Tarrant County refusing sick time to unvaccinated employees

4,469 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by richardag
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Salute The Marines said:

It makes sense. Why would you extend this benefit to someone who doesn't bother to even care or try to avoid covid? Remember covid is the disease, not the infection.
So Mr./Mrs. Listen To Your Doctor wants to penalize people that might have listened to their doctor because they don't even "bother to even care or try to avoid covid"?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
MouthBQ98
AG
What people can't get through their heads is that these. Vaccines are now only moderately effective at preventing serious cases (because serious cases are less common with the Omicron strain in general) and they don't prevent person to person spread.

If they were truly worried about preventing these CoVID sick days from being needed due to serious cases, they would have long ago demanded all fat employees lose weight, as that is an even larger factor in determining outcome than vaccination, and it can also be controlled by choice.

They never leaned on fat employees because it was never about reduction of hospitalization and wasted hours. It was about virtue signaling dogmatic compliance to CoVID paranoid customers and employees and to government regulators and politicians and making the right legal moves to fashion arguments to minimize legal liability.

waitwhat?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Salute The Marines said:

It makes sense. Why would you extend this benefit to someone who doesn't bother to even care or try to avoid covid? Remember covid is the disease, not the infection.
So Mr./Mrs. Listen To Your Doctor wants to penalize people that might have listened to their doctor because they don't even "bother to even care or try to avoid covid"?

This is a very good point. STV supposedly encourages folks to just listen to their doctors. If a TC employee's doctor told them they didn't really need the vaccine since they're healthy and already beat infection, should they still be denied extra sick time if they have a breakthrough infection?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Teslag
AG
Rock1982 said:

Staff, why do you continue to tolerate the 24/7 hateful troll?

Because I'm not trolling. I have explained to staff that these are my positions. They have said that as long as I'm respectful of other posters (don't attack character) and avoid referring to the vaccines as "completely" safe then I'm good. Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them a troll.
No Spin Ag
Muy said:

Has anyone asked them how vaccinated people need time off for catching Covid…. since, well, they are vaccinated.

Bringing logic into politics? Whoa
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ironmanag
AG
waitwhat? said:

https://www.fox4news.com/news/tarrant-county-brings-down-covid-19-sick-pay-from-10-days-to-5-days

This is for extra sick days they started doing for Covid. Shocker… employees were abusing it and ended up "getting Covid multiple times."

Now, only the clean (vaccinated) are eligible for additional freebie days off.

I'm all for them getting rid of additional days off for a cold, but it needs to be applied to everyone equally if they keep it. Not picking winners and losers.

We have the quaratine period days as well.

You will never guess the population that is "constantly exposed" and missing days.

psssst.. Here is a hint it is not the unvaxxed and unmasked heathens.
agsalaska
AG
96ags said:

I know this will come as a complete shocker, but politicians and Covidians alike are extremely stupid people(as is proven on this very thread).

The message that this sends to those that have not yet been vaccinated is that if you GET the shot, you will need additional sick time. If you do NOT get the shot, then you won't need that extra sick time.

In essence, they are advertising that the vaccine will make you sick!
Not only that, they are encouraging people who are sick to hide that fact and come to work.

So dumb.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Wildmen03
AG
I had planned on taking a week off of work between Christmas and New Years. Ended up getting COVID a few days before Christmas, notified work and they coded my vacation days as free quarantine days so I got my vacation days back.

Pretty sweet.

But yea, if I was asymptomatic and they made me burn my own days to take off, I'd be pissed.
BigRobSA
Wildmen03 said:

I had planned on taking a week off of work between Christmas and New Years. Ended up getting COVID a few days before Christmas, notified work and they coded my vacation days as free quarantine days so I got my vacation days back.

Pretty sweet.

But yea, if I was asymptomatic and they made me burn my own days to take off, I'd be pissed.

How are you posting from the afterlife?
A is A
AG
fine with that. just go in with covid and infect the vaccinated. they can just suck it.
Ag87H2O
AG
Salute The Marines said:

How does the employer know?

Maybe the unvaccinated person lives a much healthier lifestyle, excersizes, takes the proper vitamins, gets plenty of rest, and self-isolates outside of the work environment and the vaccinated person does none of that.

The shot does nothing to prevent infection or transmission, and it may give those that have taken it a false sense of security which leads to riskier behavior.
cageybee77
AG
siap - that won't survive a legal challenge.
ironmanag
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Salute The Marines said:

How does the employer know?

Maybe the unvaccinated person lives a much healthier lifestyle, excersizes, takes the proper vitamins, gets plenty of rest, and self-isolates outside of the work environment and the vaccinated person does none of that.

The shot does nothing to prevent infection or transmission, and it may give those that have taken it a false sense of security which leads to riskier behavior.
Ha..

1 is true except the self-isolating part. This unvaxxed and unmasked heathen lives like Covid doesn't exist.

Since I have had covid I have lost close to 60 pounds. I take vitamins and excersize and get plenty of sunlight and workout even when it is cold.

I have not been sick since and I am confident if I do get sick I will be just fine.

So you see Salute the Vaccine I do more than most vaxxers to avoid covid.

SoTheySay
S
I was back up and running before every single vaccinated person in my family. But okay.
beerad12man
AG
Stop testing. Stop masking. Stop treating this any differently than a cold or a flu in 2017 or 2019. If you get a fever, stay home a day or two. If you just have a little sniffle that might be covid, a cold, or cedar allergies, go to f***** work.

It's the only way.
Teslag
AG
beerad12man said:

Stop testing. Stop masking. Stop treating this any differently than a cold or a flu in 2017 or 2019. If you get a fever, stay home a day or two. If you just have a little sniffle that might be covid, a cold, or cedar allergies, go to f***** work.

It's the only way.

And stop counting every positive test as a "case".
LSB_2002
AG
Salute The Marines said:

I don't actively try and go out to get covid. I've had it............and am a long hauler. For that alone, my doc has stated I do not need to take the jab. But......to ******* like you, I am the one actively going out of my way to get covid. Your logic is bull ***** You have no idea why people do or don't get the vax. So f_ck off!
ironmanag
AG
beerad12man said:

It's the only way.
goatchze
AG
It's endemic. Just get rid of the extra PTO days for everyone.
Tarponfly
AG
At this point in the virus cycle, virtually everyone is going to get Covid. Vaccinated or unvaccinated, it does not matter. I chose to get the vaccine and the booster and am perfectly comfortable with that decision. It was not forced on me and I see nothing political about the juice that is contained in the needle. At least no more political than the other vaccines my family and I routinely receive for a variety of other maladies on an annual basis. Why does an employer care if someone elects to receive the vaccine to potentially reduce the adverse affects of the virus (which is why took it) or refuses it altogether? It is never going to stop the spread of this watered down but highly virulent strain of the virus. Why not apply the same logic to:

- the shingles vaccine
- the flu vacine
- the polio vaccine
- the pneumonia vaccine

Etc., etc.

If the objective is to protect your workforce and limit those who become sick from missing work, you could carry this logic to the extreme. And I can tell you this: I have had Covid at least twice. My experience did not come anywhere remotely close to how sick I became as an 18 year old the one and only time I contracted the seasonal flu.
LRB38
S
waitwhat? said:

https://www.fox4news.com/news/tarrant-county-brings-down-covid-19-sick-pay-from-10-days-to-5-days

This is for extra sick days they started doing for Covid. Shocker… employees were abusing it and ended up "getting Covid multiple times."

Now, only the clean (vaccinated) are eligible for additional freebie days off.

I'm all for them getting rid of additional days off for a cold, but it needs to be applied to everyone equally if they keep it. Not picking winners and losers.

Unfortunately it has been this way at my company for a while. If I don't get tested, I can't get it.
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
Salute The Marines said:

You are in-****ing-sufferable. Discrimination and bigotry are obviously not okay, based on your anti-Semitic comments in another thread, yet now they are okay if they meet your vaccine narrative. I've got news for you, if your belief system holds that discrimination and bigotry are not okay, it applies in all circumstances, it is not situational and not subject to whim.
Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception.
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
I foresee several attorneys and firms getting beyond stupid rich when the lawsuits over this COVID inanity begin rolling thru the courts. Class action anyone?
Teslag
AG
Jews can't be antisemetic. Hth
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Considering Semites include both Jews and non-Jewish Arabs, they certainly can be. HTH.
JR Ewingford
Just go to work sick and spread it. Screw it. Who cares anymore.
DannyDuberstein
AG
wbt5845 said:

This does make sense. Why extend this benefit to someone who isn't willing to take the simple measure of getting a safe, effective free vaccine?

Now do fats/smokers/gerbils - sure, if there was a safe, effective, free vaccine for those conditions, I'd say they're equivalent. They obviously are not.

This poster line-jumped old people in Tarrant County to get the vaccine in early January in spite of meeting none of the qualifications. Lied on his registration. That included jumping ahead of my 81 year old dad with dementia and a history of strokes, and thousands like my dad. Consider that when reading his input on the vaccine
BMX Bandit
Thanks for that reminder
TXaggiesTX
AG
Personally I would be upset if my company forced me to take sick time if they're going to force me to stay at home. I'm lucky and work a desk job and when I got COVID I didn't have to take time off and I just worked from home. But if they made me take time off I'd be pissed, because usually when I have a mild cold I still go to work.
deddog
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Now do fat people
BMX Bandit
deddog said:

Salute The Marines said:

Now do fat people

Will need a few more beers first, but okay.
Charpie
AG
I'll be waiting
richardag
Salute The Marines said:

I gave you a blue star. I will point out there are exceptions like the case of George Soros. He identified Jews for the Nazis' and that seems pretty anti-semetic.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.