The power of dads, your Saturday feel good story....

4,997 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by stetson
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?

OXDL45
AG
Awesome.
Joe Boudain
There is a crisis of masculinity in the black family and I'm proud to see these men doing something about it
Tanya 93
Saw that yesterday on FB

Love it
Dad-O-Lot
AG
That was awesome! Thanks for posting it.
Tanya 93
Joe Boudain said:

There is a crisis of masculinity in the black family and I'm proud to see these men doing something about it
The line "or even a male in their life" killed me
RAB91
Tanya 93 said:

Joe Boudain said:

The line "or even a male in their life" killed me
Me too.... that's why coaches/uncles/etc can play an important role for those kids without fathers at home.
fc2112
Such a great story. If there is going to be something done about these crises in the black community, it's gonna be the black community that fixes it.
LOYAL AG
AG
That's fantastic. Best story I've seen in a long time. Feminism has hurt America in a lot of ways with marginalizing the role of men in the lives of children at or near the top of the list. It's great to see these men step up and seek to be the change they want to see in their community.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
sleepybeagle
AG
It's not just humans... it's elephants too.

Amazing story of delinquent young elephants

Quote:

"There are no adult bulls around to keep them in check," Stuart-Hill said. "So they're highly aggressive and are testing their strength on other animals."

No dads... no stability
Picard
AG
There is hope

LOYAL AG
AG
fc2112 said:

Such a great story. If there is going to be something done about these crises in the black community, it's gonna be the black community that fixes it.
I think we're seeing it here. You gotta realize that this crisis started with the Democrat created welfare state in 65 and accelerated with the removal of the gold standard in 71. That gave rise to the "baby daddy" phenomenon and three generations later this is the result. Now we're starting to see black men retake what's been taken from them which is their homes and families and stories like this are the proof. It won't change overnight but it's starting.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
PeekingDuck
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Outstanding! Thank you
ClassicAg18
AG
What a great idea, I hope this goes nationwide. Thanks for sharing
pdc093
God Bless them.
They're making a difference.
Thank you for posting it, RAB.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
neAGle96
AG
sleepybeagle said:

It's not just humans... it's elephants too.

Amazing story of delinquent young elephants

Quote:

"There are no adult bulls around to keep them in check," Stuart-Hill said. "So they're highly aggressive and are testing their strength on other animals."

No dads... no stability

I was about to post about the elephants. I saw that on tv about 10 years ago, where the juvenile male elephants were unruly and killing rinos and other animals until some adult male elephants were introduced to the pack and the juvenile males destructive behavior ceased immediately
BrazosDog02
AG
There is a reason the nuclear family exists. It is not by chance or for giggles. It exists and has existed in the past because it works. It is not a one-sided thing.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Great story.

The value of Men/father has diminished greatly over the past 60 years as the goal of feminism has become more on attack men rather than equality for women.

Back to these dads... Bless their hearts they're doing what theyre doing. But don't they work... and the BMI... Really, bless their hearts.
maroonblood
AG
Great story. Love this!
jnathan10
AG
Fantastic!

Even Obama understood the critical role fathers play in a 2008 speech on Father's Day:

"Of all the rocks upon which we build our lives, we are reminded today that family is the most important. And we are called to recognize and honor how critical every father is to that foundation. They are teachers and coaches. They are mentors and role models. They are examples of success and the men who constantly push us toward it.
But if we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that what too many fathers also are is missingmissing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.
You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubleddoubledsince we were children. We know the statisticsthat children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime, nine times more likely to drop out of schools, and twenty times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems or run away from home or become teenage parents themselves. And the foundations of our community are weaker because of it."

Candace Owens does a great job summing up what LBJ's Great Society programs started in destroying the nuclear family and keeping people reliant on government welfare (and voting a certain way):

"What is more, the tendency of black children raised in fatherless homes to perpetuate the environments into which they were born puts continued pressure on the government to support future generations of fatherless offspring.
In the generations since the implementation of Johnson's Great Society, the epidemic of fatherless homes has produced a modernized, black family dynamic that functions nothing like the model sought by early-twentieth-century blacks. The results have been exactly as dramatic as Johnson and his Democrat cronies could have dreamed. When we consider where black America is today versus before the initiation of the Great Society reforms, it's suddenly much easier to reconcile LBJ's racism. What better way to connive an entire ethnic group into believing that you are for them than through the enactment of pieces of legislation that will guarantee their votes for the next "two hundred years"? LBJ, arguably one of the greatest "politicians" of twentieth-century America, both convinced black America that he was their greatest savior and ensured that they would forever be in need of saving. Black America was both freed and enslaved again within one presidency."
UTExan
Joe Boudain said:

Not to mention a couple of dads are as wide as the doors through which kids would try to escape.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Sully Dog
It's like someone has been saying this for a long time.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Sully Dog
EAD Murphy Brown
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Bobaloo
At some level, adults need to take ownership. This is an example. Great job!
FJB
AG
Less government and more parenting for the win! Great job by these engaged fathers and we need more of this!
Who is John Galt?

Burdizzo
AG
Joe Boudain said:

I wouldn't call it a lack of masculinity as much as a lack of dignity. We had a war to give them freedom, but we (as a nation) still don't grant them any respect or dignity because we continue to maintain such low expectations based on skin color.

It is more than just a problem in black males. Lack of dignity is a problem in the black community and is spreading into all aspects of American society.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Great program.

During the video, I couldn't help but think how bad it could be if the virus hit a couple of the dads.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
LOYAL AG said:

fc2112 said:

I think we're seeing it here. You gotta realize that this crisis started with the Democrat created welfare state in 65 and accelerated with the removal of the gold standard in 71. That gave rise to the "baby daddy" phenomenon and three generations later this is the result. Now we're starting to see black men retake what's been taken from them which is their homes and families and stories like this are the proof. It won't change overnight but it's starting.
Joe Boudain
UTExan said:

Joe Boudain said:

Not to mention a couple of dads are as wide as the doors through which kids would try to escape.

One of those dudes looked like he could play center, guard and tackle…by himself…at the same time
Bosco
AG
Very nice story!

The left knows exactly what they are doing with the "toxic masculinity" garbage and trying to eliminate strong men from society/families.
WestTexasAg
AG
Awesome story! Props to those dads!
rononeill
Seems like this is something that would be gofundme worthy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.