So the Michigan school shooter is being charged with murder AND terrorism.......

9,532 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by suburban cowboy
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

Their lawyer is saying they had left town to escape threats, but will be returning to face arraignment.
Then why was the BOLO issued? Their lawyer should have explained that when he was informed of the charges. They will give themselves up and make those arrangements?
I would suspect the DA jumped the gun, no pun intended. She seems to hell bent on going thermonuclear on them. Probably had it issued as soon as the indictments were issued.
More runaway prosecutors. Just peachy.
DA: "Gun ownership is a right, and with that right comes great responsibility."

WRT the parent's charges: "Under Michigan law, an involuntary manslaughter charge can be pursued if prosecutors believe someone contributed to a situation in which harm or death was high. If convicted, they could face up to 15 years in prison."
Scotty Appleton
74OA said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Okay, so I guess we can now look forward to regular prosecution of gang-banger mothers and their multiple sperm doners?
Only if their kids murder their high school classmates.

"During Friday's news conference, the top prosecutor in Oakland County said that a teacher had observed Ethan Crumbley searching ammunition on his cellphone and alerted school officials. The school tried to contact his mother but could not reach her.

McDonald told reporters that Jennifer Crumbley did not contact the school but instead texted her son: "Lol. I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."

Why only in that situation? Let's be consistent. If you raise a little monster and they go on to shoot up a school, a house party, a convenience store, etc it's all the same.
aggiehawg
AG
74OA said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

Their lawyer is saying they had left town to escape threats, but will be returning to face arraignment.
Then why was the BOLO issued? Their lawyer should have explained that when he was informed of the charges. They will give themselves up and make those arrangements?
I would suspect the DA jumped the gun, no pun intended. She seems to hell bent on going thermonuclear on them. Probably had it issued as soon as the indictments were issued.

WRT the parent's charges: "Under Michigan law, an involuntary manslaughter charge can be pursued if prosecutors believe someone contributed to a situation in which harm or death was high. If convicted, they could face up to 15 years in prison."
Please read the thread and to which post I was responding to. I have been jumped on a lot for dumb reasons the last few weeks but I never though you would ignore the context.
astros4545
AG
74OA said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

Gun seller and Gun Manufacturer getting 15 years as well, damn...Whole world gonna be in prison
Dan Scott
AG
If im the parents I go on the run. Their kid is toast and there is nothing they can do. Save yourselves! They probably in Canada
Pumpkinhead
AG
1) November 26th, father buys gun with son.
2) Same day, son posts on social media "Just got my new beauty today. SIG SAUER 9mm."
3) November 27th, mom posts on social media: "mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present."
4) November 29th, teacher at school notices son searching on his cell phone for ammunition. Teacher reports to school admin who attempt to reach the parents by calling them (left voicemail but no reply back from parents) and sending them an email (no reply back from parents).
5) Same day, mom sent son a text message as follows: "LOL I'm not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."
6) Next day, November 30th, teacher finds disturbing drawing, Parents are called to school. Parents are told to get their son some counseling. Parents fail to ask the son anything about the whereabouts of his gun and fail to check his belongings. Parents instead just leave school but without taking their son (son apparently has gun stashed in his backpack).
7) Son later that day shoots a bunch of people at the school.
8) Parents now charged with involuntary manslaughter and considered to be 'on the run' as I type. But a lawyer says they are planning to turn themselves in.

Note to anybody on this board who decides to buy their teenager a gun. If over the next few days, he's doing stuff like getting caught searching online for ammunition at school and getting you called into the principal's office for disturbing drawing(s), and there is indication you laughed off or turned a blind eye to the situation. And your child then shoots a bunch of people with the gun. Well...get ready to bend over and get criminally charged.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Okay I'm gonna get blasted for this but i dont care...

I dont know what "normal" sanity looks like for the average high school student, but if i put myself in place of a kid who is being bullied every day and no one helps him-i have no idea what that kid is gonna do. I have no idea if he has been assaulted every day, but lets just say he has.

At some point the kid is going to boil over.

Who knows the result of that..heres a guess:

Suicide
Runs away
Attempt to punish the bullies and in turn you have collateral damage

None of it is good.

Most of the time i imagine they likely just kill themselves.

Yes the parents shouldn't have purchased a gun for him. But lets be honest, if the kid was at the point where he wanted to off somebody.... nobody was listening to him and nobody seemed to care.

The school is responsible
The parents of the shooter are responsible
The parents of the bullies are responsible
The shooter is responsible
The bullies are responsible

All the above deserve criminal punishment.

I see lots of media saying all kinds of crap... likely none of it factual.

My guess is the kid got bullied and took it out on some of the right and wrong people. But at that point it was all wrong. However, speaking as someone who has never been a bully (6'5, 270) all bullies deserve to get karma because torturing another kid to the point where they want to kill someone is their own fault. Sorry i have no sympathy for the bullies if they get shot and die for this.

TRADUCTOR
Parents that suck enough to be wrapped up in their kids criminal charges may still be aware of the obvious volatile political climate railroading by the justice system.
BuddysBud
AG
It seems that the DA is stretching a bit. If charging the kid as an adult, the DA is saying that he is responsible for his own actions.

Charging the parents seems to indicate that they are responsible for their child's actions, in which case they should not have charged the kid as an adult.

My first impression is that it seems like the DA is being a little over zealous by charging both the boy as an adult and his parents.

The kid obviously did a horrible thing by murdering classmates, and the parents might not have used the best judgement. However, how often do parents not know how their child actually behaves in school or are in denial when their child is accused of bad behavior?

If the kid showed the gun to another student who didn't report anything, will the DA bring charges against that student? Isn't the school administration just as negligent as the parents by keeping him in school? Why aren't they being charged?

If the parents took their son to a gun range where an instructor helped him learn how to use the gun, instead of his mother giving lessons, would the instructor also have committed a crime?
jopatura
AG
I would think it's similar to someone who provides a minor alcohol getting charged when they kill someone while driving drunk.

I might feel differently if he straight up stole the gun, or broke into a gun safe without the parents knowing, or murdered them first… but the parents clearly knew that he had access to a weapon that they purchased that they were continuing to hide from the school even after the gun drawings showed up.

Plus I'm not entirely convinced that they didn't have more then a gut feeling what was about to go down. I don't think they necessarily sat around the dinner table making plans as a family, but the mom was resistant to the school interfering with her child, he was having major issues at school, and I would think they bought him the gun because he's been asking for one. They also seem like the type to encourage fighting back, which coupled with giving your kid free access to a gun seems ill-advised.
Rapier108
Parents were arrested in Detroit according to local media.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/oakland-county-fugitive-team-searching-for-parents-of-suspected-oxford-high-school-shooter-after-charges-filed-against-them

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/12/04/parents-of-suspected-oxford-high-school-shooter-in-custody-after-manhunt-on-detroits-east-side-sources-say/
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AlaskanAg99
AG
This whole story is going down the ****ter fast. This won't turn out well for them, nor do I care. ****'em.
No Spin Ag
Old_Ag_91 said:

Okay I'm gonna get blasted for this but i dont care...

I dont know what "normal" sanity looks like for the average high school student, but if i put myself in place of a kid who is being bullied every day and no one helps him-i have no idea what that kid is gonna do. I have no idea if he has been assaulted every day, but lets just say he has.

At some point the kid is going to boil over.

Who knows the result of that..heres a guess:

Suicide
Runs away
Attempt to punish the bullies and in turn you have collateral damage

None of it is good.

Most of the time i imagine they likely just kill themselves.

Yes the parents shouldn't have purchased a gun for him. But lets be honest, if the kid was at the point where he wanted to off somebody.... nobody was listening to him and nobody seemed to care.

The school is responsible
The parents of the shooter are responsible
The parents of the bullies are responsible
The shooter is responsible
The bullies are responsible

All the above deserve criminal punishment.

I see lots of media saying all kinds of crap... likely none of it factual.

My guess is the kid got bullied and took it out on some of the right and wrong people. But at that point it was all wrong. However, speaking as someone who has never been a bully (6'5, 270) all bullies deserve to get karma because torturing another kid to the point where they want to kill someone is their own fault. Sorry i have no sympathy for the bullies if they get shot and die for this.

"Thou shall not kill" comes to mind. Luke 18:20.

Then again, maybe they're not Christians and don't follow the teachings of Christ.
No Spin Ag
AlaskanAg99 said:

This whole story is going down the ****ter fast. This won't turn out well for them, nor do I care. ****'em.

By doing this, they did make it a whole lot harder for people to be sympathetic to them, much less try and defend them.
GeorgiAg
AG
Jeremy's falling
Pumpkinhead
AG
No Spin Ag said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

By doing this, they did make it a whole lot harder for people to be sympathetic to them, much less try and defend them.
Turning off your cell phones, withdrawing 4K from your ATM, and then the cops having to find you with K-9 dogs based on a 911 tip hiding in a warehouse is neither a) going to help you get released on bail or b) defend your case in court.
BuddysBud
AG
We need to wait for more information.
A leftist DA being overzealous, which is basically the story of the defense attorney, vs crazy parents who knowingly played a major role on in a school shooting?

Let's see what comes out.

There have been many cases in Houston where an accused murder negotiates his surrender through a lawyer or an activist. According to the parent's attorney, the DA decided to hold a press conference and call in the feds when the defense attorney tried to negotiate a safe way for his clients to turn themselves in.

Four years ago I would have believed the DA more than the defense attorney. Today liberal DA have done a lot to lose trust in their honestly and ethics.
Anonymous Source
S
BuddysBud said:

A leftist DA being overzealous, which is basically the story of the defense attorney, vs crazy parents who knowingly played a major role on in a school shooting?

There have been many cases in Houston where an accused murder negotiates his surrender through a lawyer or an activist. According to the parent's attorney, the DA decided to hold a press conference and call in the feds when the defense attorney tried to negotiate a safe way for his clients to turn themselves in.

Four years ago I would have believed the DA more than the defense attorney. Today liberal DA have done a lot to lose trust in their honestly and ethics.

How many times when a lawyer was trying to negotiate a peaceful surrender has the accused been found hiding in a warehouse over an hour away, and nearly 24 hours after they were supposed to appear?

There's nothing more to see here. They were running.
Gig 'Em
Dan Scott
AG
I get what you're saying. I feel bad for the kid. Something was seriously effed up to make him do this and I have no sympathy for bullies except if they killed. I'd rather the kid beat the crap out of them and then her a hero. At some point he had been victimized, but by fighting back the way he did and shooting up the school, the people or system he had a real grievance against are now the victims and he's not. It's possible some ******bag bully is now a victim.
Dan Scott
AG
Yep that's why I'm on the side of the parents. I could believe there was a peaceful surrender and then Friday morning they are blindsided by a press conference to announce charges when law enforcement wasn't notified. The prosecutor going on Anderson Cooper the night before and Anderson prying details from her after she kept saying she can't discussed and making a strong accusations also freaked them out.
BuddysBud
AG
Anonymous Source said:

BuddysBud said:

How many times when a lawyer was trying to negotiate a peaceful surrender has the accused been found hiding in a warehouse over an hour away, and nearly 24 hours after they were supposed to appear?

Or they were afraid because we no longer have a system of equal justice in this country.

Have the parents of a school shooter been charged as an accessory before?

I am waiting to see what happens, but I don't trust the motives of a leftist DA because today's leftist DA's are for political prosecution rather than justice.

Perhaps the parents were running or perhaps they were hiding from a corrupt system that allowed their son to get bullied beyond his breaking point and a political hack DA wants to bully them as an example to other gun owners.

I don't know which is the case, and we might never know from our inept "news" organizations.
BuddysBud
AG
Anonymous Source said:

BuddysBud said:

Usually they allow the accused to peacefully surrender rather than call in the feds. This smells bad overall.
Bondag
AG
Why do all the tweets use a picture that is 2-3 years old?
mjschiller
AG
Oxford shooter is white, Wisconsin shooter is black. Black killers are never terrorists. Wisconsin killer was a muslim.
Marvin J. Schiller
suburban cowboy
AG
I don't love the talking point that people are running with about how the kid got "caught" looking at ammo on his phone. Absolutely nothing wrong with that until you add in the context that he was drawing ****ed up things and god only knows what else was on his phone.

Some other hack on fox just mentioned toxic masculinity contributing to these events. Already spinning the hell out of this one because it's a troubled white kid with ****ty white parents.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.