Hard data on Vaccine effectiveness

7,683 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieKatie2
JB99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feel free to follow the link and draw your own conclusions.

6x less likely to be infected
12x less likely to be hospitalized (14x in the 18-49 age range)
10x less likely to die

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

This is the most concise CDC report I have found concerning how the different vaccines are performing in the real world with respect to cases, deaths, and age.

There is a large data lag as the information is only thru September 4. But that is typical for CDC when dealing with deaths.

the data is based on occurrences per week per 100,000 population.

The week ending September 4.

Testing positive:

No Vax 666 / 100K population
Fully Vax 114 / 100K population
Moderna 87 / 100K population
Pfizer 126 / 100K population
J&J 150 / 100K population

Deaths:

No Vax 9.14 / 100K population
Fully Vax 0.74 / 100K population
Moderna 0.47 / 100K population
Pfizer 0.88 / 100K population
J&J 1.70 / 100K population
RingOfive
AG
Now do natural immunity.
Rearview
AG
Do they break it down by age?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Wouldn't it be great if these numbers could be trusted to be accurate? But we all know nothing the cdc spits out is above politics so I doubt this is accurate information.
Get Off My Lawn
And? Im not putting it in my kid and **** anyone who supports making it a mandate!
Heelside Tantrum
So instead of having a 0.02% chance of dying from it, I'll have a 0.002% chance?

Also, how many people with the shots had rona but didn't exhibit any issues (I.e. Weren't counted as infections)?
Muy
AG
RingOfive said:

Now do natural immunity.
anaggieshusband
What if I don't believe the CDC??
Paradise Ag
AG

Great stuff there. If you want the jab by all means get it.

Just leave those that don't the hell alone.
AgGrad99
AG
Heelside Tantrum said:

So instead of having a 0.02% chance of dying from it, I'll have a 0.002% chance?
policywonk98
AG
RingOfive said:

Now do natural immunity.

Until they actually start monitoring and reporting this data point I can only conclude that the vax push is about control and politics and not science.
Raiderjay
Do they break it down by Fatness????
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
JB99
AG
I don't support mandates but do believe the vax is effective. Just thought people should see the data so they can draw their own conclusions based on real data vs. anecdotes and Conspiracy theories.
Rapier108
No one with a brain should trust anything the CDC puts out.

They alter, delete, and ignore data which doesn't fit their agenda; and when necessary, they change definitions to suit said agenda.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
StandUpforAmerica
JB99 said:

I don't support mandates but do believe the vax is effective. Just thought people should see the data so they can draw their own conclusions based on real data vs. anecdotes and Conspiracy theories.
But as other people have pointed out, it is only half the story until they include data from those with natural immunity.
PatriotAg02
AG
Sleepin'
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG

Here you go OP
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Pfizer 126 / 100K population

Guess my wife and I should play the lottery. Both vaccinated, both caught the vid in the same week.

.00015876% chance of that occurring if my math is correct.
hbtheduce
AG
JB99 said:

Just like picking up a nickel off the street is effective in making your richer!
ironmanag
AG
Any data by the CDC is not hard.

billydean05
If you go to the link, you can do some sorting by age groups and is definitely statistics that are worth looking at. I stand by my key points based on hard data and risk.

1) Nobody should be mandated to getting this vaccine
2) Over 60 definitely makes since to get the vaccine assuming you have no prior infection
3) Under 40 probably doesn't make sense to get the vaccine and especially with no comorbidities at least until all the most at risk people throughout the world have the opportunity to get the vaccine
4) If you have a prior confirmed, symptomatic COVID infection do not need to get the vaccine
5) Middle aged group 41-60 do your research and depends on each individual circumstances and risk tolerance
JB99
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

JB99 said:

But as other people have pointed out, it is only half the story until they include data from those with natural immunity.

In the absence of that data at least you have something positive you can do to provide added protection. Even if you had natural immunity, getting vaccinated will only improve your chances.

In my personal example I believe I got the original strain of COVID in March right before the shutdowns. I never got tested because there were no tests available. I decided not to get Vaccinated because I thought I was covered with natural immunity. I got the Delta variant in September 2021. Developed pneumonia and was put on oxygen for a few days. In hindsight I wish I would have got vaccinated. Either I never originally had Covid or my natural immunity waned over time and was ineffective against the Delta strain.
Layne Staley
AG
This study brought to you by the good people at Pfizer....
hbtheduce
AG
billydean05 said:

If you go to the link, you can do some sorting by age groups and is definitely statistics that are worth looking at. I stand by my key points based on hard data and risk.

1) Nobody should be mandated to getting this vaccine
2) Over 60 definitely makes since to get the vaccine assuming you have no prior infection
3) Under 40 probably doesn't make sense to get the vaccine and especially with no comorbidities at least until all the most at risk people throughout the world have the opportunity to get the vaccine
4) If you have a prior confirmed, symptomatic COVID infection do not need to get the vaccine
5) Middle aged group 41-60 do your research and depends on each individual circumstances and risk tolerance

6) anyone above the age of 25 with additional conditions that increases their risk (diabetes, cancer, etc) should strongly consider getting the vaccine
texagbeliever
JB99 said:

You can't draw conclusions with incomplete data. All that does is give you a false sense of being right. It might be the right decision but you would only be getting there by luck and not information.

CDC has clearly proven they are a political mouthpiece for progressive policies. Unless you think it is their job to implement gun control for our safety.
hbtheduce
AG
JB99 said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

JB99 said:

In the absence of that data at least you have something positive you can do to provide added protection. Even if you had natural immunity, getting vaccinated will only improve your chances.

In my personal example I believe I got the original strain of COVID in March right before the shutdowns. I never got tested because there were no tests available. I decided not to get Vaccinated because I thought I was covered with natural immunity. I got the Delta variant in September 2021. Developed pneumonia and was put on oxygen for a few days. In hindsight I wish I would have got vaccinated. Either I never originally had Covid or my natural immunity waned over time and was ineffective against the Delta strain.

That data can be found from other countries... and its pretty conclusive that natural immunity is as strong as vaccination and could possibly last even longer.

Your anecdote just means you were unlucky. Sorry.
JB99
AG
texagbeliever said:

JB99 said:

You can't draw conclusions with incomplete data. All that does is give you a false sense of being right. It might be the right decision but you would only be getting there by luck and not information.

CDC has clearly proven they are a political mouthpiece for progressive policies. Unless you think it is their job to implement gun control for our safety.

If you believe they are faking data just ignore my post.
jefe95
AG
Did they count all of the positive but vaccinated and all of the hospitalized but vaccinated?

Garbage in. Garbage out.

Because if you under count either one of those, the numbers are garbage.
StandUpforAmerica
hbtheduce said:

JB99 said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

JB99 said:

That data can be found from other countries... and its pretty conclusive that natural immunity is as strong as vaccination and could possibly last even longer.

Or he never had it back in March of '20.
JB99
AG
hbtheduce said:

JB99 said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

JB99 said:

How long does it last? 3 months? 6 months? 12 months? Don't know? Ok, again if you want to decrease your odds of being "unlucky", here's something you can do.
texagbeliever
JB99 said:

texagbeliever said:

JB99 said:

Have you ever seen a presentation to executives? It is a game of leaving out the info that goes against the decision you want and putting in all the stuff that makes your choice clear. That is how the world works.
hbtheduce
AG
JB99 said:

hbtheduce said:

JB99 said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

JB99 said:

How long does it last? 3 months? 6 months? 12 months? Don't know? Ok, again if you want to decrease your odds of being "unlucky", here's something you can do.

The medical study I read is that after 10-12 months, vaccine effectiveness has waned more than natural immunity. My risk was tiny unvaxxed pre-infection. Decreasing my minimal odds doesn't mean much to me.

But if you are nervous, do whatever you want.
Pookers
AG
JB99 said:

hbtheduce said:

JB99 said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

JB99 said:

I want to thank you for bravely coming to this forum and shilling the vaxx. 10 pfizer bucks have been deposited into your MyFreedomWallet.Gov digital currency account that you can spend at many participating vendors and we have added 5 points to your freedom score.
JB99
AG
texagbeliever said:

JB99 said:

texagbeliever said:

JB99 said:

Have you ever seen a presentation to executives? It is a game of leaving out the info that goes against the decision you want and putting in all the stuff that makes your choice clear. That is how the world works.

There's really nothing to say in response to this. If you believe the CDC is intentionally misleading people by excluding or falsifying data then ok. There's no way to unprove your theory. It's the definition of a conspiracy theory. Not based in anything factual just a theory based on your distrust of the organization. Like I said, ignore the thread. You are not the intended audience.
aggie_wes
AG
Don't forget that if the vaccine kills you within 2 weeks, you go in the unvaccinated covid death bucket. Just saying.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.