Media Forced To Correct Their Reporting On Chappelle Netflix Walkout

2,931 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Burdizzo
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

The liberal media went apoplectic every time Donald Trump called them "fake news." And yet, they keep proving him right. The latest example comes from the Associated Press and Variety magazine.

They were covering the ongoing saga of the showdown between Netflix's management and their LGBTQ staff and suporters over comedian Dave Chappelle's latest special, in which he asserted things like "gender is a fact" and that the LGBTQ community considers itself beyond criticism or being targeted by jokes.

Dozens of Netflix employees staged a walkout in protest. They were greeted by Vito Gesualdi, a Chappelle supporter.

As the mob got in his face and snatched and destroyed a sign he was carrying, Gesualdi yelled, "I'm just here to say that jokes are funny, people! Dave Chappelle is a funny guy! I love Dave! I don't know why all the violence! I don't know why all the hate! I just love Dave Chappelle! Dave Chappelle! Wooo!"

An AP photographer was in the middle of the protest and took a photo of Gesualdi's confrontation with the "peaceful" protesters, which the AP published, that claimed, "Comedian and videographer Vito Gesualdi screams profanities as he engages with peaceful protesters begging him to leave."

As it turned out, it was proven from video that Gesualdi did not utter a profanity.

The AP subsequently ran a correction, saying that it removed the "reference to Gesualdi using profanities, which he did not do at the moment the image was made. Also removes reference to protesters being peaceful because one protester destroyed his sign."

Gesualdi also noted that a friend who accompanied him later went to a hospital for a CT scan after the mob forced him to hit his head on a concrete planter.

For its part, Variety had to correct a tweet it made pinning Gesualdi as the aggressor in the confrontation.

"The photo attached to an earlier version of the above tweet did not accurately illustrate the reporting from our story. We apologize for any confusion," Variety said.

https://www.tampafp.com/liberal-media-outlets-forced-to-correct-their-reporting-on-chappelle-netflix-walkout/

Fenrir
Media needs to be sued into bankruptcy.
DD88
AG
Someone has said that the Chinese people don't watch the news because they know that it's just propaganda.

More and more Americans are catching on that that is the same case here.
Ernest Tucker
AG
captkirk said:

Quote:

The liberal media went apoplectic every time Donald Trump called them "fake news." And yet, they keep proving him right. The latest example comes from the Associated Press and Variety magazine.

They were covering the ongoing saga of the showdown between Netflix's management and their LGBTQ staff and suporters over comedian Dave Chappelle's latest special, in which he asserted things like "gender is a fact" and that the LGBTQ community considers itself beyond criticism or being targeted by jokes.

Dozens of Netflix employees staged a walkout in protest. They were greeted by Vito Gesualdi, a Chappelle supporter.

As the mob got in his face and snatched and destroyed a sign he was carrying, Gesualdi yelled, "I'm just here to say that jokes are funny, people! Dave Chappelle is a funny guy! I love Dave! I don't know why all the violence! I don't know why all the hate! I just love Dave Chappelle! Dave Chappelle! Wooo!"

An AP photographer was in the middle of the protest and took a photo of Gesualdi's confrontation with the "peaceful" protesters, which the AP published, that claimed, "Comedian and videographer Vito Gesualdi screams profanities as he engages with peaceful protesters begging him to leave."

As it turned out, it was proven from video that Gesualdi did not utter a profanity.

The AP subsequently ran a correction, saying that it removed the "reference to Gesualdi using profanities, which he did not do at the moment the image was made. Also removes reference to protesters being peaceful because one protester destroyed his sign."

Gesualdi also noted that a friend who accompanied him later went to a hospital for a CT scan after the mob forced him to hit his head on a concrete planter.

For its part, Variety had to correct a tweet it made pinning Gesualdi as the aggressor in the confrontation.

"The photo attached to an earlier version of the above tweet did not accurately illustrate the reporting from our story. We apologize for any confusion," Variety said.

https://www.tampafp.com/liberal-media-outlets-forced-to-correct-their-reporting-on-chappelle-netflix-walkout/

The exact opposite was true. Lady in front of his face yelling "M'effer" over and over as they push him back. But the media will completely lie about the incident. Liberals, this may be your side, and you may have the power, but you should be terrified at what your party has become and what you support. Shameful
Maroon Dawn
AG
Media outright lying to make The Protected Class look falsely innocent and The Scapegoat Class look falsely guilty
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Liberals are all psychotic sex-confused b$tches.

Prove me wrong.
JR Ewing
AG
Not to condone violence, but that woman getting up in his personal space is violating his rights. He should have backed them off of them since they were threatening him. The crazy woman shaking something in his face and cursing deserved to be knocked out...metaphorically speaking...
Ciboag96
Absolute textbook gaslighting.

Making the innocent protestor out to be violent, while being violent and acting innocent.

Need to hit dem hermaphrodites in the head with a biology textbook
Iowaggie
AG
2 things I find so funny in that video.

1. They steal his sign and bust it, and immediately after handing it back to him yell, "He's got a weapon!"
2. Tamborine lady(?) singing the super catchy song, "REPENT MF'er!" right in his face. Been singing that song since last Wednesday.
Aggie Spirit
AG
Sandmann
WestTexasAg
AG
Props to that dude there peacefully supporting Dave. That was great!
EskimoJoe
Maroon Dawn said:

Media outright lying to make The Protected Class look falsely innocent and The Scapegoat Class look falsely guilty

I'm stealing this.
deddog
AG
Fenrir said:

Media needs to be sued into bankruptcy.
Helicopter rides would be more appropriate.

There was a time, where i used to wonder why journalists in 3rd world countries were targeted by uprisings/insurgencies. It all makes sense now.
Naveronski
AG
This is insane.

Screaming tambourine lady and her friend "arms up" lady probably also have a part time job as Facebook " independent fact checkers".
Burdizzo
AG
DD88 said:

Someone has said that the Chinese people don't watch the news because they know that it's just propaganda.

More and more Americans are catching on that that is the same case here.

I watch the local news to get the weather forecast and get am idea what our stupid politicians are talking about. Usually I take it with a grain of salt. Pretty much avoid all national news because it is so biased
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.