White property owner kills Moroccan man in Martindale,Tx

9,239 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxTarpon
The Fall Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the White man's property. This story is interesting. Moroccan man who was a Muslim trespassed on man's property. White man took him out but now is being charged with murder.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/martindale-shooting-caldwell-county-arrest/269-b3dc5bc4-3b5b-4ad2-a131-71bf32778ec2
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Should be interesting on who is telling the truth

I'll wait 48 hours
UTExan
Why are you capitalizing the W in white?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I know when I'm lost in the middle of the night, the first thing I always do is pull into a strangers driveway,
next to their parked truck, and turn the headlights off.

Only logical.
Scotty Appleton
I know I have never pulled into a stranger's driveway and parked to check directions. That's what the side of the street is for.
Old Army Ghost
when a strange car pulls into my drive shooting seems only reasonabke
erudite
Old Army Ghost said:

Considering it is at night, the only thing that they might nail him on was the fact he stated he "chased" after the vehicle. Bolded emphasis mine.
Quote:

The affidavit stated that the vehicle "began to rapidly accelerate in reverse" and Turner chased after it. The affidavit stated that Turner struck the driver's side front door twice with the handgun, fired the handgun, then returned to his house to call 911.

During the 911 call with the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office, Turner said "I just killed a guy," "tried to pull a gun on me, I shot," and "he started racing away and I ran after him ... he pointed a gun at me and I shot." No firearms were located inside of the vehicle or in possession of Dghoughi, according to the affidavit.

Don't talk to the police, folks.
PneumAg
After reading that whole article, sounds like a good charge. The only possible "suspicious" part of that is the guy turning off his headlights. He started leaving when the guy came outside. You can just shoot people as they're driving away having done nothing. It sounds like he also lied about the guy having a gun.
DrEvazanPhD
Getting to the point where, if you're white and male, you're guilty until proven innocent
Proc92
DrEvazanPhD said:

Getting to the point where, if you're white and male, you're guilty until proven innocent
I'm not exactly seeing that play out here.
erudite
PneumAg said:

After reading that whole article, sounds like a good charge. The only possible "suspicious" part of that is the guy turning off his headlights. He started leaving when the guy came outside. You can just shoot people as they're driving away having done nothing. It sounds like he also lied about the guy having a gun.
He may have mistook something for the "gun". How reasonable that is to the jury depends on what other objects are in the vehicle.
If someone came up to my vehicle at night, turned off their lights, I'd be pretty worried about theft. Still, the chasing after him was not the brightest look for the jury, especially when you admit it yourself.

Don't talk to the police.
hbtheduce
AG
Need more information to make a judgement either way.
agz win
AG
You don't chase under those circumstances. Stupid.
PneumAg
erudite said:

PneumAg said:

He may have mistook something for the "gun". How reasonable that is to the jury depends on what other objects are in the vehicle.
If someone came up to my vehicle at night, turned off their lights, I'd be pretty worried about theft. Still, the chasing after him was not the brightest look for the jury, especially when you admit it yourself.

I'm a trial lawyer. I've talked to a lot of juries. Good luck convincing one that you reasonably feared for your life when you were running after the car and beating on it.
doubledog
Come on man, he just pulled into the drive to admire the rims on the home owner's truck...
Marcus Brutus
agz win said:

Do you know that you can chase and use lethal force in Texas if you've been robbed?

Maybe this guy believed he had been robbed. He said he believed the guy pulled a gun.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
PneumAg said:

erudite said:

PneumAg said:

I'm a trial lawyer. I've talked to a lot of juries. Good luck convincing one that you reasonably feared for your life when you were running after the car and beating on it.

Noted. Don't talk to this lawyer either.
Layne Staley
AG
It was a very sympathetic interview till the end. I watched it on the local station here yesterday. Then at the end she called for "Gun Control" so this doesn't happen again.

Law enforcement will get this figured out. Politics should stay out of this.
BMX Bandit
CCP Joe Veggie said:

agz win said:

Do you know that you can chase and use lethal force in Texas if you've been robbed?

Maybe this guy believed he had been robbed. He said he believed the guy pulled a gun.

He probably should have mentioned that to police
Marcus Brutus
BMX Bandit said:

CCP Joe Veggie said:

agz win said:

He probably should have mentioned that to police

I havnt seen the police report yet.
TRX
AG
UTExan said:

Why are you capitalizing the W in white?

Why do some people capitalize the b in black?

If one is ok then so is the other.
FJB
Not a Bot
AG
The man saw the car in the driveway, went to get his gun, went outside to confront him instead of staying inside his house where he was logically be much safer. Apparently told the police he chased after the car after it was already in reverse and trying to leave the scene.

Both factors are going to weigh heavy on a jury. Difficult to claim self defense.
Dan Scott
AG
That guy is dumb
zephyr88
AG
Lots of incomplete reporting on this one.

Invoking 48-hour rule.
zephyr88
AG
He was lost and parked in someone's driveway at 3:40AM?
Scotty Appleton
Dan Scott said:

That guy is dumb

Which one?
zephyr88
AG
The Fall Guy said:

On the White man's property. This story is interesting. Moroccan man who was a Muslim trespassed on man's property [parked in his driveway in the middle of the night]. White man took him out but now is being charged with murder.
You write for the liberal media often?

Pretty sure in the dark of the night, the property owner didn't ask to see his papers.
Old Army Ghost
erudite said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Considering it is at night, the only thing that they might nail him on was the fact he stated he "chased" after the vehicle. Bolded emphasis mine.
Quote:

The affidavit stated that the vehicle "began to rapidly accelerate in reverse" and Turner chased after it. The affidavit stated that Turner struck the driver's side front door twice with the handgun, fired the handgun, then returned to his house to call 911.

During the 911 call with the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office, Turner said "I just killed a guy," "tried to pull a gun on me, I shot," and "he started racing away and I ran after him ... he pointed a gun at me and I shot." No firearms were located inside of the vehicle or in possession of Dghoughi, according to the affidavit.

Don't talk to the police, folks.
and dony shoot people who arent a threat
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
If they aren't in your house, it's just stuff. Call the cops and save yourself the headache and possibility of killing someone.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Details on the property would help. Is the driveway 20' long from road to house or a 1/4 mile?
Old Army Ghost
CCP Joe Veggie said:

agz win said:

i dont know he didnt say anything about that

just said the guy had a gun
Fat Black Swan
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Details on the property would help. Is the driveway 20' long from road to house or a 1/4 mile?

It looks like the driveway is right off an interior street a couple of turns into a rural subdivision.
Scotty Appleton
Not sure why the driveway details are important. Again, you don't pull into a strangers driveway and sit there in the middle of day or night. Without more details it seems both of these guys were idiots.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Because I would suspect everyone on this thread has turned around in someone's driveway in a neighborhood before. Not under the same circumstance as this (middle of night and headlights off), which is sketchy to say the least, but in an urban or suburban setting this is less suspicious. Not making a claim the driver didn't have criminal intents because of the location. However, if it was out in the country and your house is far removed from the road, and there's a stranger's car right next to your home with its headlights off that means nothing but bad intentions in my mind.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If a person pulled into my driveway and turned their headlights off, I'd probably be pretty wary. That being said, shooting them as they are pulling out of the driveway seems pretty vindictive.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.