NYTimes Investigating Employee Over Hateful Messages To Gun Rights Group

2,907 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by medwriter
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-times-reviews-wirecutter-editor-erin-marquis-over-voicemail-for-gun-rights-group-after-michigan-shooting/ar-AARrCXb

TLDR: Wirecutter editor Erin Marquis is under review because of scathing tweets and phone messages she left with Great Lakes Gun Rights. Among the messages:
///
" Hi, I'm a journalist with The New York Times. I'm just calling to wonder, I have two questions. How do you sleep at night?" the woman said on the clip posted on YouTube by the national group.

"Aren't you just, like, a little bit worried that there might be a hell, and when you meet God he might send you there?" the woman asked.

"The only people politicizing this seems to be you, because you're the only people I got a f----- press release from," the woman said. "Again, I am from The New York Times, and I am letting everyone in The New York Times know what kind of f---ing as-holes you are. Congrats on being a laughingstock."

"You f---ing ghouls, I hope that there is a God in heaven, so he judges you when you die," the woman said in a second audio clip."
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Rapier108
She sounds nice and stable.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
93MarineHorn
Sounds like normal behavior from today's "journalists".
GAC06
AG
Is it not a good idea to repeatedly name drop your employer while leaving unhinged, vaguely threatening messages?
TheEternalPessimist
Ladies and Gentlemen -- may I present to you the mainstream media appointed "paper of record" for America --- The New York Times.

Year of the Germaphobe
AG
That is someone who isn't getting what they want, and are choosing to revert to infantile behavior or name calling.

Behavior like that is indicative of unresolved character flaws, a generally messy lifestyle, and anxiety....

People like this should NOT be journalists...someone needs to let the Batt know.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
is this the tolerant left i keep hearing about?
Squadron7
AG
The Gray Lady has become the Gray Crazy Cat Lady.
Sully Dog
93MarineHorn said:

Sounds like normal behavior from today's "journalists".
The NYTs has never been a journalistic outlet. It has always been an activitist organization. This is the same organization that down played the holocaust during WWII and refused to report on concentration camps. Then covered up the Holodomor Genocide because it was pro-communist. For a long time it refused to report on the Gulags. It has a long history of garbage reporting from garbage humans.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
TChaney
As usual she deleted her Twitter.

https://archive.vn/9RgCj

Rapier108
TChaney said:

Picture and profile exactly like one would expect.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
UTExan
Squadron7 said:

The Gray Lady has become the Gray Crazy Cat Lady.

I would not inflict this person on any poor animal.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Marcus Brutus
GAC06 said:

Is it not a good idea to repeatedly name drop your employer while leaving unhinged, vaguely threatening messages?

Lol
Marcus Brutus
TChaney said:

Still wood. Sorry.
MouthBQ98
AG
Just 1?
ABATTBQ11
AG
You see those arms?
TChaney
CCP Joe Veggie said:

TChaney said:

Still wood. Sorry.

zoneag
Bitter, fat, and ugly with low intellect. About what you get with your average leftist white woman.
AgNav93
AG
Dos Tasadores De TAMU said:

That is someone who isn't getting what they want, and are choosing to revert to infantile behavior or name calling.

Behavior like that is indicative of unresolved character flaws, a generally messy lifestyle, and anxiety....

People like this should NOT be journalists...someone needs to let the Batt know.
Journalism attracts people like that. So does entertainment.
Ciboag96
Can someone please point me to any credible investigations of right wing hate? Anyone? Buehler?
Deputy Travis Junior
CCP Joe Veggie said:

TChaney said:

Still wood. Sorry.

Far be it from me to judge your particular proclivities, but as an experienced online dater and profile picture sleuth, I think you should know that this fine young lady needs to lose 50-75 pounds to get to a healthy BMI. I have been punished for not noticing these things in the past so they no longer slide by me.
Scotty Appleton
He may be a skinny black dude. To each their own.
taxpreparer
AG
AgNav93 said:

Dos Tasadores De TAMU said:

Journalism attracts people like that. So does entertainment.

But you repeat yourself. Now days there is no difference
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Aggie Joe 93
AG
GAC06 said:

And throwing around the threat of God's judgement as a weapon of intimidation isn't all that smart either.
CanyonAg77
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

GAC06 said:

And throwing around the threat of God's judgement as a weapon of intimidation isn't all that smart either.

99% chance of being an atheist
Marcus Brutus
TChaney said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

TChaney said:

Still wood. Sorry.

Oh wait. Nevermind.
Marcus Brutus
Deputy Travis Junior said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

TChaney said:

Still wood. Sorry.

Far be it from me to judge your particular proclivities, but as an experienced online dater and profile picture sleuth, I think you should know that this fine young lady needs to lose 50-75 pounds to get to a healthy BMI. I have been punished for not noticing these things in the past so they no longer slide by me.

Thanks. I have since repented after getting more info.

ABATTBQ11 noticed the arms initially. I missed them.
doubledog
UTExan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-times-reviews-wirecutter-editor-erin-marquis-over-voicemail-for-gun-rights-group-after-michigan-shooting/ar-AARrCXb

TLDR: Wirecutter editor Erin Marquis is under review because of scathing tweets and phone messages she left with Great Lakes Gun Rights. Among the messages:
///
" Hi, I'm a journalist with The New York Times. I'm just calling to wonder, I have two questions. How do you sleep at night?" the woman said on the clip posted on YouTube by the national group.

"Aren't you just, like, a little bit worried that there might be a hell, and when you meet God he might send you there?" the woman asked.

"The only people politicizing this seems to be you, because you're the only people I got a f----- press release from," the woman said. "Again, I am from The New York Times, and I am letting everyone in The New York Times know what kind of f---ing as-holes you are. Congrats on being a laughingstock."

"You f---ing ghouls, I hope that there is a God in heaven, so he judges you when you die," the woman said in a second audio clip."

We are the NYT and we approved this message.
APHIS AG
Rapier108 said:

Sounds like your typical liberal to me.

It is one thing to be thought of as a fool, another to opens one mouth and remove all doubt.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
APHIS AG said:

Rapier108 said:

Sounds like your typical liberal to me.

It is one thing to be thought of as a fool, another to opens one mouth and remove all doubt.

Yes.

The other thing about liberal women.

If you just listen to the audio without knowing what she looks like, you can guess how she looks with a out 97% accuracy.

That mentality only manifests itself in an ugly, self-hating, predictable physical expression.

Pick any rabid leftist white female, listen before looking, and you will be right 97+% of the time.

The uglinesswithin manifests itself through the voice and tone.

You're almost always right.
bigcat22
AG
TChaney said:

Pronouns in the bio…always pronouns in the bios
deddog
AG
bigcat22 said:

TChaney said:

Pronouns in the bio…always pronouns in the bios
We need adjectives not pronouns

Ugly ass ***** would be appropriate
techno-ag
AG
Reminds you of the dude cursing the cute girl in the Chic-fil-a drive thru. Or Alec Baldwin leaving that voicemail for his daughter.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
DGrimesAg92
I bet she graduated "Top of her class" from her online college.
medwriter
Rapier108 said:

A pillar in her community.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.