Ohio congressman steps in the Godwin trap

8,811 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Yale
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.timesofisrael.com/ohio-gop-congressman-apologizes-for-comparing-vaccine-mandates-to-nazi-measures/amp/

As I've said many times, few things are more eye rolling than comparing anything to the Holocaust and Nazis. It's simply lazy and lacks effort at real arguments.

Quote:

JTA An Ohio Republican congressman apologized on Thursday for likening vaccine mandates to Nazi-era measures after a conversation with the state's Jewish umbrella body.

And as an ethnic Jew myself, it's good to see him denounced with compassion instead of calls for cancellation and retribution. However, it's exactly right that Godwins cheapen the tragedy of the Holocaust.

Quote:

"We spoke about how comparisons to Nazis, Nazism, Nazi Germany and the Holocaust degrade public discourse and cheapen the memory of the survivors, the victims, the liberators, and others who resisted," Beigerlman told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency in an email. "We agreed that passionate but civil debate about public policy can happen. Also, we did invite him to visit the Cincinnati Holocaust and Humanity Center, which is hopefully now in planning."
Rapier108
And yet you love to claim you don't support the mandates, but you sure love to defend them.

That said, when the mandates are used to exclude people from society, whether it is work, ability to engage in commerce, or even exist outside of their homes, then it is EXACTLY like what the Nazis did to the Jews.
Jason C.
AG
Rapier108 said:

And yet you love to claim you don't support the mandates, but you sure love to defend them.

That said, when the mandates are used to exclude people from society, whether it is work, ability to engage in commerce, or even exist outside of their homes, then it is EXACTLY like what the Nazis did to the Jews.

Exactly. "Sorry, sir, which people go into which railcars again?"
Tea Party
OP snitches on freedom lovers who oppose vaccine passports.

His/her post is full of irony.

Change my mind
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
cevans_40
AG
Jason C. said:

Rapier108 said:

I love when people think the nazis started killing folks on day one.
Marcus Brutus
Ethnic jew... Lol

Godwin is not a trap or a fallacy.

Low lifes who snitch to ruin people's lives for resisting the vax are no different than low lifes who out those hiding Jews in the 2nd world War.
richardag
The Jews were shunned and considered unclean years before the holocaust. So yes comparing the isolation and firing of unvaccinated to the holocaust is uncalled for at this time. However, comparing it to the prelude to the holocaust isn't much of a stretch. Australia has internment camps already, the Democratic Party leadership has called for re-education of Trump supporters (internment camps), New York City police are arresting families with 5 year old children.
-We understand why children are afraid of darkness ... but why are men afraid of light?
Plato
C@LAg
vaccine and mask mandates are nazi tools.

HTH

#Truth
Rockdoc
AG
You're just trying too hard. A little late I'm afraid.
C@LAg
Rockdoc said:

You're just trying too hard. A little late I'm afraid.
he is literally just saluting himself here.
I am always wrong
The vaccine mandates and the absurd hate-filled rhetoric and discrimination against the "unvaccinated" are absolutely reminiscent of 1930s Germany. He shouldn't have apologized. OP is a loon, and that's putting it mildly.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Jason C. said:

Rapier108 said:

Know history. It didn't start with train cars.

The Nazis started with the Spanish flu and calling Jews unclean because the Nazis accused the Jews of spreading the flu. They then marked the Jews to separate them from the rest of the populace. Then they started to strip away the rights of the Jews. The right to work, the right to own property, then they started to match them to the camps.

I see a lot of dangerous parallels between those actions and the vaccine mandate and the accusations by the president of the United States saying the unvaccinated are spreading this disease then demanding they be tested and wear a mask when vaccinated need neither the testing or mask.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Marcus Brutus
They also accused the Jews of responsibility for the Treaty of Versailles, which screwed Germany over.
DrEvazanPhD
So what is an ethnic Jew?
Proc92
Everyone who invokes this stupid internet adage is literally Hitler.
Marcus Brutus
DrEvazanPhD said:

Someone with ancestors from one of the 12 tribes.
C@LAg
DrEvazanPhD said:

it is mostly a self-identifying ethnicity with some geographical component if you want to tr to make it fit, but cannot definitively prove for most.
AggieKeith15
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Jason C. said:

Rapier108 said:

Know history. It didn't start with train cars.

The Nazis started with the Spanish flu and calling Jews unclean because the Nazis accused the Jews of spreading the flu. They then marked the Jews to separate them from the rest of the populace. Then they started to strip away the rights of the Jews. The right to work, the right to own property, then they started to match them to the camps.

I see a lot of dangerous parallels between those actions and the vaccine mandate and the accusations by the president of the United States saying the unvaccinated are spreading this disease then demanding they be tested and wear a mask when vaccinated need neither the testing or mask.

Yet this pathetic troll wants to waste his time goal tending for evil tyrants rather than call out the obvious evil [nazis] who have made this whole thing an issue to begin with.

And in doing so making it clear he is nothing more than... a "true believer"
DrEvazanPhD
C@LAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

it is mostly a self-identifying ethnicity with some geographical component if you want to tr to make it fit, but cannot definitively prove for most.

That's about what I figured
hbtheduce
AG
OP has to justify his own behavior. This is a poor attempt to clear his conscious. The comparison to the nazis hits a little too close to home him. He ratted out people to the police for trying to get around mandates. No better than the German neighbor who pointed to jews in hiding.
Teslag
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

A Jew that is Jewish by blood but is not religious. Many American Jews like myself fall in this group.
Teslag
AG
C@LAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

This is completely false and borders on antisemitism FYI.
AgResearch
AG
NM
Teslag
AG
I think this thread can stay on topic if people could avoid personal attacks on someone's ethnicity and culture. Would you not agree? We are all Aggies after all.
AgResearch
AG
NM
C@LAg
Salute The Marines said:

C@LAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

bull crap. and keep your libelous anti-Semitic comments to yourself.

a large part of any ethnicity for any group is shared cultural and self-identified components that distinguish them from other groups.

They are not always or even have to be innate, universal or inherent.

and that does apply to many people who consider themselves Jewish
Ags4DaWin
C@LAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Actually motochondrial DNA makes it very easy to track ethnic Jewish heritage.

There is a tribe in Africa of dark skinned people who had odd cultural habits who claimed to be descendants of Jews after the babylonian conquering and scattering.

Noone believed them.

They did mitochondrial DNA testing and yeah...they are all ethnic jewish.
NTAS
I remember when Fauci said questioning him was "attacking the science".

Trying to defend yourself by saying questions directed towards you are an attack on some larger group or ideal is redacted

Playing a "race card" is redacted

Pretending you are offended or have some sort of umbrella protection when you have repeatedly distanced yourself from your heritage is redacted
Harry Stone
AG
Salute The Marines said:

I think this thread can stay on topic if people could avoid personal attacks on someone's ethnicity and culture. Would you not agree? We are all Aggies after all.

im an ethnic jew and i think youre being WAY too sensitive.
AggieIce
AG
"Borderline anti-Semitic"
Teslag
AG
C@LAg said:

Salute The Marines said:

C@LAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

bull crap. and keep your libelous anti-Semitic comments to yourself.

a large part of any ethnicity for any group is shared cultural and self-identified components that distinguish them from other groups.

They are not always or even have to be innate, universal or inherent.

and that does apply to many people who consider themselves Jewish

False. Someone is a Jew through matrilineal birth. That's it. The end. You don't get to tell Jews how they determine who is who.
FratboyLegend
Not this nonsense again.

Which temple do you attend again?
#CertifiedSIP
Harry Stone
AG
Salute The Marines said:

C@LAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

are you serious?
Teslag
AG
FratboyLegend said:

Not this nonsense again.

Which temple do you attend again?

I don't. I'm a Methodist. There are many Christian Jews.
agsquirrel97
AG
Not worth the effort, have a nice night
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.