Is Elon Musk African-American?

5,702 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
Good Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I say yes. First African-American to own a major social media platform. Congrats!
El Chupacabra
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
BMX Bandit
El Chupacabra said:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
this is how a save a terrible played out Manny thread.

blue stars. give them all to him.
BigRobSA
Yes, since it's an immigration status and not an ethnic one.

People that use "African-American" in lieu of the more correct "black" are stupid and part of the problem.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
NoahAg
BigRobSA said:

People that use "African-American" in lieu of the more correct "black" are stupid and part of the problem.
That's exactly what a Hispan-latinxican would say.
Let's go, Brandon!
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
BigRobSA said:

Perhaps we should go back to "colored" somce they're clearly not actually black per se
dead
YouBet
AG
We were watching a past episode of Top Chef last night and one of the white guys was saying how he would love to win so that he could be the first Mexican-American winner.

White as white can be (I assume he is of pure Spanish descent although I don't know) and i wonder the outrage that must have caused for some people. Lol.
HabitualLineStepper
BigRobSA said:

Sorry but you are factually incorrect, the actual definition of African American is "black Americans" who are descendants of enslaved Africans.
TXAG 05
AG
Why are white people not called European Americans?
BigRobSA
HabitualLineStepper said:

BigRobSA said:

Sorry but you are factually incorrect, the actual definition of African American is "black Americans" who are descendants of enslaved Africans.

Bull***** What are blacks from England called? Sweden? Etc. ?

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Tanya 93
YouBet said:

We were watching a past episode of Top Chef last night and one of the white guys was saying how he would love to win so that he could be the first Mexican-American winner.

White as white can be (I assume he is of pure Spanish descent although I don't know) and i wonder the outrage that must have caused for some people. Lol.
Gabe no longer counts after he was fired for being a sexually harassing letch
YouBet
AG

BigRobSA said:

Not sure if trolling. My black friends prefer black because they aren't from Africa. I think the term black is generally becoming more preferable in the common lexicon as well.
BMX Bandit
who was it?

could be from monterrey by background. guero AF

dead
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Why are white people not called European Americans?

You can call them that if you want to
some of yall need to take a break from texags before the internet brain worms set in for good
Tanya 93
BMX Bandit said:

who was it?

could be from monterrey by background. guero AF

I was assuming it was last year's winner Gabe Erales.
He was from Austin
Fired for being sexually inappropriate with female staff members.

So he has basically gone the way of Paul Qui, the other Top Chef winner from Austin, in that TC no longer acknowledges them
Charpie
AG
Gabe. Yes he was guero. But so is my mother in law and she's Mexican AF. Her kids are gueros too.

Mexican Americans come in all shades. Not all of us look like we just came out of working in the fields
Scotty Appleton
At this point, I treat people that use the term AA the same way I treat people who wear masks.
BigRobSA
Charpie said:

Gabe. Yes he was guero. But so is my mother in law and she's Mexican AF. Her kids are gueros too.

Mexican Americans come in all shades. Not all of us look like we just came out of working in the fields

Had to explain this to a friend of my son's mom.

Her: "He doesn't look Mexican!"

Me: "We don't all look like Juan Valdez, picking coffee beans."
Charpie
AG
My suegra has blonde hair and green eyes.

My husband has blue eyes, but he's darker than me.
hunter2012
AG
BMX Bandit
My wife Has a cousin that's very fair skinned, with light brown hair. He always gets a second look when people hear his name: Guadalupe Hinojosa

Aston04
AG
YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

Not sure if trolling. My black friends prefer black because they aren't from Africa. I think the term black is generally becoming more preferable in the common lexicon as well.
I used to work for a basketball traveling circuit company (did gate, setup, etc) during the summer while in college in early 2000s. It was interesting- whenever the race of someone came up... There was a large chunk of Black people that did not like being called African American. It was a guessing game of what was best to say the random times skin color of someone came up in conversation with guests.
cecil77
AG
Charpie said:

My FIL (rip) was "fish belly" white. Also Mexican AF, or a little more.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
If everyone were the same color humans would find other ways to discriminate.

It's almost like it is an innate human characteristic.

YouBet
AG
Aston04 said:

YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

I used to work for a basketball traveling circuit company (did gate, setup, etc) during the summer while in college in early 2000s. It was interesting- whenever the race of someone came up... There was a large chunk of Black people that did not like being called African American. It was a guessing game of what was best to say the random times skin color of someone came up in conversation with guests.
I stopped using AA 3-4 years ago. I use the term "black" when that even comes up which is pretty rare.
Tree Hugger
AG
BigRobSA said:

Charpie said:

Had to explain this to a friend of my son's mom.

Her: "He doesn't look Mexican!"

Me: "We don't all look like Juan Valdez, picking coffee beans."

Wasn't Juan Valdez Colombian?
HabitualLineStepper
YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings. African American has a specific definition of who the term is referring to. I understand facts aren't the most accepted things on these boards in most cases.
YouBet
AG

YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings. African American has a specific definition of who the term is referring to. I understand facts aren't the most accepted things on these boards in most cases.
Lolwut? If that's a fact, then it's based on nonsensical logic, but I guess that's par for the course for a Democrat.

How much longer does this nonsense term only apply to black skinned Americans whose family tree has already been in America for 200 years? And are you black? Are you saying black Americans that don't identify with that term are racist and/or opinions don't count?

What about the vast majority of Hispanics who abhor the term Latinx which was recently made up by the left? Does their opinion of a term arbitrarily classifying their own existence not count?

The term AA is a social construct that is completely illogical. At least use a term that makes sense and is relevant.
TexAgs91
AG
Good Poster said:

I say yes. First African-American to own a major social media platform. Congrats!
African-Canadian-American
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Hydrocele_aggie
Aston04 said:

YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

The professor ? Funny they gave that nickname to a white guy
kb2001
AG

BigRobSA said:

Now define "woman"
Hydrocele_aggie

YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

So what is Elon than ?
YouBet
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

YouBet said:

BigRobSA said:

So what is Elon than ?
A racist because he had the temerity to be born in Africa as a white man.
backintexas2013
AG
African Americans (also referred to as Black Americans and formerly Afro-Americans) are an ethnic group consisting of Americans with partial or total ancestry from sub-Saharan Africa. The term "African American" generally denotes descendants of enslaved Africans who are from the United States

Generally but not always, correct?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.