A surprising reason many businesses don't have covid vaccine mandates

1,785 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Maroon Dawn
Gigemags382
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait for it . . . Companies may lose workers! No duh.

We're a country of fools.

"There's a surprising connection to the labor shortage"

Good grief.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-surprising-reason-many-businesses-dont-have-covid-vaccine-mandates-172620721.html

Quote:

The Biden administration wants every large business to require Covid vaccinations for their workers. A federal rule could make that mandatory by next year. Some big companies, such as Goldman Sachs and United Airlines, aren't waiting, with vaccine requirements in place now for all workers or those who enter a company work site.

But many companies don't require their workers to get vaccinatedand there's a surprising connection to the labor shortage that's making it very hard for many companies to find workers. At the recent Milken Institute Global Conference, I moderated a panel discussion on the evolving workplace with five business leaders in different fields. I asked each whether their companies require employees to get a Covid vaccine. None of them do.

The main reason is that some employees would probably leave if forced to get vaccinated, and the labor shortage might make it difficult or impossible to replace them. "If you require vaccination, I think we could lose 10%, 20% of the work force," Scott Myers, CEO of packaging firm Advanced Converting Works, said during the panel discussion. "It's a huge percentage. When you look at manufacturing, there are other opportunities out there."

mazag08
AG
It's what plants crave!
zephyr88
AG
Our company is less than 100 employees, so Joe's mandates don't apply. Our owner asked the leadership group to expound on whether or not we should have a mandate. It was discussed and the collective response was 'NO'. Freedom of choice was the basis of the decision.
ChemEAg08
AG
My much larger than 100 people company has been oddly quiet on it (usually historically safe obsessed, so I thought they would have implemented it by now). Praying they don't orbit gets overturned.
XXXVII
Unexpectedly!
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
fixer
Many businesses are waiting for the OSHA thing to be in place with ink dry, then the hammer will come down.

Maroon Dawn
AG
Brought to you by the same administration that demands you believe inflation and unemployment are great signs of a recovering economy and that 2+2=5 and if you don't agree it's Thought Crime
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.