Religious Exemption for Vaccine Letter

7,283 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gordon McKernan
OKCAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a pastor and I had a congregant ask me to write a letter explaining his religious convictions against the vaccine. I told him I'd be happy to oblige if he could provide me a bit more information regarding his convictions. I don't want to put words in his mouth.

He sent me an email with these links attached. His main point is about the aborted fetal tissue being used in the Pfizer R&D.

I'm not asking about the legitimacy of his information. What I'd like to know is if anyone has used a religious exemption request for the vaccine and if you'd be willing to share an example. I have a feeling this is going to be a frequent request.

Thanks!

Live Fetal Cell Extraction for Covid Vaccine Testing: https://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/10519/20210114/vaccination-expert-says-unborn-babies-used-for-covid-19-vaccines-were-alive-during-tissue-extraction.htm

Project Veritas Pfizer Cover Up:

101 Pastors Sign Letter Rejecting Mandate: https://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/13568/20211012/101-pastors-reject-joe-biden-s-vaccine-mandate-via-letter-declares-we-have-no-king-but-king-jesus.htm

Pookers
AG
I think the following is less disputable by corporations. They can use the fetal cell line stuff against you by asking if you boycott all products with cell lines in them.

I will probably use the following when the time comes but would like to hear what others think of it. Of course you will want to pray about it so its not a lie.

"I have prayed to God about whether or not I should receive any COVID vaccine and the answer I have received is no. Forcing me to receive said vaccine will be forcing me to violate what I believe God's will is for me and is therefor against my religious views."

Something like the above (if you actually pray about it and receive a no) would be difficult for an employer to dispute as it's a sincerely held belief and is personal between the individual and God. I've not heard of anybody using this yet but it seems a stronger argument than the aborted fetal cell line stuff.
policywonk98
AG
I will be honest, I feel like the religious exemption is lazy and leads to "ghettoization" and the diminishing of something that should be universally true for all citizens of the country no matter what their religious convictions might be.

This tyranny is based upon a lie. Accepting forced mitigations based upon emotions, lies, half truths, and corrupted non-consensus science is a very dangerous road we are traveling down. It must be rejected completly, not because we have certain religious belief. But because we are Americans and this should be unacceptable behavior to all of us.

OKCAg2002
AG
Yeah. I lean towards the "less is more" approach here. The more you volunteer in written form, the less successful I think you'll be. This particular congregant works on the air force base as a civilian and he may have to move to Florida. This whole situation sucks so bad for him.
samurai_science
So can anyone provide the OP with examples?
Pookers
AG
policywonk98 said:

I will be honest, I feel like the religious exemption is lazy and leads to "ghettoization" and the diminishing of something that should be universally true for all citizens of the country no matter what their religious convictions might be.

This tyranny is based upon a lie. Accepting forced mitigations based upon emotions, lies, half truths, and corrupted non-consensus science is a very dangerous road we are traveling down. It must be rejected completly, not because we have certain religious belief. But because we are Americans and this should be unacceptable behavior to all of us.

I have been struggling with this as well. I don't believe corporations should have the authority to violate an individuals right to bodily autonomy as a condition of employment. The question becomes would quitting or not claiming the exemption and getting fired on principle accomplish something?
texaglurkerguy
I think this is a sensible approach, they're not really in a position to dispute your personal convictions.

My concern though would be how much latitude do employers legally have to dispute religious beliefs? If you say "I prayed to God and he said I shouldn't take this vaccine," and were granted reprieve, could you use that justification to get out of other less reasonable things too?
Pookers
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

I think this is a sensible approach, they're not really in a position to dispute your personal convictions.

My concern though would be how much latitude do employers legally have to dispute religious beliefs? If you say "I prayed to God and he said I shouldn't take this vaccine," and were granted reprieve, could you use that justification to get out of other less reasonable things too?
The law is the law and there's still the reasonable accommodation barrier to pass.
OKCAg2002
AG
I'll probably write a general exemption request for him and, as his pastor, validate his principles that taking this vaccine violates his conscience.
Pookers
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

I'll probably write a general exemption request for him and, as his pastor, validate his principles that taking this vaccine violates his conscience.
Violates conscience is different than violating his religion. Some states don't have reasons of conscience exemptions.
policywonk98
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

So can anyone provide the OP with examples?

I beleive the church in Loudoun County, VA which has several members that are staff and parents battling with Loudoun County School district has a form letter they are making available. I think the church is called Cornerstone something and based in Leesburg.

I've never laid eyes on the letter so I can't speak to its contents. I just heard this information from someone following the story more closely up there.
TdoubleH
AG
How about the stance that God is the divine power and his will is above all. That our faith must be in God and his will and that putting faith in or holding up a vaccine above God's will is not something you are willing to compromise your faith over. The vaccine is currently being present as a false idol and held in higher regard than God's power. You have chosen based on your religion that you will allow God to work in your life and protect you.

That's how I feel anyways. It convicts me to succumb to things of this world that we hold in higher regard than God's power. It's a sin struggle for me on certain things and I compartmentalize what I'm willing to give to god and what I want control over. I'm working hard to give every aspect of my life to god. The vaccine is becoming no different than money or other materialistic idols.….the vaccine is becoming a form of currency or at least a prerequisite to participate in commerce.

texaglurkerguy
What is the law, I guess is my question? I obviously couldn't use religious beliefs to get out of working Mondays, but might be able to use it to get out a vaccine mandate. Wondering where the line is drawn, legally.
Sazerac
AG
I received an exemption based on religious belief.
I don't feel comfortable sharing it on a public forum.

rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Muy
AG
Pookers said:

I think the following is less disputable by corporations. They can use the fetal cell line stuff against you by asking if you boycott all products with cell lines in them.

I will probably use the following when the time comes but would like to hear what others think of it. Of course you will want to pray about it so its not a lie.

"I have prayed to God about whether or not I should receive any COVID vaccine and the answer I have received is no. Forcing me to receive said vaccine will be forcing me to violate what I believe God's will is for me and is therefor against my religious views."

Something like the above (if you actually pray about it and receive a no) would be difficult for an employer to dispute as it's a sincerely held belief and is personal between the individual and God. I've not heard of anybody using this yet but it seems a stronger argument than the aborted fetal cell line stuff.

Answer: "yep, I sure do boycott all products using aborted tissue in them. Prove me wrong."
01agtx
AG
Sample letters can be found here.

https://lc.org/exempt

RAB91
This is a Catholic take on an exemption letter.

https://www.ncbcenter.org/ncbc-news/vaccineletter
BMX Bandit
Sazerac said:

I received an exemption based on religious belief.
I don't feel comfortable sharing it on a public forum.

Then why even share this?
Pookers
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

What is the law, I guess is my question? I obviously couldn't use religious beliefs to get out of working Mondays, but might be able to use it to get out a vaccine mandate. Wondering where the line is drawn, legally.
Don't think you can get a job and then claim you can't perform the work because of religious reasons. Reasonable accommodation is all that is required. If you can't perform your work after given reasonable accommodation then you can be fired.
waco_aggie05
AG
Yeah I have struggled with this myself. Haven't been given an ultimatum by my employer but certainly some strong pressure and suggestiong that they won't let me hold out forever.

I've struggled mightily with the religious exemption thing because so many strong Christians I know have taken it.

I do feel like I have a reasonable position not to get it medically (family history of heart disease, brother and father both died in their 40s from heart conditions and I'm knocking on the door of 40) plus I have had covid so there is no reason to take that risk, but am searching high and low for a Dr to agree.

On top of all that, will either matter?

Technically, I could, and would, test weekly vs getting the vaccine but thats not even brought up.
policywonk98
AG
Ok. I got curious. It's in the public domain so I don't think it's a problem to post it. The link to the actual letter is toward the bottom of page.

https://cornerstonechapel.net/connect/religious-exemption
AgBQ-00
AG
policywonk98 said:

This is exactly right. Using the exemption is still allowing tyrannical precedent be set. SAY NO TO MANDATES!

Oh they just moved that population into their own neighborhoods for their own and society's good...that's ok.

Oh they are shipping that population off because they are causing trouble for society...that's ok.

Oh they are putting that population into camps because there are saboteurs amongst them...that's ok.

Oh they are returning that person to the plantation they fled because the owner is out his property...that's ok.

Tyranny is tyranny.
texaglurkerguy
That makes sense. I hope you're successful, will be interested to hear whether that approach works for you if the time comes.
policywonk98
AG
Agreed.

samurai_science
Pookers said:

Let them use that line, then just say " I didn't know, but I wont be using those products in the future."
Helicopter Ben
My opinion is to hold the line on freedom in general and bodily autonomy. Stick to the my body my choice argument as it shows direct contradiction to the argument for abortion. They won't understand or even acknowledge the hypocrisy, but it is the more logical and moral argument. Remember, these people don't have much in the morality department, so religious morals do not compute.

Like one poster mentioned, if they catch you with one mistake of using another product, the religious exemption goes out the window. Even if it is only 20% that refuse the vaccine, that would still have a major impact.

We are losing our freedoms very rapidly. I believe the line has been crossed long ago, but this issue could be the trigger. It's time to take a stand on the principle of freedom itself. I am fortunate enough to be self employed and will never force a vaccine on my employees. But at the same time, I do recognize that private organizations should be able to set their own rules for employment or inclusion. The real problem is big business getting into bed with the government. They are both working together to dismantle our freedoms.

My opinion is to take the principled approach and make them fire you. Collect the unemployment and go work somewhere else.
Pookers
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

Pookers said:

Let them use that line, then just say " I didn't know, but I wont be using those products in the future."
I agree, there's ways around the fetal cell line stuff. I just think my argument posted above is more difficult to dispute.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Pookers said:

policywonk98 said:

I have been struggling with this as well. I don't believe corporations should have the authority to violate an individuals right to bodily autonomy as a condition of employment. The question becomes would quitting or not claiming the exemption and getting fired on principle accomplish something?
Not just bodily autonomy. You have a God given right to provide for yourself and your family.

Government has no authority to take that away.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
BMX Bandit
Quote:

I know for sure this has worked for at least 3 companies.
OKCAg2002
AG
policywonk98 said:

Ok. I got curious. It's in the public domain so I don't think it's a problem to post it. The link to the actual letter is toward the bottom of page.

https://cornerstonechapel.net/connect/religious-exemption

I like that letter because it's irrefutable and clear. Anyone care to comment from a legal perspective?

Thanks, all. This thread has been really helpful.
FJB
AG
Jesus wouldn't need to take the jab, so why should I? He can also call me home whenever he likes and no therapeutic can do anything about that.
Who is John Galt?

Helicopter Ben
Quote:

The problem with this is that you're playing their game. Applying for an exemption is like asking for permission to opt out of their rules. We shouldn't recognize the governments authority to mandate in the first place. Applying for "permission" to opt out legitimizes the mandate. What happens when the next mandate comes along and they just simply say no fetal cells were used? What if there isn't an option for exemption next time? This is a step closer to that.
Pookers
AG
Helicopter Ben said:

Quote:

The problem with this is that you're playing their game. Applying for an exemption is like asking for permission to opt out of their rules. We shouldn't recognize the governments authority to mandate in the first place. Applying for "permission" to opt out legitimizes the mandate. What happens when the next mandate comes along and they just simply say no fetal cells were used? What if there isn't an option for exemption next time? This is a step closer to that.
There are many bills now added to the special session that make covid 19 vax discrimination illegal. We need to be support those. Preferable, vax discrimination of all kinds would be covered but I'm not sure our corporate shill elected officials will let that happen.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Don't like the idea of having a pastor sign off on somebody's religious conviction, but thats where we are at.

Religious exemption should be a personal choice. No further action required.

The fact that there is some kind of inquisition concerns me. We dont want to go down that road.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.