DFW Airport restaurant last call at 6pm

7,531 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bubblez
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hedge said:

How is it ignorant to say that if you want to retain workers you should incentives them. I don't blame fast food / retail for quitting one bit if they can find something better. I never said they deserved govt benefits

Go look up the answer to my questions and the question in your post will be answered. Direct stimulus might be over, but we've added generations of people onto multiple levels of government assistance. On top of that, we've given them a safety net so great that they can afford to try their hand at being the next YouTube reaction star and not having to worry about failure. Food still reaches their plate whether they earn it or not. There is no struggle. For anyone.

You've fallen for the liberal trap. Wake up dude.
milner79
BrownDeerAggie said:

Was there last night at 5 pm…Whataburger and Chick Fil-A closed. Half of restaurants and shops closed.
Same at Hartfield last week. Ridiculous lines for breakfast at Chick-fil-a and Starbuck. No other restaurants open for breakfast. Even freaking Krispy Kreme was closed.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
hedge said:

Do you feel that way about trump and the billionaires who evade tax through loopholes?

There is no loophole for mowing yards and getting paid in cash. HTH. Grow up. Realize that people like me employ people like you.
DrEvazanPhD
hedge said:

Do you feel that way about trump and the billionaires who evade tax through loopholes?

Who put those loopholes there? I don't want to pay more taxes than I have to. I work way too hard to give up money to freeloaders.

And go do your yard work. How you buying equipment to earn all that?
azul_rain
That's just my side hustle I work a 9-5 to afford that equipment
azul_rain
It's not a liberal trap to want better for oneself, individualism is a hallmark of liberty. I'm not gonna schlep for some guy and his business just because society says so. I would rather go where I'm valued or create my own cash flow.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
hedge said:

I would rather go where I'm valued

but you'll post where you're not
azul_rain
Lol
TXAGFAN
AG
Why would ANYONE want to work in an airport restaurant. I'm guessing people figured out that it wasn't worth it during covid.

If their people, including hourly not tipped employees, are working 90 hours a week they aren't paying market and it's costing them a fortune. This isn't a politics problem.
Ag with kids
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Why would ANYONE want to work in an airport restaurant. I'm guessing people figured out that it wasn't worth it during covid.
I knew some folks that worked there. They loved the tips. Guys on expense reports stop for a quick sandwich and beer. Bill is $23. Dang, there's my flight, toss 2 $20s on the table and head out.
azul_rain
Lol $17 isn't a lot of money, and I doubt they got that for every table
TXAGFAN
AG
Ag with kids said:

TXAGFAN said:

I knew some folks that worked there. They loved the tips. Guys on expense reports stop for a quick sandwich and beer. Bill is $23. Dang, there's my flight, toss 2 $20s on the table and head out.
Perhaps, but business travel is WAY down.
Ag with kids
AG
hedge said:

Lol $17 isn't a lot of money, and I doubt they got that for every table
They were making $400+ in tips each shift. That's not **** money.
Ag with kids
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Ag with kids said:

TXAGFAN said:

Could be different now...
azul_rain
did they tip out with kitchen staff?
lb3
AG
hedge said:

What incentive is there to work a low paying job ?
Hunger used to be an incentive.
BigRobSA
TXAGFAN said:

Ag with kids said:

TXAGFAN said:

Bull*****

You obviously don't travel for work. It WAS down in 20, due to liberal idiocy about this overhyped fru. Since then, planes are packed again.
Ag with kids
AG
hedge said:

did they tip out with kitchen staff?
IDK...

But they were talking take home money.
azul_rain
it still is, i dont advocate for the government giving handouts. That being said, i dont blame people leaving **** jobs
TXAGFAN
AG
BigRobSA said:

TXAGFAN said:

Ag with kids said:

TXAGFAN said:

Bull*****

You obviously don't travel for work. It WAS down in 20, due to liberal idiocy about this overhyped fru. Since then, planes are packed again.
LOL, yes they may seem full, but there are way less flights which is an equally important part of the equation. Look at daily flyer numbers 2022/2021 vs 2019 and 2020 pre-covid can see a HUGE difference. I flew for work for the better part of a decade and quit doing that bull**** during covid. My peers who used to fly with me don't fly anymore because air travel and corporate culture changed.

Don't you live in Iowa and if I recall your occupation don't understand why you'd be flying for work either.
BigRobSA
TXAGFAN said:

BigRobSA said:

TXAGFAN said:

Ag with kids said:

TXAGFAN said:

Bull*****

LOL, yes they may seem full, but there are way less flights which is an equally important part of the equation. Look at daily flyer numbers 2022/2021 vs 2019 and 2020 pre-covid can see a HUGE difference. I flew for work for the better part of a decade and quit doing that bull**** during covid. My peers who used to fly with me don't fly anymore because air travel and corporate culture changed.

Don't you live in Iowa and if I recall your occupation don't understand why you'd be flying for work either.

I live in SA and hired/fired/trained as a Regional Manager whose region was the US. I flew constantly through this weak *****
Bird Poo
AG
lb3 said:

hedge said:

What incentive is there to work a low paying job ?
Hunger used to be an incentive.

The way things are going, hunger will be everyone's incentive.
HollywoodBQ
AG
TXAGFAN said:

If their people, including hourly not tipped employees, are working 90 hours a week they aren't paying market and it's costing them a fortune. This isn't a politics problem.
You understand the concept of hourly wage rates, right?

0-40 straight time,
41-60 time and a half
60+ double time

In California, the concept applies on a daily basis.
0-8 straight time
9-12 time and a half
12+ double time (I have previously earned more than $1,000/day due to this fact)

There's no scenario where the employer benefits from working a small number of employees for 80 hours per week instead of hiring more employees for fewer hours.

Keep in mind, we're talikng about a base wage that must be at least $20/hr, maybe more.

Govt needs to stop giving people money and instead, incentivize people to work.
HollywoodBQ
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Think of all the $$ you saved op by not buying crap airport booze or food!
You mean the money my company saved while I was on business travel.

I can't believe nobody wants this free airport money that business travellers are ready to give away.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie Spirit
AG
Thank God that Bungle Back Bloated hasn't passed yet. I do believe that reformed immigration is a part of the solution moving forward to our labor woes.
Saltwater Assassin
AG
Average Guy said:

hedge said:

How is it ignorant to say that if you want to retain workers you should incentives them. I don't blame fast food / retail for quitting one bit if they can find something better. I never said they deserved govt benefits

I read through this thread, can't find anyone arguing that people shouldn't seek to better themselves. Nor do I think anyone believes that businesses shouldn't have to keep up with the market to retain employee.

On the other hand, they didn't have to compete with the government which appears hell-bent on distorting the market.
Do right and bear the consequences. -Sam Houston
bthotugigem05
AG
Whatever you want to call it, the Great Resignation/Reset/etc., it's more drastic for people who work in an airport. In order to get to work they have to park at an employee lot, take a shuttle to their terminal, go through security, and only then start getting paid for their work. Hourly rates have always been slightly higher to accommodate but I guess people decided they weren't interested any longer no matter the wages.

DFW allowed them to park in the terminal garages for most of 2020 but when demand came back last year they had to go back to employee lots.
doubledog
hedge said:

Can you name one of these loopholes for me, just curious.
Sea Speed
AG
doubledog said:

hedge said:

Can you name one of these loopholes for me, just curious.

Loopholes are the biggest bogeyman out there. Taxes, gun shows etc.
TXAGFAN
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

TXAGFAN said:

You understand the concept of hourly wage rates, right?

0-40 straight time,
41-60 time and a half
60+ double time

In California, the concept applies on a daily basis.
0-8 straight time
9-12 time and a half
12+ double time (I have previously earned more than $1,000/day due to this fact)

There's no scenario where the employer benefits from working a small number of employees for 80 hours per week instead of hiring more employees for fewer hours.

Keep in mind, we're talikng about a base wage that must be at least $20/hr, maybe more.

Govt needs to stop giving people money and instead, incentivize people to work.
Thanks, that was exactly my point?
backintexas2013
AG
Cut off all government benefits. People will work when forced to do so.
Owlagdad
XXXVII said:

I bet Joe Biden's last call for food is 4 pm. Gotta get to bed by 6 pm.

He couldn't keep up with East Texas blue hairs headed at 5:00 to eat fish on Friday night, men in front and ladies in the back. They'd run circles around him.
TxAgPreacher
S
"If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat."
-God
Tanya 93
TxAgPreacher said:

"If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat."
-God

Lenin was a big supporter of that message.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.