Do you think this is a fair assessment?

2,413 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Esteban du Plantier
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Would you say our species is in some state of "amnesia" in concerns to what we are supposed to be doing or how we are supposed to be living, or what we are supposed to be focused on?
LOYAL AG
AG
Ask yourself this. If the electric grid failed tomorrow what percentage of us would die within a month. The answer almost assuredly exceeds 90%. We have no idea how to survive without HEB having stocked shelves. So yes, I'd say we've forgotten a great deal about nature and I think it's spot on with the idea that the Establishment spends an enormous amount of money maintaining the current state of affairs.
C@LAg
AgBQ-00 said:

Would you say our species is in some state of "amnesia" in concerns to what we are supposed to be doing or how we are supposed to be living, or what we are supposed to be focused on?
no. it is cultural.

many other cultures do not have this problem.
C@LAg
LOYAL AG said:

Ask yourself this. If the electric grid failed tomorrow what percentage of us would die without a month.
what use is a month is the event of a blackout?
LOYAL AG
AG
C@LAg said:

AgBQ-00 said:

no. it is cultural.

That's a fair assessment. America has forgotten. The west has forgotten. Not all of humanity is incapable of surviving without HEB having stocked shelves.
LOYAL AG
AG
C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

Ask yourself this. If the electric grid failed tomorrow what percentage of us would die without a month.
Most people can live without food for a month. Water, that's closer to three days. If it makes you feel better I originally put two weeks.
C@LAg
LOYAL AG said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

Most people can live without food for a month. Water, that's closer to three days. If it makes you feel better I originally put two weeks.
i was focused on the "without" part.

luckily most Americans are fat, so when we all resort to cannibalism and have to hunt them down, the eaters are going to be doing well.
DrEvazanPhD
C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

luckily most Americans are fat, so when we all resort to cannibalism and have to hunt them down, the eaters are going to be doing well.

Yeah, but the marbling will be terrible!
aggiehawg
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

My late uncle was buying some Adolphs when a Black woman asked him why he was buying that. He told her because, " It makes the meat more tender." Her reply, "What does it do to your stomach?"
DrEvazanPhD
Blue star for you
LOYAL AG
AG
C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

Fantastic response!
APHIS AG
C@LAg said:

AgBQ-00 said:

no. it is cultural.

"Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times." G. Michael Hopf

We are currently in the weak men phase and it is only going to get worse.
agsalaska
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Ask yourself this. If the electric grid failed tomorrow what percentage of us would die within a month. The answer almost assuredly exceeds 90%. We have no idea how to survive without HEB having stocked shelves. So yes, I'd say we've forgotten a great deal about nature and I think it's spot on with the idea that the Establishment spends an enormous amount of money maintaining the current state of affairs.
I would be one of the 10%
Rapier108
History just repeats itself. Rome lost its way and eventually collapsed. It then took the European part of the Roman world 1000 years to begin to seriously recover.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Esteban du Plantier
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I can't help but read that in his voice.
Teslag
AG
LOYAL AG said:

To be fair, even many of us who can hunt and fish would also die. Is there enough wildlife out there to sustain the sheer number of capable people out there year round with no conservation?
medwriter
AgBQ-00 said:

I think all civilizations (not particularly a species) get to a certain point to where they effectively commit suicide, I really do believe that. If the technology we have today were not available I do believe that the United States of America would be around (as it was founded) for at least another thousand years.
medwriter
agsalaska said:

LOYAL AG said:

I would be one of the 10%
Then I'm coming for you and your supplies, weapons, ammo, and generally good lean meat with a lot of protein on them bones.
medwriter
aggiehawg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

C@LAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

My late uncle was buying some Adolphs when a Black woman asked him why he was buying that. He told her because, " It makes the meat more tender." Her reply, "What does it do to your stomach?"
The better to eat you with my dear!
Pooh-ah95_ESL
AG
Salute The Marines said:

LOYAL AG said:

To be fair, even many of us who can hunt and fish would also die. Is there enough wildlife out there to sustain the sheer number of capable people out there year round with no conservation?

Eat the people, not conserve them!
stetson
AG
I think that over time our DNA as a species is breaking down and people are becoming more crazy and insane.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
stetson said:

I think that over time our DNA as a species is breaking down and people are becoming more crazy and insane.

Toxoplasmosis.

It's why every cat owner is a liberal weirdo.

True story.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.