Coup...

18,407 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanyonAg77
Malibu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

I readily recognize I at a minimum have an unpopular take, maybe even a bad take on this. If the parties were reversed, I would think this action would have the appearance to me of being somewhat more justifiable. Which is giving me the pause.

But he played the dangerous game here. And if tried and found guilty of treason, I fully support the highest level of punishment.

"Justifiable" in your mind is irrelevant. Subordinates follow orders. That is their job. Period.
Hypothetical: President Biden on his last week in office says to immediately launch nukes over Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, and Pyongyang. You want the military to say "yes sir, men, you have your orders, go nuke the *******s!" I would hope in that hypothetical a bit more pause and sobriety, and obfuscation or insubordination and mutiny before executing the order.
annie88
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

Milley should be tried for treason
This. and prison.

These mentally ill Democrats constantly kept saying Trump would lead us to war, etc. Never did, not even close and he actually moved us further from it and did the opposite.

****ers.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
BMX Bandit
I agree with you about what a good officer should do in that situation.

That's not what occurred here.
Malibu
BMX Bandit said:

I agree with you about what a good officer should do in that situation.

That's not what occurred here.
Two things:

1. Reports, either propaganda or valid, are that President Trump was effectively a mad man stewing on the stolen election from mid-December to final day. Inviting My Pillow Guy to the WH doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the President was all there. I would like accurate reporting from people on the record of Trump's true mental state and ability to execute his oath of office on his final days. If it's as bad as has been rumored or reported, I think it's very reasonable for people of good will to come up with contingency plans to usurp authority from the Mad King. That's an opinion I will hold regardless of who is in the Oval Office.

2. Calling our adversary to tell them our military plans, if that is also accurate reporting, is in fact Treason. He should go to Leavenworth if that reporting is accurate.
redcrayon
AG
Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

I readily recognize I at a minimum have an unpopular take, maybe even a bad take on this. If the parties were reversed, I would think this action would have the appearance to me of being somewhat more justifiable. Which is giving me the pause.

But he played the dangerous game here. And if tried and found guilty of treason, I fully support the highest level of punishment.

"Justifiable" in your mind is irrelevant. Subordinates follow orders. That is their job. Period.
Hypothetical: President Biden on his last week in office says to immediately launch nukes over Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, and Pyongyang. You want the military to say "yes sir, men, you have your orders, go nuke the *******s!" I would hope in that hypothetical a bit more pause and sobriety, and obfuscation or insubordination and mutiny before executing the order.
There's a process if one thinks the President is incapacitated. What Milley did is not it. What he did is really, really bad.
Malibu
I agree. I was responding to Ellis's comment which seemed to imply that any subordinate must follow the orders of the CIC. I was sanity checking that comment.
American Hardwood
AG
Quote:

1. Reports, either propaganda or valid, are that President Trump was effectively a mad man stewing on the stolen election from mid-December to final day. Inviting My Pillow Guy to the WH doesn't exactly inspire confidence that the President was all there. I would like accurate reporting from people on the record of Trump's true mental state and ability to execute his oath of office on his final days. If it's as bad as has been rumored or reported, I think it's very reasonable for people of good will to come up with contingency plans to usurp authority from the Mad King. That's an opinion I will hold regardless of who is in the Oval Office.
Now do Biden's clear and obvious dementia. Does that justify underlings making whatever phone calls they want and creating contingencies against the sitting President* with enemies of our country?
Malibu
American Hardwood said:

Quote:

Now do Biden's clear and obvious dementia.

Read my last sentence that you just quoted.

Does that justify underlings making whatever phone calls they want and creating contingencies against the sitting President* with enemies of our country?

Read my second point that you did not quote.
American Hardwood
AG
Sorry, I did not mean that directly to you. I meant that more rhetorically. This is a dangerous game being played.
mncag
redcrayon said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

There's a process if one thinks the President is incapacitated. What Milley did is not it. What he did is really, really bad.

I that's whati thought, doesn't mean you need take the orders to fire the nuke
AggieKeith15
AG
Malibu2 said:

I agree. I was responding to Ellis's comment which seemed to imply that any subordinate must follow the orders of the CIC. I was sanity checking that comment.

Wow this arrogant. If I had stars I'd use the barf emoticon.
Malibu
AggieKeith15 said:

Malibu2 said:

Wow this arrogant. If I had stars I'd use the barf emoticon.
Checking for understanding = arrogance?
Foreverconservative
Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

This is an absurd hypothetical.

People act like there's a box with a button on the Resolute Desk that the POTUS can just enter a code and push a button and the world would come to an end. There are layers between the POTUS and the actual launch controls. There are multiple contingencies for the sole purpose of preventing an unlawful launch. For idiots to think that there was any real danger of an unprovoked nuclear launch by Trump regardless of his mental state is absurd. I don't care if Trump stripped down to his boxers and was eating his own shiite in the oval office, there are procedures and failsafes in place to deal with it when it comes to the launch of a nuclear weapon.

This absurd hypothetical isn't even close to what happened, if Woodward's book is accurate anyway i.
redcrayon
AG
mncag said:

redcrayon said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

I that's whati thought, doesn't mean you need take the orders to fire the nuke
Who decides when to fire the nuke?
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Malibu
sicandtiredTXN said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

This is an absurd hypothetical.

People act like there's a box with a button on the Resolute Desk that the POTUS can just enter a code and push a button and the world would come to an end. There are layers between the POTUS and the actual launch controls. There are multiple contingencies for the sole purpose of preventing an unlawful launch. For idiots to think that there was any real danger of an unprovoked nuclear launch by Trump regardless of his mental state is absurd. I don't care if Trump stripped down to his boxers and was eating his own shiite in the oval office, there are procedures and failsafes in place to deal with it when it comes to the launch of a nuclear weapon.

This absurd hypothetical isn't even close to what happened, if Woodward's book is accurate anyway i.
Good grief. I was testing the statement 'subordinates follow orders,' not pointing out the actual process of how a nuke strike works.
titan
S
Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Actually agree with you. That is why ire is not that was looking for a way to refuse if that arose, but that he coordinated with the enemy instead of taking some kind of Stauffenberg action. IF the head of the Pentagon REALLY thinks the President is of the deep end, then walk the talk.
TxAgPreacher
S
Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Defending a communist isn't a good look for you...

Not that you ever have good takes.
All my political beliefs are informed by my religious ones. To flag my posts, and tell me to take it to R&P is intellectual cowardice. I will not debate interpretation, that is off topic, and trolling me.
Aggieangler93
AG
Prison is too lenient. Hang the Benedict Arnold!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
sharpdressedman
I am very confident that he was assured he would be protected in the event of his order being disclosed to the public, and that the "Big Steal" of the election was certain to succeed.

Our national military leadership is no more reliable than that of a third world country.
Foreverconservative
I honestly question the timing of this book release. This is a narrative changer when the heat gets turned up on this. I'm 50/50 on Woodward's reporting being accurate. However they are desperately needing political cover for Afghanistan, and if any of this turns out to be true, Milley will be forced to step down and then they will pile all the Afghanistan crap on top of his departure as well, as he literally walks out the door. If any of it's true it doesn't lessen the severity of the actions, ESPECIALLY the reported call to China, but Milley becomes the dead man walking and Biden can say he took care of multiple issues in forcing him to step down.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's treason, if the DOJ doesn't want to handle it, well, maybe someone else will.
Malibu
TxAgPreacher said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Speaking of bad takes, in what universe is this me defending a communist? I swear I trigger you guys so hard you just make up whatever stupid **** a progressive thinks, assign it to me, and call it a day.
TxAgPreacher
S
Malibu2 said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Speaking of bad takes, in what universe is this me defending a communist? I swear I trigger you guys so hard you just make up whatever stupid **** a progressive thinks, assign it to me, and call it a day.

No you're running interference for a communist. Deny it all you want. We see you. We know what you are. You aren't fooling anyone. Your CM act fools nobody.
All my political beliefs are informed by my religious ones. To flag my posts, and tell me to take it to R&P is intellectual cowardice. I will not debate interpretation, that is off topic, and trolling me.
Malibu
TxAgPreacher said:

Malibu2 said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

No you're running interference for a communist. Deny it all you want. We see you. We know what you are. You aren't fooling anyone. Your CM act fools nobody.
Nice non-answer, and doubling down on inventing my position to suit your purpose to further prove my point.
TxAgPreacher
S
This general defends marxist critical race theory in the military, and now caught warning the chi coms of our potential plans.

He is commie and you are running interference. Doesnt need spelled out.
woodlees
AG
Milley also violated the Logan act by acting as an unauthorized representative to China
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheEternalPessimist
If the Federal Government won't press the charge of treason, then red State attorney generals should simultaneously indict Milley on treason charges in each of their states.

IT IS ON THE BOOKS IN TEXAS LAW:

TREASON AGAINST STATE. Treason against the State shall consist only in levying war against it, or adhering to its enemies, giving them aid and comfort; and no person shall be convicted of treason except on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
Malibu
TxAgPreacher said:

This general defends marxist critical race theory in the military, and now caught warning the chi coms of our plans.

He is commie and you are running interference. Doesnt need spelled out.
Maybe you missed where I said he should be in Leavenworth, maybe you didn't. Either way, you're talking at me to tell me what I think, not listening to me and what I actually think, and proving my point that my very presence posting here as an admitted Biden voter is so triggering, you lose all ability to reason and converse rationally.
sam callahan
In fairness, the modern democrat party would make Kruschev's panties wet. So there is that.
TxAgPreacher
S
You're trying to downplay this as you always do. You defend democrats and attack patriots just about every time. You're always on the wrong side. You can't gaslight. We know who you are and what your takes are.
Jayhawk
This is extremely serious, dangerous, and as far as I know unprecedented in American history. This is the type of thing that "breaks the seal" on falling down a dark path so well known from every other nation in human history.

And that is why I am greatly saddened that it will not survive longer than a 2 week news cycle tops.
CanyonAg77
AG
Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

The problem here is that Milly is such a dumbass that he believed Trump would be capable of this type of order

And as I said before, no officer with an IQ above room temperature is going to nuke someone out of the blue. Especially not a freaking four star who should be in touch with the geopolitical situation

I'm not privy to how the "football" and the "codes" work, but even if Biden were to input the launch codes, someone has to carry them out. Someone has to load the bombs. At least two men on a sub or two men in a missile silo have to agree to launch.

Unless they already know we're at DEFCON 1, I don't think any will launch without a buildup before
Malibu
TxAgPreacher said:

You're trying to downplay this as you always do. You defend democrats and attack patriots just about every time. You're always on the wrong side. You can't gaslight. We know who you are and what your takes are.
You are the very definition of a gaslighting poster.
TheEternalPessimist
CanyonAg77 said:

Malibu2 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

The problem here is that Milly is such a dumbass that he believed Trump would be capable of this type of order

And as I said before, no officer with an IQ above room temperature is going to nuke someone out of the blue. Especially not a freaking four star who should be in touch with the geopolitical situation

I'm not privy to how the "football" and the "codes" work, but even if Biden were to input the launch codes, someone has to carry them out. Someone has to load the bombs. At least two men on a sub or two men in a missile silo have to agree to launch.

Unless they already know we're at DEFCON 1, I don't think any will launch without a buildup before
So essentially the last few days of Trump's administration, we could have had a Crimson Tide type situation..... only between POTUS and JCS rather than between a Sub Commander and his Chief XO.

Cool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.