Provide a justification for abortion after 15 weeks, besides health reasons

18,438 Views | 494 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kvetch
waitwhat?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go…
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
hbtheduce
AG
It's slowing the demographic and political shift of America...

Disclaimer: abortion is murder
waitwhat?
I guess we can do satirical justifications, too
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
TefIon Don
AG
Edited because my point didn't come across as intended.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Just spitballing here, but If it took that Kavanaugh accuser 30 some years to decide he assaulted her, perhaps it could take a person over 15 weeks to decide the conception was a result of incest or rape.

Edited to state that I find both situations ridiculous, you should know what happened and be able to get an abortion within 15 weeks.
combat wombat™
AG
Not abortion, per se, but I had pre-eclampsia during both of my pregnancies. The ONLY cure is to be delivered of the baby(ies). Eclampsia is life-threatening. In fact, my great-grandmother died of it 3 days after my grandfather was born. So, one reason would be if the mother has eclampsia/pre-eclampsia and the baby is not viable.

That said, I would deliver the baby and do the best to make it comfortable, not abort it. Dying while held in your mother's arm is probably better than dying by being aborted.
Bag
AG
waitwhat? said:

Go…
Ok, I will play, but first, YOU provide a justification FOR abortion in the first 15 weeks. New flash, You wont do it because your goal is to eliminate ALL abortion, not just late stage abortions. At least own it.
Bubblez
It's your own body
combat wombat™
AG
Maybe we just shouldn't kill babies. Ever.
cisgenderedAggie
Bag said:

waitwhat? said:

Go…
Ok, I will play, but first, YOU provide a justification FOR abortion in the first 15 weeks. New flash, You wont do it because your goal is to eliminate ALL abortions, not just late stage abortions. At least own it.

Wut
combat wombat™
AG
Bubblez said:

It's your own body

My babies were NOT a part of my body.
Bag
AG
combat wombat said:

Maybe we judt shouldn't kill babies. Ever.
there you go, at least own the fact that this has nothing to do with late stage abortion, at least admit that the goal is to outlaw all abortion.

at that point maybe we can have a real conversation
C@LAg
waitwhat? said:

I guess we can do satirical justifications, too
then no baby back ribs shortages
Demosthenes81
AG
I have always had a problem with the viability standard. The point of viability 200 years ago was different than now, and will be different in another 200 years. Viability puts the definition of what is human into the realm of what is technologically possible .I have to believe that being human has to be more than that. It might not be at conception but it will not be much further beyond that.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
MemphisAg1
AG
Bubblez said:

It's your own body
Negative. It's someone else's body that's being ripped to shreds.
combat wombat™
AG
Now, in practice, it would be difficult. I have an older, distant cousin whose wife died in the 1950s because she had diabetes and got pregnant. It was a very dangerous pregnancy for her, and she and the baby both died. Do you force a woman in her situation to carry a baby to term if it could kill her? I couldn't.
Bag
AG
combat wombat said:

Bubblez said:

It's your own body

how do you even have a conversation with some that believes this?
waitwhat?
Bag said:

waitwhat? said:

Go…
Ok, I will play, but first, YOU provide a justification FOR abortion in the first 15 weeks. New flash, You wont do it because your goal is to eliminate ALL abortion, not just late stage abortions. At least own it.

First, you didn't "play."

Second, the only justification I will give for abortion at all is a pregnancy that can't continue because of the risk to the mother or where the child has health issues that will lead to a brief, horrible life (think born and spends a day in pain dying).

Actually, I think it's unrealistic to ban all elective abortion, as unfortunate as that is. I have a pretty in depth, complicated view on abortion and your comment made it pretty clear you do not.

But thanks for playing.

TEXIT
pdc093
cisgenderedAggie said:

Bag said:

waitwhat? said:

Go…
Ok, I will play, but first, YOU provide a justification FOR abortion in the first 15 weeks. New flash, You wont do it because your goal is to eliminate ALL abortions, not just late stage abortions. At least own it.

Wut

+1
Not understanding your reply there, Bag.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Why don't we let all babies be born and then let them decide by age 18 if they want to murder themselves? Seems unfair that they don't get that choice.
AgResearch
AG
TefIon Don said:

If you actually had to set a point where it shouldn't be allowed past (I'm against abortion but I realize that an outright ban is never going to happen) I'd set it at the point where a fetus can experience pain, or becomes viable, whichever comes sooner. The earliest a fetus has ever been born as survived is 21w 5d, so I'd set the bar there, unless the fetus can experience pain sooner.
I got to listen to my first born's heartbeat at 6 weeks. That's life 100% but it's also life at conception. "Viability" is just a scapegoat for a total disregard for life.
cisgenderedAggie
pdc093 said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Bag said:

waitwhat? said:

Go…

Wut

+1
Not understanding your reply there, Bag.

He got his wires crossed. Thought it was a gun control argument.
combat wombat™
AG
My BIL would not be here today I'd my MIL had listened to her doctors. They wanted her to have an abortion. They were 100% wrong about him being born abnormal. It happens.
medwriter
combat wombat said:

Not abortion, per se, but I have pre-eclampsia during both of my pregnancies. The ONLY cure is to be delivered of the baby(ies). Eclampsia is life- threatening. In fact, my great-grandmother died of it 3 days after my grandfather was born. So, one reason would be if the mother has eclampsua/pre-eclampsia and the baby is not viable.

That said, I would deliver the baby and do the best to make it comfortable, not abort it. Dying while held in your mother's arm is probably better than dying by being aborted.
God bless you combat. I can feel the pain through your words.
Clob94
Justification for abortion after 15 weeks besides health reasons--- I'm assuming you mean the health of the mother-- or kid-- maybe both?

Rape. For sure. It's not fair to ask a woman to carry a living reminder of her trauma around for 9 months---- and then hope like hell that the kid doesn't grow up to be a criminal like the father.

Incest. No doubt. Of course that wrecks the entire British Royal family.

Trauma? Serious bodily injury? I guess that falls under health.

Diseases would as well fall under health.

So that's all I've got.
combat wombat™
AG
FTR, my babies were born prematurely but are all fine now. But it was scary at the time.
jjtrcka22
Bubblez said:

It's your own body
What about the body of the baby?
aggiehawg
AG
combat wombat said:

Bubblez said:

It's your own body

I'm sorry but what? You had children? And hate them?
combat wombat™
AG
Aggiehawg, I'm confused by your questions.

I have 3 children. I love them all. They are not, and have never been, a party of my body. They grew in and resided in a party of my body, but were separate from my body.
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

combat wombat said:

Bubblez said:

It's your own body

I'm sorry but what? You had children? And hate them?
yikes. read what she posted. again/
Jason C.
AG
combat wombat said:

My BIL would not be here today I'd my MIL had listened to her doctors. They wanted her to have an abortion. They were 100% wrong about him being born abnormal. It happens.

Same! 8 years ago they said one of ours had all these markers for Downs and sent us to "genetic counseling." We said to go F yourselves. Nothing wrong with the kid other than being raised by me.

Abortion is the devil. Can't wait for it to be illegal in all but the most insane states.
jjtrcka22
I'd rather abortions be done with altogether, but as one poster alluded to earlier, I doubt that will ever happen. What is the law on homicide for babies in the womb? If someone punched a pregnant woman in the stomach, and the baby died as a result, at what point in the woman's pregnancy would that person be charged for murder. Or, is it just assault no matter what as long as the baby is in the womb?

aggiehawg
AG
combat wombat said:

I have 3 children. I love them all. They are not, and have never been, a party of my body. They grew in and resided in a party of my body, but were separate from my body.
Uhmm, sorry, just confused. I could not have children because of cancer.

But what you posted there makes little sense to me. I don't understand.
combat wombat™
AG
Jason C. said:

combat wombat said:

Same! 8 years ago they said one of ours had all these markers for Downs and sent us to "genetic counseling." We said to go F yourselves. Nothing wrong with the kid other than being raised by me.

Abortion is the devil. Can't wait for it to be illegal in all but the most insane states.

We refused the test for down syndrome and other genetic abnormalities. It wouldn't have changed our choice with regard to the pregnancy. We weren't going to abort the baby if it had down syndrome.
combat wombat™
AG
aggiehawg said:

combat wombat said:

Uhmm, sorry, just confused. I could not have children because of cancer.

But what you posted there makes little sense to me. I don't understand.

Stupid phone autocorrected "part" to "party".

You really don't understand that the baby is not part of they mother's body?

I carried twin boys. I have never in my life had 3 heads, 6 legs, or 6 arms.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.