ERCOT: conserve power, set thermostat to 78 or anove

14,282 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have our house set to 78 normally and it's not uncomfortable to us.

What's the issue here anyway
BigRobSA
chase128 said:

To quote the OP:

"Herp derp something something herpety derpety!'
aggrad02
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Bubblez said:

Greg Abbott and the rest of his conservative government rather see hundreds of Texans dead so his buddies in the O&G industry can rake in billions. He is a clear and present danger to the lives of Texans. Absolute disgrace.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/ercot-asks-texans-to-conserve-power-until-8-p-m-through-the-weekend/2967867/

I grew up without AC in the swamp that is Houston

You guys will survive

However, we had a record high today of 92

Exactly!!

Freshman year at A&M, I lived in Walton Hall with no AC…you adapt!!
Reno Hightower
A couple of thorium based nuke reactors could fix this………. while taking up FAR less space than W&S to do it in.
Aggie Spirit
AG
aggiehawg said:

BaileyAg said:

78? Are they crazy? Do people really do this?
I do. Between 76 and 78 because we have big ceiling fans in every room. Air circulation makes it much cooler. Also a super insulated house helps.

Bingo.
Big Bucks
AG
Anyone in the know have any idea which six plants tripped offline on Friday? Kind of curious who owned them, if it was several units at one site, or just spread out across the state.
lead
Big Bucks said:

Anyone in the know have any idea which six plants tripped offline on Friday? Kind of curious who owned them, if it was several units at one site, or just spread out across the state.
Check here (Generation (ercot.com)) tomorrow. Understandably, there is some grace period prior to posting that info. 2800 MW (the generation loss posted in the news) isn't really that much given the size of ERCOT.

Big Bucks
AG
Thank you.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
chase128 said:

We have our house set to 78 normally and it's not uncomfortable to us.

Same with us.
91AggieLawyer
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

*** If you're going to insult other posters, then take a break -- Staff ***

I didn't insult other posters, but I'll be glad to take a break from TA.

I was commenting on the so-called thought process I described. Simply because I used the words, "you" and "stupid" does not mean I insulted a poster. Is it really against the posting guidelines to make a post that says, "if you grill burgers on an outdoor gas grill in your living room, you're stupid?"

Besides, I have been insulted on here and I have seen a lot worse go unchecked. What exactly are the rules and how are they enforced? Is there some sort of an appeal process?
aTm2004
AG
There is an appeal process. You reply to the email telling you you're banned, and they respond after your ban is up.
Charpie
AG
This is the standard MO for this board, though.
Spotted Ag
AG
aTm2004 said:

There is an appeal process. You reply to the email telling you you're banned, and they respond after your ban is up.

No one would have an issue if all of this was done in a fair and consistent way. To bad that will never happen.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
rgag12
AG
Suggesting someone might use a gas grill in TX?

Post flagged.
Ag with kids
AG
rgag12 said:

Suggesting someone might use a gas grill in TX?

Post flagged.
Maybe he sells propane and propane accessories...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.