Chicago Museum: Go Woke!

2,305 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jadedhamster
Krazykat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daily Mail: White volunteers were fired at Chicago museum, people of color hired to do same job.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10123557/White-volunteers-fired-Chicago-museum-people-color-hired-job.html

DrEvazanPhD
Know your place, honky!
VarkAg77
AG
They really should file a discrimination lawsuit.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Rich white liberals who probably agree they deserved it
txislandag86
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3240502
AggDogg61
So probably not a chance to open a Crackle Barrel there.
policywonk98
AG
How do you replace wealthy old ladies who live near the museum and are volunteering to this and take pride in what they do because they love art with people that will have to travel from further away and are being recruited to do something because of the color of their skin and no necessarily their love of art and the history of this museum?

Not saying old black ladies don't love art. Many do, I know. But this is truly a bizarre situation of looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

This is very sad to me. This is probably the art museum I've visited the most in my life. The Docents are truly an amazing part of the overall experience. I dont really care what color they are. But I do care that each one is there because they are passionate about maintaining the overall experience of visitors that are visiting one of the best art museums in the world.
annie88
AG
VarkAg77 said:

They really should file a discrimination lawsuit.
They should. Could you imagine if they fired all people of color and hired all white people.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Jadedhamster
AG
Volunteers. Unpaid. Volunteers. They scrapped the program that provided unpaid labor because it was too wealthy and too white. They want more poor people and racial diversity among the unpaid labor. There weren't enough unpaid poor blacks serving museum patrons, so gotta get rid of it! Is The Equity Project a front for the klan?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.