WH tells Governors to get ready to vax school kids

12,913 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Womackster
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

P.U.T.U
AG
Nope, nope, nope.
agracer
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

titan said:

BadMoonRisin said:

titan said:

BuddysBud said:

BadMoonRisin said:

I Have Spoken said:

My wife and I are both vaxxed, but mandating this crap on my kids...

You're lucky. My wife has been terrified of this virus the entire time. Pressured me to get the vaccine after she got it. I did get along to go along. We have fought over masks for months. I conceded the mask thing at school, but told her giving my 7 year old a vaccine will be the hill I die on. Going to be interesting to see.

I think she gets most of it from her sister, who works at Baylor College of Medicine, I think -- but she's a child psychologist, not a M.D. She is still so paranoid that she will not attend a wedding of her cousin next weekend "because her kids still arent vaccinated" and they dont want to take risks...and her husband is a beta male probably just as scared is she is...so I think my wife thinks if her sister does it its fine.

Her whole thing was "If the Pediatrician says they should get it, they are getting it. Period. You don't have a medical degree". Going to have to hope my Pediatrician is as rational as Kid Doc and only recommends it to high risk (obsese, diabetes, immunocompromised), kids in that age range only.

Going to be an interesting 6 weeks. Son, never marry a liberal. It wasnt an issue in our lives until 2016. Now everything is a political battle. We used to just not talk about it, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid, especially when it comes to my children's health, the failing economy, inflation, masks, vaccine mandates, Afghanistan.

It seems that TDS propaganda brought out the worst in liberals.
Not an issue till 2016, then suddenly, bang, its a strain for BadMoon.

This tends to support the argument that only ideological segregation more like the religious wars in Europe are going to make sense with this level, and that any idea it can be bridged is illusory if a stable marriage can't do it.
We used to be able to agree to disagree, but I don't necessarily think it was the run up to the 2016 election as it was an accelerated pace of the progressive culture war as a result over that period. Bathroom laws, transgender sports, 65 genders, preferred pronouns, BLM, Critical Race Theory, Inherent Bias, front holes, birthing people, men can have babies...

I used to be able to talk about these fringe ideas and she used to just roll her eyes and dismiss them as "that's just people on the internet...I dont know a single person that thinks that way in real life".

And just 5-6 years later, those ideas are now all main-stream and supported by liberals, leftists', democrats, corporations, and the government pretty much all across the board.

While that is true, does the issue that you hate all that not make an impression on her? Or does she take Washington's side?

I have to feel like she agrees with them, but does not know why. She just listens to NPR and joins the groupthink of her white liberal girl friends and relatives.

I'll give you an example. We were watching Thunder and Lightning, a ESPN 30 for 30 about the friendship and subsequent feud between Raphael Palmero and Will Clark right after MSU won the baseball title last year.

It covered at the end the steroid scandal Palmero was enveloped in back in 2005 and the damage it did to his career and legacy, essentially preventing him from ever getting into the Hall of Fame. She liked the show, as she does all 30 for 30s and said something like "It sucks for him that he had such a great career that was ruined by cheating". I said, "Is it really cheating though? They're letting men play against women in pro sports now, if that's not cheating they should go back and put him on the ballot" and she simply shut down and said "I dont want to talk to you about this".

I believe she adopts these ideas because it makes her feel like she's being "nice" to minority or marginalized people, but when it comes to a discussion of fairness, basic biology, or science, she doesn't seem to know how to debate it -- because when it comes to that it's not really a defensible position.

"Feelz before realz", if you will
Go along to get along. Just like you did when you got the vaccine. Also, women value relationships more than men do so her "go along to get along" gene is much stronger than yours.
aggiehawg
AG
I think the OSHA rule will also play into the kid vax effort. I'm sensing an EO on both, utilizing the language OSHA has in their new rule.
RoadkillBBQ
Ol_Ag_02 said:

These idiots are going to try and vaccinate kids at school without their parents approvals. Just watch.
You want widespread violence in this country? Because that's how you get widespread violence in this country.
BuddysBud
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

These idiots are going to try and vaccinate kids at school without their parents approvals. Just watch.
You want widespread violence in this country? Because that's how you get widespread violence in this country.

Yes, the left wants widespread violence by conservatives in this country. I believe that is one of their goals.

Last summer we saw that violence by the left is OK.
Violence by the right will bring an end to the Second Amendment and their excuse to bring a totalitarian regime to take control and eliminate personal freedom. The failed setup last month is an example were the establishment is trying to bait conservatives to violence.
RoadkillBBQ
FriscoKid said:

Reading the comments in the Hill article are sick. People are supporting this pile of dog ****?

What kind of lib thinks this is right?
The same ones who will be gladly load your ass on a traincar.
harge57
AG
tommyjohn said:

this is going to blow the roof off politics in this country.
It will kill the current public education system. Which may be the best thing for this country at this point.
AgBQ-00
AG
BuddysBud said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Yes, the left wants widespread violence by conservatives in this country. I believe that is one of their goals.

Violence by the right will bring an end to the Second Amendment and their excuse to bring a totalitarian regime to take control and eliminate personal freedom. The failed setup last month is an example were the establishment is trying to bait conservatives to violence.
You are correct...Fedfestapalooza was supposed to be the propaganda stroke to demonstrate how dangerous conservatives are. What they got instead was a filmed arrest of an undercover agent and a bunch of feds larping as joe sixpack. Notice how quickly that story disappeared.
TexAgs91
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

its a no lose situation for "brandon".
F the brandon crap. The president wants to endanger our kids with a vaccine proven to cause myocardia and heart attacks in some male teens, plus who knows what other problems for kids.

**** JOE BIDEN!!!!
RoadkillBBQ
BuddysBud said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

They won't like the beast when it wakes up. And right now in all their stupidity they're standing there poking it with a stick.

BuddysBud
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

BuddysBud said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

They won't like the beast when it wakes up. And right now in all their stupidity they're standing there poking it with a stick.

If the beast wakes up, it had better be ready. The left owns the military, law enforcement, and the media. Without an unbiased media any violent acts by the right, now matter how justified, will be quickly squashed and reported as domestic terrorists by right wing nuts. The response would be taking away more rights for the sake of "public safety", with half the country supporting it. With reporting of propaganda rather than news, the media controls the masses.
wreckncrew
AG
I haven't read the full thread but what can we as citizens do? Do we write Governor Abbott and tell him that he better tell Biden to stick it? We can't sit back any longer. Action needs to be taken.
agsalaska
AG
tommyjohn said:

this is going to blow the roof off politics in this country.

That was my first thought as well.

We ain't seen nothing yet.
Get Off My Lawn
I despise the machine.

A. A loon purposes something stupid/crazy
B. "Reputable" media report what the loon said
C. The idea is normalized through slanted "debate"
D. Reporters ask Dem spokesmen who slowly shift from hard NO to a soft yes
E. Dems message that they're going to do something
F. Peons enact the intent
G. Dem politicians cite "people's desire" and codify the crazy
titan
S
wreckncrew said:

I haven't read the full thread but what can we as citizens do? Do we write Governor Abbott and tell him that he better tell Biden to stick it? We can't sit back any longer. Action needs to be taken.
That is probably the best direction. People need a focal point or local government to resist that they then support. Governors are by far the best if willing, because they also have AGs and other tools.

But don't react to a pronouncement, only to a forced action. It may never come. So many things depend on compliance not having to be forced.

This probably is a time to appeal to Texas spirit and not make it about a series of individual stands at schools (which might also eventuate).

But the posters about the media are correct--they would be a virtual 5th column element serving only one image of the story. That's why it would be best to get your local officials to resist, then back them fully. Florida is already showing that pattern.

BAP Enthusiast
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The White House coronavirus task force on Tuesday urged state leaders to be ready to begin rolling out COVID-19 vaccination efforts for kids as early as the start of next month.

Administration officials told governors on a regularly scheduled call that school-aged kids could be eligible for the shots by early November and encouraged states to have plans in place to get them vaccinated, a source on the call confirmed.

ABC News first reported that pandemic response coordinator Jeff Zients told governors the White House has enough supply to inoculate roughly 28 million kids between the ages of 5 and 11.
Quote:

Pfizer last week said it had submitted an application to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency use authorization of its COVID-19 vaccine in children ages 5 to 11. An FDA advisory committee is meeting to discuss the application on Oct. 26.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Wednesday the administration is preparing messaging and outreach strategies to meet parents where they are and address any concerns or questions about getting their children vaccinated once the shot is approved.
Link

This one will not go over well.

They can **** right off.
Marcus Brutus
If I had school age kids and they mandate this, I'd enroll them in private school the next day.

Screw these people.
RoadkillBBQ
wreckncrew said:

Call and email EVERYONE.
Congressmen, state reps, Abbott, AG, school board members, principals. EVERYONE.

And share and post the link to this article everywhere you can.
BAP Enthusiast
Ol_Ag_02 said:

People will almost certainly die if they try this and I don't mean the kids.
aggiehawg
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

My biggest fear, too. Have that feeling that it is all unraveling as there is no longer such a thing as cooler minds will prevail. No stepping back to reassess. The last thing the Dems are thinking about is the children. They see unvaxed kids as a threat to their vaccinated lives.

But you just don't mess with other people's kids to that degree and expect to not have massive blowback. (No pun intended.) Brawls at the school board meetings, for instance.
Pookers
AG
aggiehawg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

My biggest fear, too. Have that feeling that it is all unraveling as there is no longer such a thing as cooler minds will prevail. No stepping back to reassess. The last thing the Dems are thinking about is the children. They see unvaxed kids as a threat to their vaccinated lives.

But you just don't mess with other people's kids to that degree and expect to not have massive blowback. (No pun intended.) Brawls at the school board meetings, for instance.

The establishment is not pushing vaxxes on children for our health and safety. Something far more nefarious is going on. We will be lucky if this is just a money grift.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
I abhor Biden as much as anyone in this Forum. That being said, you have to look at everything he is trying so desperately to do against what so far is a failed Presidency by pretty much any objective measure. He desperately needs a win. Any win. And if he can try to claim credit for the following graph and where it is logically going (minus a new variant),

he can claim one.

Luckily, though, he has little to no political capital. It's all bread and circuses. With a side of red meat for the Libtards who will follow anyone with a D behind their name off of any cliff.
AgResearch
AG
aggiehawg said:

We've been pre-framed as "domestic terrorists" for a reason. The few arguments at school board meetings is not the real reason that they decided to roll out "domestic terrorist" for opposing them. Diversion tactic for what is to come.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The establishment is not pushing vaxxes on children for our health and safety. Something far more nefarious is going on. We will be lucky if this is just a money grift.
The school boards that they need to implement it are covid fear mongering robotrons. I have no doubt these school boards are really that stupid to be afraid for their lives from the unvaxxed kids.

When they should be focused on the potential danger from the parents of those kids, if they do this.

But hey, they got away with bathroom transgender crap with little to no major repercussions. They are finally getting a lot of pushback on CRT now but that only after the 2020 lockdowns, virtual classes, mask mandates and other covid nonsense.

The curtain has been pulled back and parents have had it, as my Mom used to say, "Up to here!"
ProgN
It's about to be open season on progressives.
Pookers
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The school boards that they need to implement it are covid fear mongering robotrons. I have no doubt these school boards are really that stupid to be afraid for their lives from the unvaxxed kids.

When they should be focused on the potential danger from the parents of those kids, if they do this.

But hey, they got away with bathroom transgender crap with little to no major repercussions. They are finally getting a lot of pushback on CRT now but that only after the 2020 lockdowns, virtual classes, mask mandates and other covid nonsense.

The curtain has been pulled back and parents have had it, as my Mom used to say, "Up to here!"
The school boards are receiving money from the Fed Gov for complying with masking and vaccine mandates. The establishment in DC are the ones pushing this stuff. Yes, there are useful idiots who are actually scared but the ones in charge are certainly not.
aggiehawg
AG
AgResearch said:

aggiehawg said:

We've been pre-framed as "domestic terrorists" for a reason. The few arguments at school board meetings is not the real reason that they decided to roll out "domestic terrorist" for opposing them. Diversion tactic for what is to come.
Irony is also lost on libs. In the summer of 2020, Trump talked about Antifa and BLM as "domestic terrorist" organizations. The media gleefully reported that there is actually not a particular classification as "domestic terrorist."

Unless I missed something, and I mean an actual law passed that defines domestic terrorists as parents at a school board meeting, it is still not a recognized classification.

But what set this up was Jan 6th. I have been appalled at the complete failure of our justice system over what has been done as a result of that. Dems went even more insane. And insanity is the only way to describe what they have done to citizens, taking political prisoners.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
BusterAg said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

If that happened in Cy-Fair, there would be no teachers to teach school. 80% of them would all strike or quit. And probably 99% of the nurses.

Y'all think I'm crazy but every liberal out their already feels that it's okay to indoctrinate your kids because you're a racist. Now you're a racist and unvaccinated terrorist. They'll do it and expect you to thank them.
zoneag
AgResearch said:

aggiehawg said:

This is a fantastic observation, and I hadn't quite made that connection until reading your post. It makes absolute sense. And it's an indication of where we're headed.
ProgN
BAP Enthusiast said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Correct, there will be blood and it will start at the local level.
BAP Enthusiast
aggiehawg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

I was not thinking about brawls. Imagine a school decides to vax the kids without the parent's knowledge and a few kids die of myocarditis or a few of them develop serious side effects. Brawls would be the least of their worries. This is the type of thing people can and will kill over.

At some point they will hit the wrong man at the wrong time and that man will go on a personal crusade. This is guaranteed to happen and once it does once, it will light a powder keg nationwide.

You don't back people into a corner like this. It's incredibly dumb unless you want to kick off the civil war as soon as possible.
aggiehawg
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

aggiehawg said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

I was not thinking about brawls. Imagine a school decides to vax the kids without the parent's knowledge and a few kids die of myocarditis or a few of them develop serious side effects. Brawls would be the least of their worries. This is the type of thing people can and will kill over.

At some point they will hit the wrong man at the wrong time and that man will go on a personal crusade. This is guaranteed to happen and once it does once, it will light a powder keg nationwide.

You don't back people into a corner like this. It's incredibly dumb unless you want to kick off the civil war as soon as possible.
Darlin' I'm trying to be very cautious what I put up on this site, or anywhere for that matter.

I know what you are saying. I reply but out of an abundance of caution, I stay as neutral as possible. I don't want for there to be violence. But what I want is besides the point.

I just don't want the FBI to track me down for posts on TexAgs and arrest me, throw me in jail pretrial and put me in solitary. Because that unthinkable scenario is now happening with the Jan 6th prisoners.

Never thought I of all people would be afraid to exercise my freedom of speech on this message board but that is where I am right now.
AgResearch
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

They're not trying to spark a civil war. They are guiding the events a step or two in advance to lead toward disarming the citizenry.
titan
S

But that actually is a choice of spurring either rebellion or civil war, because it would be the necessary thing. You would have to proceed, because only that way might freedom be regained.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.