DFW Airport restaurant last call at 6pm

7,512 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bubblez
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hedge said:

No offense but a lot of you on here tell people who work jobs like this to quit if it doesn't pay enough or if they don't like it, then get upset when they do and now nobody wants to work them. If you were a true free market capitalist you would know that in order to get people to work these jobs they need to be compensated well enough, clearly they arent
People no longer work in the mail room on the path to CEO. They are content to eat fast food for cheap, knock out enough kids to get government assistance and prior to Biden you could get a $200 TV nicer than anything I had before I was 30.

It's not a true free market because the government is paying people not to work. A lot would lose income if they worked 40 hours. That doesn't mean they are underpaid, it it does mean they aren't stupid and know how to maximize how much free **** they can get.
91AggieLawyer
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Changing planes at DFW and I rock up to some brewery themed restaurant in Terminal D.

Last call for food and alcohol was at 6pm.

They have to close because they can't find workers and their cooks are already working "90 hours a week".

It's time to stop the insanity.

If we can't even find people in Texas to pour $12 pints, where are we headed from here?

So... For the second time today, I had to settle for McDonald's because they were open. Nuts.

If I had known you were there, and you had enough time between hops, I guess I could have come got you and taken you where ever -- you might could have gotten where you were going without the use of an airline!

I'm not a huge drinker but I can certainly appreciate the intake of alcohol before riding in any plane, much less one now (assuming one can behave himself after said intake).
Bubblez
Bondag said:

hedge said:

No offense but a lot of you on here tell people who work jobs like this to quit if it doesn't pay enough or if they don't like it, then get upset when they do and now nobody wants to work them. If you were a true free market capitalist you would know that in order to get people to work these jobs they need to be compensated well enough, clearly they arent
People no longer work in the mail room on the path to CEO. They are content to eat fast food for cheap, knock out enough kids to get government assistance and prior to Biden you could get a $200 TV nicer than anything I had before I was 30.

It's not a true free market because the government is paying people not to work. A lot would lose income if they worked 40 hours. That doesn't mean they are underpaid, it it does mean they aren't stupid and know how to maximize how much free **** they can get.
You can keep on trying to beat that drum, but it isn't 2020 anymore. The extended unemployment benefits which did in some cases pay more people not to work are long gone. There aren't anymore stimulus checks. The child tax credits, which many people with those crap jobs don't have in the first place, are gone as well.

Face it, the economy has changed. People have moved on from crap jobs to other crap jobs like Uber Eats where at least they can work their own hours taking breaks whenever they feel like it. Getting people to commute, have rigid hours, and other stuff is going to take a premium to make it worth it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.