead relatives do..
Bubblez
redcrayon
AG
Setting the thermostat at 78 won't kill people. What are you talking about??
JB!98
AG
Bubblez said:

Ah, there it is!
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
91AggieLawyer
AG

*** If you're going to insult other posters, then take a break -- Staff ***
C@LAg
Bubblez said:

Beto cannot even get his teeth fixed, let alone a power grid.

as a Dem he would likely sell it off entirely to China to manage.
Rockdoc
AG
So you're gonna vote for Beto?
Dan Scott
AG
At the peak today the demand was 65K megawatts. How much new supplies have we added in relation to the increase in demand from population growing
Gigem314
AG
BaileyAg said:

Certainly not Beto and the elitists that propose it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.