Michigan professor wearing space helmet tells students they are 'vectors of disease'

6,341 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by annie88
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Professor loses it over zoom rant. I get that the guy was retiring but it sounds like he's gone mental. Maybe having tenured professors is not the best idea.

Quote:

Mehler told students that "civilization is collapsing" and "life on your planet is going extinct," before telling students that they are "vectors of disease."

You people are just vectors of disease to me and I don't want to be anywhere near you, so keep your ****ing distance. If you want to talk to me, come to my zoom," Mehler said.

Mehler also told students that he is beholden to "no human c-sucker" and has a "paying ****ing union job."

I stand before you today beholden to no human c-sucker and working a paying ****ing union job and no limber dk of an administrator is going to tell me how to teach my classes because I'm a ****ing tenured professor," Mehler said.

He had a message for students who wanted to file a complaint with their dean: "**** you."
"If you want to go complain to your dean, **** you, go ahead, I'm retiring at the end of this year and I couldn't give a flying **** any longer," Mehler said.

He later said that the speech he gave was adapted from an episode form HBO's Deadwood and used it to address the issue of plagiarism.
Quote:

Mehler also told students in the video that they have "no control" over their grades.

"You don't have a thing to worry about, because there's absolutely nothing you can do, you have no control over your grade. It doesn't matter how ****ing hard you work or how great your grades are. My grading system is based on the Calvinist doctrine of predestination."

I figure if it was good enough for America, it's good enough for me. The Indians didn't lose because they failed. They tried everything and nothing worked, because the universe doesn't give a **** about justice, it's all predestination, and you all are predestined to lose just like the Indians," he added.
Quote:

The professor added that he does "randomly assign grades before the first day of class," and told students that he will wear the space helmet to class.

"I don't want to know **** about you, I don't even want to know your name. I just look at the number and I assign a grade. That's how predestination works. And don't come ****ing complaining to me, take your complaints to God. He ordained this system, not me."

"When I look out at a classroom filled with 50 students, I see 50 selfish kids who don't give a **** whether grandpa lives or dies. And if you won't expose your grandpa to a possible infection with COVID then stay the **** away from me," he said.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-professor-wearing-space-helmet-tells-students-they-are-vectors-of-disease-in-zoom-rant
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Rapier108
Another broken Branch Covidian.
Agthatbuilds
I'd be all up in his space everything he came to the classroom
TAMUallen
AG
He sounds delightful!
birdman
Edgy
e=mc2
AG
Liberalism really does eat the brain. It's more than a disorder.
BaileyAg
AG
Tenured professor at Ferris State.
Bet his parents are proud
P.H. Dexippus
AG
annie88
AG
BaileyAg said:

Tenured professor at Ferris State.
Bet his parents are proud
I've never heard of Ferris state but good to know this doesn't reflect their values.

Something tells me his retirement will be moved up a bit.

Quote:

A spokesperson for Ferris State University told Fox News Digital that Mehler has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.

Ferris President David Eisler also said that he was "shocked and appalled" when viewing the video.

"I was shocked and appalled by this video. It is profane, offensive and disturbing and in no way reflects our University or its values," Eisler said.

Fox News Digital has reached out to Mehler, but has not received a response.
pacecar02
I think maybe he needs a hug
annie88
AG
Rapier108 said:

Another broken Branch Covidian.
Covid truly has broken some peoples brains.
TChaney
Direct link to the video

WARNING - Strong Language and a ton of bat**** crazy.

Al Bula
AG
Again, something else South Park predicted with Covid idiocy.

Deputy Travis Junior
I read a biography of Howard Hughes called "Howard Hughes: His Life and Madness" a few months before the pandemic and I distinctly remember feeling a blend of amazement and confusion while reading about all of his bizarre "health" requirements after he descended into batty germophobia. One touch pens, handling items with kleenex, weird rituals with the newspaper... the dude was off his rocker and there was no logic behind any of it.

Little did I know that a significant chunk of his habits would be adopted by half the planet within a year.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Some covid kid needs to cough all over this dude and watch his head literally explode
Ag87H2O
AG
annie88 said:

Quote:

Mehler told students that "civilization is collapsing" and "life on your planet is going extinct," before telling students that they are "vectors of disease."

You people are just vectors of disease to me and I don't want to be anywhere near you, so keep your ****ing distance. If you want to talk to me, come to my zoom," Mehler said.

Mehler also told students that he is beholden to "no human c-sucker" and has a "paying ****ing union job."

I stand before you today beholden to no human c-sucker and working a paying ****ing union job and no limber dk of an administrator is going to tell me how to teach my classes because I'm a ****ing tenured professor," Mehler said.

He had a message for students who wanted to file a complaint with their dean: "**** you."
"If you want to go complain to your dean, **** you, go ahead, I'm retiring at the end of this year and I couldn't give a flying **** any longer," Mehler said.

He later said that the speech he gave was adapted from an episode form HBO's Deadwood and used it to address the issue of plagiarism.
Quote:

Mehler also told students in the video that they have "no control" over their grades.

"You don't have a thing to worry about, because there's absolutely nothing you can do, you have no control over your grade. It doesn't matter how ****ing hard you work or how great your grades are. My grading system is based on the Calvinist doctrine of predestination."

I figure if it was good enough for America, it's good enough for me. The Indians didn't lose because they failed. They tried everything and nothing worked, because the universe doesn't give a **** about justice, it's all predestination, and you all are predestined to lose just like the Indians," he added.
Quote:

The professor added that he does "randomly assign grades before the first day of class," and told students that he will wear the space helmet to class.

"I don't want to know **** about you, I don't even want to know your name. I just look at the number and I assign a grade. That's how predestination works. And don't come ****ing complaining to me, take your complaints to God. He ordained this system, not me."

"When I look out at a classroom filled with 50 students, I see 50 selfish kids who don't give a **** whether grandpa lives or dies. And if you won't expose your grandpa to a possible infection with COVID then stay the **** away from me," he said.

Honestly, their shtick is starting to get boring.
AgResearch
AG
Pre-retirement sabbatical coming his way
ttu_85
e=mc2 said:

Liberalism really does eat the brain. It's more than a disorder.
So true.

Could you imagine paying a minimum of $12K per semester to have these kind of people "educate" your kids ?
_mpaul
AG
That dude is collecting a salary funded by the hardworking citizens of the state of Michigan, and probably by the rest of us through the Department of Education. Let that sink in.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Burdizzo
AG
_mpaul said:

That dude is collecting a salary funded by the hardworking citizens of the state of Michigan, and probably by the rest of us through the Department of Education. Let that sink in.

And people look at me funny when I think part of the solution to the student loan debt crisis should involve recovering money from universities that award worthless degrees.
Tom Doniphon
A perfect example of what liberalism does to people.
Love Gun
Get rid of Detroit, and Michigan would go deep red in a heartbeat. Same with Minnesota and Minneapolis.

Pity.

Coming to an Austin near you.
**** Joe Biden
Eliminatus
AG
My thought of some people just needing to have their asses kicked does not factor age into the equation.
richardag
Dear Professor Mehler

I believe you should make friends with the guy pictured below.

I think you may have much in common mentally.
-We understand why children are afraid of darkness ... but why are men afraid of light?
Plato
APHIS AG
TAMUallen said:

He sounds delightful!
Another nominee for Professor of the Year!!!!

Also, he is full of crap for even though he is tenured, his dean can strip him of his instructor duties and basically, he can sit in his office until he retires.

Same for his grading system for the dean can overturn any grade he gives.
JJxvi
AG
Lol his rant is straight out of Deadwood
JJxvi
AG

Nsfw language
45-70Ag
AG
Being pistol whipped daily for a month would solve a lot of problems for him.
whoop1995
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Some covid kid needs to cough all over this dude and watch his head literally explode
In Michigan they would probably get arrested for assault and battery and serve a life sentence and have several short term roommates committing murder that get out in 24 hours or less.
willtackleforfood
AG
I sold to the higher education (HE) industry for almost 20 years. No mas! I turned in my freakshow card last September and won't renew. This professor is not unique. HE attracts the loons. They are given shelter, and in this day and age of diversity, equity and inclusion - DEI is all these people talk about by the way - the freakier you are, the more they like you. Straight, white, Christian males - need not exist!

HE is in trouble. I can't wait for the meltdown.
DargelSkout
AG
What's the point of tenure anyway? I never understood the concept of telling someone they basically can't get fired.
annie88
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Again, something else South Park predicted with Covid idiocy.

Do you know that last one was halfway decent. The other two Covid ones they did started out good but within 10 minutes just went really stupid, this one still wasn't as good as it could've been but it stayed better longer.
annie88
AG
JJxvi said:

Nsfw language
Well he did give them credit for the rant.

That's the guy that played Bobby on supernatural.
FJB
AG
This guy should shut down the airlock to his helmet to save himself from the threat.
geoag58
AG
I'd say he retired one year too late.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.