Fox News vs CNN

5,011 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faustus
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both have issues.

Fox is still caring headlines of the young man that got pissed at his girlfriend and killed her and then killed himself.

CNN is still chasing ratings with anything Trump,

I miss local newspapers.

Aggie4Life02
AG
Turn off the news. Your life will be so much better.
itsyourboypookie
You can still buy a local newspaper
aggiedata
AG
Stop watching corporate media. Free your mind.

Unfortunately many are addicted.
Showertime at the Bidens
Steven Crowder had a good bit on this yesterday. When he was trying to sell his show no one at Fox News thought it would work. Not even the change my mind segments that have become iconic. They literally thought Their audience was all Trump loving hillbillies over the age of 60.

They are corporate grifters nothing more.

PA24
AG
I get all my information from my IPAd, no TVs in my house.

I expect adult news from Fox, but I get trash, same with the other MSM outfits.

The 50 year olds are in charge of corporate America, don't blame this crap on the boomers.

These idiots have sold themselves out.
Muy
AG
We yelling at clouds here or what?
agsalaska
AG
Both are total garbage akin to the National Enquirer of the 80s. Outside of election night and Afghanistan I dont think I have turned either on for more than 10 minutes in several years. Their websites are even worse.
agsalaska
AG
Muy said:

Yes
My Name Is Judge
Both stations are liberal garbage… Fox tries to trick people, but rest assured the network is liberal scum

Download the newsmax app & watch real news for free

Thank me later
aggiedata
AG
It's the boomers that watch it. Try turning off Fox at my in-laws or parents in their 70s/80s and watch his long it takes for them to turn it back on. Fox will play "Breaking News"about every hour. They will stop eating to run over to the TV.
agsalaska
AG
aggiedata said:

It's the boomers that watch it. Try turning off Fox at my in-laws or parents in their 70s/80s and watch his long it takes for them to turn it back on. Fox will play "Breaking News"about every hour. They will stop eating to run over to the TV.

I had a relative who died about four years ago now that watched and listened to Fox News for a minimum 12 hours a day. He lived pretty isolated on a farm and would turn it on even in his tractor. When he bought his last tractor a few years before he died speakers and radio were as important to him as anything else. It was insane.

And he was half deaf so he blasted it wherever he was.

He did survive to see Hillary lose which was fun but died the next summer. I could only imagine how insane he would be today if he had lived. He would make this board normal.
PA24
AG
will25u
Secolobo
AG
newspapers? lol
Muy
AG
agsalaska said:

Muy said:

Yes

Cool, just checking
Gigem314
AG
aggiedata said:

Boomers like my parents have already ditched Fox for Newsmax.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Just watch QuiteFrankly.tv weekdays at 6pm Live or catch the recordings everywhere but Youtube.
It is much more enjoyable.
Troglodyte
AG
PA24 said:

Both have issues.

Fox is still caring headlines of the young man that got pissed at his girlfriend and killed her and then killed himself.

I miss local newspapers.

I stopped watching all "national" news sometime during the pandemic. Life is way better without it.

I still get the Dallas Morning News delivered daily. It's not a whole lot better, but I can't live without the daily Sudoku puzzle.

#BOOMER!!
AGHouston11
AG
Secolobo said:

newspapers? lol

Like the Chronicle or Washington Post .......

No Spin Ag
Aggie4Life02 said:

This to the Nth.
PA24
AG
Troglodyte said:

PA24 said:

Both have issues.

I miss local newspapers.

I stopped watching all "national" news sometime during the pandemic. Life is way better without it.

I still get the Dallas Morning News delivered daily. It's not a whole lot better, but I can't live without the daily Sudoku puzzle.

#BOOMER!!
Back in the day, read the DMN daily. Skip Bayless was always ragging on Tom Landry and Danny White. Learned to really dislike him.

Got my dream job that I retired from outta their classifieds.

The Collective
AG
aggiedata said:

My parents watch the news a lot too. I don't understand why they do it to themselves.
oh no
AG
Just do what everyone else does: follow only people you agree with on twitter and receive only your side of the news in increments of only 280 or fewer characters at a time. Everyone is on one of two teams and everyone thinks they are informed and righteous while the other team is misinformed and evil. It's working out swimmingly, especially for the elitists in power and the tech platform monopolies.
vansprinkle
AG
Bidens leg hairs said:

Steven Crowder had a good bit on this yesterday. When he was trying to sell his show no one at Fox News thought it would work. Not even the change my mind segments that have become iconic. They literally thought Their audience was all Trump loving hillbillies over the age of 60.

They weren't really wrong. Their whole audience is 60+. I can't conceive why they wouldn't want to expand to the 18-60 year old crowd. Maybe then they'd have to negotiate new advertising deals with someone other than drug or reverse mortgage companies.
riverrataggie
AG
vansprinkle said:

Bidens leg hairs said:

They weren't really wrong. Their whole audience is 60+. I can't conceive why they wouldn't want to expand to the 18-60 year old crowd. Maybe then they'd have to negotiate new advertising deals with someone other than drug or reverse mortgage companies.

I've got Dye-ah-bee-tus are the best though.
PatriotAg02
AG
Tim Pool is good
Signel
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Tim Pool is good
He is overly clickbait and often tries to pretend to not be jadeded, I can't blame him, but it doesn't show objectivity.

agsalaska
AG
While most of the MSM are obvious partisans, It is pretty easy to find good political commentary from smart people across all spectrums. Substack, Atlantic, National Review, etc. all have good writers(and bad).

Whats hard is finding actual news. Just the news without a political slant is almost gone.
Bridgewateraggies
The news outlets used to report the news, now they make it. Tune out
medwriter
Aggie4Life02 said:

I can't, at least not all news. I am a news junkie and have to at least keep tabs on what is going on around me. There is local news, and I indulge heartily in that. But local carries over into state, state into regional, regional into national, and national into international. They are all intertwined. I feel that if I turn off the news, it is akin to burying my head in the sand.

And when I think "turn off the news," I am assuming you mean no reading, listening, or watching. I can deal with the not watching part, but I have to listen and read.

What's the saying.. "Ignorance is bliss?" BTW, I'm not accusing you of that Aggie4Life. Even if you did, that's your own business and supposedly, it's a free country? Sometimes I wish that I was blissfully ignorant. Some might call me stupid, but I'm not ignorant.
medwriter
Muy said:

I've been yelling at clouds for at least fifteen years Muy!
Aggie4Life02
AG
medwriter said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

I can't, at least not all news. I am a news junkie and have to at least keep tabs on what is going on around me. There is local news, and I indulge heartily in that. But local carries over into state, state into regional, regional into national, and national into international. They are all intertwined. I feel that if I turn off the news, it is akin to burying my head in the sand.

And when I think "turn off the news," I am assuming you mean no reading, listening, or watching. I can deal with the not watching part, but I have to listen and read.

What's the saying.. "Ignorance is bliss?" BTW, I'm not accusing you of that Aggie4Life. Even if you did, that's your own business and supposedly, it's a free country? Sometimes I wish that I was blissfully ignorant. Some might call me stupid, but I'm not ignorant.

Breitbart, Citizen Free Press, and the Bonging Report should be all you need.
medwriter
Aggie4Life02 said:

medwriter said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

Breitbart, Citizen Free Press, and the Bonging Report should be all you need.
Thank you for that information. I can assure you that I'll make good use of it buddy.
APHIS AG
itsyourboypookie said:

You can still buy a local newspaper
And that is also not worth the paper it is printed on.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.