Talked with a vaxxed friend last night

5,328 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old McDonald
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He also had his college freshman daughter get vaxxed.

Asked him why he got vaxxed…

"Well, I just want to be safe (understandable) and also make sure I can't give it to other people (do you news, bro?!)"

No matter how much info continues to pile up, apparently some people have no clue that what he said at the end is completely made up.
Aggie95
AG
well.......did you tell him? and what was his response?
TexAgs91
AG
Muy said:

"Well, I just want to be safe (understandable) and also make sure I can't give it to other people (do you news, bro?!)"

No matter how much info continues to pile up, apparently some people have no clue that what he said at the end is completely made up.
Yeah, because he watches the "news"
justcallmeharry
S
And, It's free!!!!
waitwhat?
People literally still believe the virus had/has a fatality rate nearing 2%.

I simply don't understand how we can be nearly two years into this thing and people don't know the basics about it.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
MookieBlaylock
AG
Thought my Facebook wasnt workong
Glad ot syncs here now
BAP Enthusiast
Muy said:

This is classic demoralization that Yuri Bezmenov spoke about. You can shove information into their face and they won't believe it.
Mr. Lahey
AG
waitwhat? said:

I simply don't understand how we can be nearly two years into this thing and people don't know the basics about it.

A neighbor told me yesterday that Italy had lost a third of its population. 60 year old woman, dead serious. I just said wow and changed the subject.
Rapier108
waitwhat? said:

The terrified believe it is much higher than 2%. Some think it is 10%, others 20%, and some think it is worse than Ebola.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tailgate88
AG
justcallmeharry said:

And, It's free!!!!
I was driving around College Station last weekend and noticed in two different parking lots trailers set up "FREE Covid testing! "FREE Covid vaccinations". I guess they must be paying for it with Unicorn farts.
GTdad
Mr. Lahey said:

waitwhat? said:

A neighbor told me yesterday that Italy had lost a third of its population. 60 year old woman, dead serious. I just said wow and changed the subject.
Somebody that dumb couldn't possibly find Italy on a map. Of Italy.
Muy
AG
Aggie95 said:

well.......did you tell him? and what was his response?

This was after I told him about the team meeting in AZ I couldn't attend due to vax status, and how a couple of people there got Covid… all of them vaxxed.

So just moved on.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Personally don't understand how these conversations even come up. I don't care if anyone is or isn't vaxxed and what their reason(s) are for being vaxxed or not.

If people are going to insist that it's everyone else's personal medical decision to make for themselves and not the government's then why is anyone worried about what other's choose. Both "Sides" seem to be doing this and it's just weird. Are people who talk about their Covid vaccine statuses also talking to everyone about all of the other medical conditions / decisions are?

"So Bob, how is your diabetes? Did you get the flu shot this year? Tell me why so that I can try to talk to you about my decision"

The sooner both sides just stop talking about it and trying to "convince" people to agree with them, the sooner we just move on. Outside of family, I just don't think it's anyone's business.
mazzag
AG
Had the same conversation with a good friend a couple of months ago. Smart guy and truly wanted to know why we haven't complied. A couple of weeks later had this come up with a high school friend and it became heated and she yelled at me "that's a lie" when I said "you can still get the virus and die". These are both conservative folks. One with a college degree one without. Both brain washed and both got the shot due to aging parents in poor health. And that's ok.
mazzag
AG
My "smart" friend asked because he lives in Florida and came home to visit his parents and rearranged visiting us because we haven't complied. He didn't want to hang out with us and then see his parents because, ya know...
TChaney
Tailgate88 said:

justcallmeharry said:

And, It's free!!!!
I was driving around College Station last weekend and noticed in two different parking lots trailers set up "FREE Covid testing! "FREE Covid vaccinations". I guess they must be paying for it with Unicorn farts.

Probably the same people that setup hail repair / windshield repair tents after a storm.

Player To Be Named Later
AG
mazzag said:

My "smart" friend asked because he lives in Florida and came home to visit his parents and rearranged visiting us because we haven't complied. He didn't want to hang out with us and then see his parents because, ya know...
That's dumb too. Does he not leave the house? Or does he ask anyone who comes near him if they've had the vaccine? Everyone just needs to get to making their own choices and moving on with their life, not needing to make this a topic of conversation with everyone. I mean, you talk to a good friend about a medical topic and rush off to TexAgs to banter about the conversation. Just weird. Just another reason this crap will never end, among 1,000 other reasons.
BlueSmoke
The ONLY talking point that is somewhat touchy to try and prove or disprove is that like the flu shot, it MIGHT help alleviate symptoms.

But how do you prove this either way? Especially with the vast majority of cases are asymptomatic. Everything else is utter nonsense and has been completely debunked.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Rapier108
Player To Be Named Later said:

Personally don't understand how these conversations even come up. I don't care if anyone is or isn't vaxxed and what their reason(s) are for being vaxxed or not.
Because for the Branch Covidians, the shots are THE most important thing in life.

It is their of baptism into the cult of Covidianism and they want every other person in the world to join them.

They bring it up every chance they get.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Rapier108 said:

Because for the Branch Covidians, the shots are THE most important thing in life.

It is their of baptism into the Covidianism and they want every other person in the world to join them.

They bring it up every chance they get.
From what I've seen on here both the "Branch Covidians" and "Patriots" like to bring it up whenever they can to look smarter than the other.

Both sides just need to start keeping this **** to themselves and we'll all just move on faster. Both "Sides" are acting pretty dumb about having to change everyone else's mind. I mean, just right here we have the OP starting a conversation with someone who is vaxxed. OP isn't a "Branch Covidian having to tell everyone else" We have a non "Branch Covidian" just HAVING to know why the "Branch Covidian" who didn't bring it up why he got vaxxed. Why are these really even necessary conversations?
BlueSmoke
mazzag said:

Had the same conversation with a good friend a couple of months ago. Smart guy and truly wanted to know why we haven't complied. A couple of weeks later had this come up with a high school friend and it became heated and she yelled at me "that's a lie" when I said "you can still get the virus and die". These are both conservative folks. One with a college degree one without. Both brain washed and both got the shot due to aging parents in poor health. And that's ok.

Nobody cares. Work Harder
Marcus Brutus

mazzag said:

That's dumb too. Does he not leave the house? Or does he ask anyone who comes near him if they've had the vaccine? Everyone just needs to get to making their own choices and moving on with their life, not needing to make this a topic of conversation with everyone. I mean, you talk to a good friend about a medical topic and rush off to TexAgs to banter about the conversation. Just weird. Just another reason this crap will never end, among 1,000 other reasons.

Not wierd to me. He posted it as evidence of how misinformed people are, not to simply share the conversation.

Its never going to end because people like his friend are completely misinformed, not because we are sharing evidence of his friend's ignorance.
Teslag
AG
Anyone getting vaccinated to protect others is a moron. Yes, it does significantly reduce chances of transmission but nothing near a guarantee
Player To Be Named Later
AG
CCP Joe Veggie said:

mazzag said:

Not wierd to me. He posted it as evidence of how misinformed people are, not to simply share the conversation.

Its never going to end because people like his friend are completely misinformed, not because we are sharing evidence of his friend's ignorance.
But why do people even feel the need to ask each other these questions?

Someone asks me and I'm telling them "None of your God damned business, how's that for a reason?"
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Get Off My Lawn
I think many folks made a low-information decision and then checked out. "I'm clean / virtuous / compliant / protected so now I can ignore stuff and move on."

They typically do as they are told and just haven't kept up with the ever shifting information landscape (obfuscated through "official channels). That's actually a big factor in why many of us on F16 have been referencing "Vaccinated Super-Spreaders." Folks who assume their vaccination prevents them from spreading and so they don't adopt preventative behavior when they get mildly sick.
YouBet
AG

If people are going to insist that it's everyone else's personal medical decision to make for themselves and not the government's then why is anyone worried about what other's choose. Both "Sides" seem to be doing this and it's just weird. Are people who talk about their Covid vaccine statuses also talking to everyone about all of the other medical conditions / decisions are?

"So Bob, how is your diabetes? Did you get the flu shot this year? Tell me why so that I can try to talk to you about my decision"

The sooner both sides just stop talking about it and trying to "convince" people to agree with them, the sooner we just move on. Outside of family, I just don't think it's anyone's business.
Happens almost daily with my wife at work. The opening small talk and joking around before the actual meeting starts is usually about COVID and it has morphed thusly:

Then: Are you vaccinated?
More recently: Which vaccine and how long have you been vaccinated?
Now: What is your antibody count?

Yes, this latest conversation happened this week. She sat there while her peers were comparing antibody counts to see who had the highest count.
Rapier108
Salute The Marines said:

Yes, it does significantly reduce chances of transmission but nothing near a guarantee
No, it doesn't. People who have had the shots carry a much higher viral load then those who didn't.

The higher one's viral load, the easier it is to transmit.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
justcallmeharry said:

And, It's free!!!!

Don't forget safe and effective
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
richardag

I somewhat understand what you're saying, however our government is forcing or trying to force mandates for the vaccine. This brings the subject to the forefront, just not talking about it will not make the conflict go away.
-We understand why children are afraid of darkness ... but why are men afraid of light?
Plato
Player To Be Named Later
AG
To a degree, it would at least help.

Maybe I'm just the odd man out, I have zero desire to talk to friends about their vaccine status and why/why not
CC09LawAg
OK....that is all well and good but let me ask you; which "side" is the one that is trying to make people lose their jobs, restrict other's ability to travel, etc.?

Stop trying to act like this is a two way street; it's not. One side wants total compliance and control, while another is saying live and let live.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
CC09LawAg said:

OK....that is all well and good but let me ask you; which "side" is the one that is trying to make people lose their jobs, restrict other's ability to travel, etc.?

Stop trying to act like this is a two way street; it's not. One side wants total compliance and control, while another is saying live and let live.
It absolutely is a two way street when it comes to people feeling the need to debate with each other. Which is all I'm talking about here.

You can't say "I just want people to live and let live" and also say "Hey, I decided to ask my vaxxed neighbor about why he got vaxxed. If you want to live and let live, then it shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

What you're saying is correct. Nothing in what I said has anything to do with the point you're making. See, this is why this is just so mind numbing from everyone. You want to make a point about something and it devolves into a different subject altogether.
BoydCrowder13
Don't understand why anyone cares at this point. A lot of pride on both sides. Vaccinated bragging about being vaccinated. Unvaxed bragging that they aren't "sheep". Both sides hating the other. Really a stupid reason for divisions.
samurai_science
Rapier108 said:

Salute The Marines said:

Yes, it does significantly reduce chances of transmission but nothing near a guarantee
No, it doesn't. People who have had the shots carry a much higher viral load then those who didn't.

The higher one's viral load, the easier it is to transmit.
Correct

https://brownstone.org/articles/16-studies-on-vaccine-efficacy/

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19/news/viral-loads-similar-between-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.