DFW Airport restaurant last call at 6pm

7,451 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bubblez
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Changing planes at DFW and I rock up to some brewery themed restaurant in Terminal D.

Last call for food and alcohol was at 6pm.

They have to close because they can't find workers and their cooks are already working "90 hours a week".

It's time to stop the insanity.

If we can't even find people in Texas to pour $12 pints, where are we headed from here?

So... For the second time today, I had to settle for McDonald's because they were open. Nuts.
Love Gun
Experienced this same last summer. Good luck with catching shuttles in bowels of DFW with the trash. Seriously. They store the trash down there. There is no more being punctual. If "it runs every 10 minutes", that means you're waiting at least 25 minutes.
**** Joe Biden
XXXVII
I bet Joe Biden's last call for food is 4 pm. Gotta get to bed by 6 pm.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
fullback44
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Changing planes at DFW and I rock up to some brewery themed restaurant in Terminal D.

Last call for food and alcohol was at 6pm.

They have to close because they can't find workers and their cooks are already working "90 hours a week".

It's time to stop the insanity.

If we can't even find people in Texas to pour $12 pints, where are we headed from here?

So... For the second time today, I had to settle for McDonald's because they were open. Nuts.

My brother and his wife just got covid, not vaxxed, didn't even last a couple days with cold symptoms… stop the madness
fullback44
AG
XXXVII said:

I bet Joe Biden's last call for food is 4 pm. Gotta get to bed by 6 pm.
His maid probably makes him get in the shower at 5:30 just to wash off all the poopy in his undies after a long day of crapping himself all day
BigOil
AG
Open up immigration.
AgResearch
AG
BigOil said:

Open up immigration.
**** that
CrockerCock00
AG
Love Gun said:

Experienced the same last summer. Good luck with catching shuttles in bowels of DFW with the trash. Seriously. They store the trash down there. There is no more being punctual. If "it runs every 10 minutes", that means you're waiting at least 25 minutes.

Take the tram behind security. Much more efficient.
DrEvazanPhD
BigOil said:

Open up immigration.

F that noise. Stop incentivizing people not to work
Kenneth_2003
AG
BigOil said:

Open up immigration.

Yah that seems to be working...
Ag with kids
AG
Centurion Club was still open...
Ags4DaWin
BigOil said:

Open up immigration.

its not an issue with there not being enough people who CAN work.

Its that the government actively incentives people to NOT work.
BrownDeerAggie
AG
Was there last night at 5 pm…Whataburger and Chick Fil-A closed. Half of restaurants and shops closed.
Psalm 42:1
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
BigOil said:

Open up immigration.
We haven't already?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
azul_rain
What incentive is there to work a low paying job ?
West Point Aggie
AG
Think of all the $$ you saved op by not buying crap airport booze or food!
Let’s Go Brandon!
aggiejumper
AG
Yep you beat me to it. AA club is too
azul_rain
No offense but a lot of you on here tell people who work jobs like this to quit if it doesn't pay enough or if they don't like it, then get upset when they do and now nobody wants to work them. If you were a true free market capitalist you would know that in order to get people to work these jobs they need to be compensated well enough, clearly they arent
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

BigOil said:

Open up immigration.
We haven't already?
Still trying to come up with the positive spin, taking some time to polish the turd.

https://api.afn.net/national-security/2022/01/14/delay-and-spin-that-s-how-you-defuse-impact-of-toxic-news/

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Ol_Ag_02
AG
hedge said:

What incentive is there to work a low paying job ?

Hunger. You ever been really hungry?

Stop the freebies and watch the economy roar.
Tea Party
hedge said:

No offense but a lot of you on here tell people who work jobs like this to quit if it doesn't pay enough or if they don't like it, then get upset when they do and now nobody wants to work them. If you were a true free market capitalist you would know that in order to get people to work these jobs they need to be compensated well enough, clearly they arent

Missing the trees for the forest, as usual.

If gov stopped paying people to stay home, there would be a long line of people willing to take these jobs if they want to keep their Netflix and smart phone.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
azul_rain
i could go do yard work for double the pay and not worry about dealing with ******* customers
azul_rain
the government isnt paying anybody unless they were fired, they stopped covid payments
e=mc2
AG
BigOil said:

Open up immigration.

How about telling your side to get off of their lazy, cowardly, beta asses. How about that?
Seven Costanza
AG
Ag with kids said:

Centurion Club was still open...
The Centurion Lounge at DFW was overrun with people when I recently visited. There literally wasn't a single table open.
C@LAg
HollywoodBQ said:

As a part-owner in a restaurant in Seattle, I hate it when people rock up to the door after closing time expecting service.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
hedge said:

i could go do yard work for double the pay and not worry about dealing with ******* customers

Good for you. You paying taxes on that yard work? If there were no government bennies I got no problem paying $10 for a fast food meal if that's what it costs. That's the way the free market works. You're still too fresh form mommas teet and basement to truly understand what it means to pay your bills.

Edit: I can promise you I'll pay more in taxes than you earn this year. I'm tired of paying for useless mother ****ers to sit on their ass or pop out future Democrats.
azul_rain
Why the **** would I pay taxes on **** if I don't have to
Ol_Ag_02
AG
hedge said:

Why the **** would I pay taxes on **** if I don't have to

Because you're supposed to, you worthless drain. It's called tax fraud, and I'd be subsiding it.
azul_rain
Sorry I don't lick government boots
mazag08
AG
Hedge, do me a favor and let me know the % adult population on disability. Then to do unemployment. Then food stamps. Then government subsidized housing.

What's our labor force participation rate and how does it compare to 1 year ago? 2019?
azul_rain
You're the one that brought up the topic, you show the data
mazag08
AG
hedge said:

You're the one that brought up the topic, you show the data

I already know the answers bud. I'm not the one arguing here. And I don't care if you actually look it up or not. But you're exposing your ignorance big time and I thought these days were behind you. Just trying to help you realize what's going on in the world.
azul_rain
How is it ignorant to say that if you want to retain workers you should incentives them. I don't blame fast food / retail for quitting one bit if they can find something better. I never said they deserved govt benefits
azul_rain
Do you feel that way about trump and the billionaires who evade tax through loopholes?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.