Another Jobs miss by more than 50%!

3,763 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiebrad94
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't been keeping track, but the economy still seems sick.

DrEvazanPhD
"Unexpecte(d)ly"
sports
I'm sure the Xiden propaganda dept will revise it in a few days.
BQ_90
AG
My guess is their not counting in the flash mob looters in those numbers.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Is that good ? I don't think that's good.
BIMS O1
AG
How many of those were added in Texas and Florida
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fenrir
It's all those unvaccinated people's fault.
Matt_ag98
Hmmmm unexpected once again eh?
93MarineHorn
I'm pleasantly surprised that FedGov can't simply make up whatever job numbers they want like commies do and have the media just go along.
StandUpforAmerica
Don't worry, Jen has it under control.

Marcus Brutus
The unvaxxed are holding down the recovery.
Owlagdad
LOL. Some other news outlet said it was going to be great report!!!!
Ag87H2O
AG
She is a terrible press secretary. One of if not the worst ever. I've seen wet cats that have better personalities and personas.

The only way she survives is that her comrades in the media continually let her get away with crap answers like that, otherwise she would have been deservedly run out of the press office long ago.
jimscott85
AG
Why do they even try. Labor force participation steadily declined until 2014/2015 and rebounded to more than 63% before COVID. We're still below 62% and have been there for over a year. Until people are willing to work, the unemployment rate is irrelevant and the weekly jobs report is useless. The "inventory" of available workers has shrunk.
AgsMnn
AG
Why are more jobs needed when current jobs are not being filled?

Fightin_Aggie
AG
Lowered expectations

Just two more weeks to destroy our country is all these lousy no good rats need.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
DallasAg 94
They will be revised down.
richardag
Fenrir said:

Sarcasm duly noted. That will be in President Biden's next speech, defended by the press.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
aggiebrad94
AG
Most likely they will be revised up. Check out this month's ADP private sector jobs:

534k New Job Added

Massive revisions to summer jobs numbers +600k

There are employment issues at hand but don't let the headlines scare you.
Ernest Tucker
AG
1. Policies create lack of available workers
2. Open border to bring influx of illegal available workers
3. Don't require influx of illegal available workers prove vaccination as many are not vaccinated.
4. Create work environment where everyone has to prove vaccination, even the new influx of illegal available workers
5. ???
6. Profit!

Edit: did not intend to reply
Owlagdad
aggiebrad94 said:

Most likely they will be revised up. Check out this month's ADP private sector jobs:

534k New Job Added

Tell that to the stock market.
richardag
Jobs Growth
I am not an economist so I wanted more information describing "Jobs Growth"
Quote:

That said, it is important to remember that jobs growth numbers in the employment situation summary have a wide margin of error. The jobs growth numbers for a particular month are revised over time and become more accurate once they are firmly in the past. This means the current figure for a particular month can be off by over 100,000. Put another way, a negative jobs growth number could actually be a modest gain, as could a jobs growth number that clears the minimum growth range by 100,000. Although this level of inaccuracy is far from common, it does occur regularly enough to merit a degree of skepticism about jobs growth figures.

Special Considerations
How Jobs Growth is Measured
The Bureau of Labor Statistics compiles jobs growth data by sending out a survey and publishing the results every month. The employment situation summary containing jobs growth figures combines data from the BLS household survey tracking unemployment by demographic and the establishment survey that focuses on nonfarm employment by industry. The data from these two surveys is used to provide the headline figures on jobs growth and unemployment.
So basically this is based on statistical modeling?

I am more interested in labor participation and unemployment which should be based on more concrete information.

One thing to add, although "Jobs Growth" may be inherently inaccurate it still allows month to month comparison, if the methods attaining the data is consistent. And with this incompetent corrupt President and his moronic administration the U.S. faces some dangerous hard times.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
DallasAg 94
aggiebrad94 said:

534k New Job Added

It is the inflation and lack of product availability I see, that scares me.
RoadkillBBQ
Fenrir said:

Yes, because we never quit working. We should have all panicked over Covid and went on the government tit and then started working again when benefits ran out. That way we could better support this illegitimate administration. What the heck was I thinking and why didn't I do my part to Build Back Better?

BadMoonRisin
AG
oh man, listen to those ******s that asked her the question just yuck it up. HAHA HAHAHAH, so funny. YOU CANT COMMENT. WHITE HOUSE RULES. LMAO so FUUUUNNNNNNNY. Job numbers 50% what they should be. Cant ask about the economy. Oh man, so silly. What were we thinking? At 9:30, you must have a really great answer for this absolutely horrible question. We'll get back to you then when you are allowed to comment on it. Im sure you'll give a very concrete answer.

Just like you did when you dismissed hoards of hoodrats looting stores as "cuz of da pandemic".

Our press is an absolute joke.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
will25u
Ciboag96
Rapier108
will25u said:

That's the lie the media is repeating all over the place.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
SeMgCo87
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Is that good ? I don't think that's good.
Not good to under shoot the targeted number...

For many years, 200k job opening increase is like bare minimum to maintain pace with eligible people entering the workforce (aged 16 to 60+)...

The key stat is the continued growth in unfilled job openings, which is where many, or most, of these "new job openings" are collecting.

This is not a rising tide of job openings, this is a flood of entitled dependents, being supported by fewer and fewer productive workers.

They are either retiring Boomers, or eligible younger people, all waiting for their $25/hr jobs, part-time, full benefits with "guaranteed benefit" retirement packages, 1 month vacation/yr, with annual raises and bpnuses.

And work from home...
TexasAggie_97
AG
Perhaps they calculated the numbers (d)ifferently.
Owlagdad
Jobs don't matter to Libs and to the poor they have convinced that they are too good to work. Just print money and tell them it is the rich folks fault.
I pray inflation is chipping away at upper middle class liberals and they may see the light. Dunno. They may drive the Lexus for another year and maybe ask daughter to get a roomate at tu and ends will meet without giving up too much.
Meanwhile, I raised an eyebrow at my favorite catfish place who now gives smaller portions and went up $3.00, and I get piss poor service cause no one wants to work.
aggiebrad94
AG
Owlagdad said:

aggiebrad94 said:

534k New Job Added

Tell that to the stock market.
The S&P is up over 20% this year. We haven't even had a 5% pullback from the 52 week high.
Mas89
AG
MaroonStain
AG
Ag87H2O said:

She is a terrible press secretary. One of if not the worst ever. I've seen wet cats that have better personalities and personas.

The only way she survives is that her comrades in the media continually let her get away with crap answers like that, otherwise she would have been deservedly run out of the press office long ago.

Raggedy Ann is out of the position at the end of the year.
SeMgCo87
AG
MaroonStain said:

Ag87H2O said:

Raggedy Ann is out of the position at the end of the year.
To Martyrdom?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.