Coup...

18,297 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanyonAg77
Casey TableTennis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the parties had been reversed, and Trump had just won a contested election over an incumbent Biden with Biden and supporters growing louder, I would have supported the military trying to moderate potential actions by Biden.

Is it right, of course not. Is it treasonous, maybe. Is it sometimes necessary to take extreme actions to ensure smooth transitions of power, yes.

Admittedly harder to be ok with what actually happened than it is with this hypothetical, but I try to hold myself to standards like this.
will25u
gbaby23
AG
LOL are the CM's still protecting this Marxist piece of trash just because he is in the military?
will25u
DogCo84 said:

In case it's been forgotten, I took notes back on Jan 11, 2021

Per the New York Times:

"In a phone call to the [Joint Chiefs] chairman, Gen. Mark A. Milley, Ms. Pelosi appeared to be seeking to have the Pentagon leadership essentially remove Mr. Trump from his authorities as the commander in chief."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/us/politics/trump-pelosi-nuclear-military.html
Ellis Wyatt
Casey TableTennis said:

If the parties had been reversed, and Trump had just won a contested election over an incumbent Biden with Biden and supporters growing louder, I would have supported the military trying to moderate potential actions by Biden.

There is a chain of command. Milley (and you) doesn't get to do what he wants to do. "The ends justify the means" is not how our government is supposed to function.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Milley isn't the only commie rat that should be pushed into a shark tank.
WolfCall
AG
Just when we thought it couldn't be any worse.

The Joint Chiefs should be reassuring World Leaders that Joe Biden isn't in charge.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9990247/Gen-Mark-Milley-secretly-dialed-Chinas-military-leader-amid-fears-Trump-start-war.html
Gen. Mark Milley took secret action to secure nukes from 'unstable' Trump after he lost the election and called China's top military leader to reassure the country Trump would not attack in desperate bid to stay in office, new Bob Woodward book reveals
  • Milley's extraordinary efforts are detailed in Peril, according to a new book by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa
  • He told top military officials he was 'part of the procedure' on military actions
  • Called head of China's military two days after the Jan. 6th riot to reassure US was not about to attack
  • He was concerned Trump might take rogue action to stay in office
By GEOFF EARLE, DEPUTY U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:57 EDT, 14 September 2021 | UPDATED: 13:48 EDT, 14 September 2021

Quote:

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley took a series of extraordinary actions after the Jan. 6th Capitol riot out of concerns an 'unstable' President Trump might undertake military action in a desperate bid to stay in office, according to Bob Woodward's bombshell new book.

The efforts included Milley as the top ranking military officer meeting with top military officials in the Pentagon two days after the MAGA riot and telling them to keep him in the process for all military actions, including the use of nuclear weapons. It also included back-channel outreach to Milley's counterpart in the Chinese military to provide reassurances the US would not strike its rival, according to the book.

You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
Casey TableTennis
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

There is a chain of command. Milley (and you) doesn't get to do what he wants to do. "The ends justify the means" is not how our government is supposed to function.

Back at the end of Obama's second term, plenty of us wanted to ensure everything possible was done so that he didn't "overstay his welcome". Actions like this would have been more favorably viewed in that light.

Again, not excusing the action. Just reduces the amount of fervor on this one, for me.
stetson
AG
Have any Republicans in Congress weighed in on this?
FJB
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

Milley should be tried for treason
Or simply taken into the center of the Pentagon and shot.
Ellis Wyatt
Casey TableTennis said:

Back at the end of Obama's second term, plenty of us wanted to ensure everything possible was done so that he didn't "overstay his welcome". Actions like this would have been more favorably viewed in that light.
Yet it didn't happen, and I am positive no one was bold enough to hold meetings or make international phone calls undermining the C in C.
Trajan88
AG
Can the general and his staff be called to testify about this (that's if the Dem. leadership would permit it)?

Maybe bring it up should the Republicans take the House &/or Senate in the mid-terms?
CardiffGiant
AG
Deep state is deep. Water is wet. Nothing will happen.
AGHouston11
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Yet it didn't happen, and I am positive no one was bold enough to hold meetings or make international phone calls undermining the C in C.

Nope instead the Obama administration (and the alphabets) was in full swing spy mode of the Trump campaign and then engaging in undermining the incoming president. Also at the same time sending literally pallets of unmarked cash to a sponsor of terror Iran. Just think about that.

Yet I'm sure they would admit any fraud in an election......
will25u
BMX Bandit
Well that's good news for Milley if Posobeic claiming so
WolfCall
AG
It is long past the time for Milley to go.
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
normalhorn
This Posobiec guy is wrong almost every time he tweets something.

I sure hope this is the first time his intel is correct.
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
BigBrother
AG
Who would be able to bring these charges against him?
fasthorse05
Who knows, Milley might have been behind the Vindman fiasco. In addition to the normal Leftist coup plotters.
Deus Vult
Kenneth_2003 said:

TxAgPreacher said:

We need a new communist purge.
The only good commie... is a deported commie.

Wrong. Only good commie is a dead commie. After you've broken their commie nose from punching their commie faces.

I'll also accept force feeding them a concrete curb.

Ag87H2O
AG
will25u said:

Trump should file charges and ask these officers to testify. This traitor needs to hang. And so does Pelosi if she was involved.
Ellis Wyatt
fasthorse05 said:

Who knows, Milley might have been behind the Vindman fiasco. In addition to the normal Leftist coup plotters.
It would be a shame if Milley and Lt. Col Fatass walked headlong into a drone strike. It would never happen because they are kindred spirits with the traitors currently in power, but it's an interesting thought.
Guardian Angel
AG
Myanmar has some unusual parallels with the events and players involved in their military coup.

Quote:

Myanmar military coup

As Myanmar's military has taken steps to undermine the country's democratic transition, including the arrest of the nation's de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi and few other civilian leaders in Burma, several governments and human rights groups across the globe expressed concern and urged the military to release all those who have been detained unlawfully immediately. The Myanmar Army, on the other hand, has said that it carried out the detentions in response to fraud in last November's general election that Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy (NLD) won by a landslide. On August 1, Military Commander Min Aung Hlaing declared that he would remain in charge until 2023 when he plans to hold an election. On the occasion of World Humanitarian Day, August 19, the United Nations (UN) had also expressed its concerns over the compounded situation of conflict, pandemic, and natural disaster in Myanmar
will25u
The IRONY!

Ellis Wyatt
will25u said:

The IRONY!

Oh, look. Lt. Col. Fatass is a troll.

Not surprised in the least.
BigBrother
AG
will25u said:

The IRONY!

wbt5845
AG
So as opposed to a mostly peaceful protest on Jan. 6 that Dems scream INSURRECTION about, an actual coup occured by military leaders for which no one will bat an eye.
will25u
Good thread/article.

FbgTxAg
AG
Treason. Pure and simple.

But….ironically…our best hope for taking back our country is a "takeover" of the military by a military "leader" who refuses to follow chain of command and also has the following and loyalty of the majority of the military.

Revolutions are simple. And are treasonous by nature. Until they're successful.
IslanderAg04
Pretty simple, Trump was about letting the money influence policy and peace through tarrifs. Milley is a a part of the war complex. He doesn't want peace.
will25u
Kozmozag
Hard to believe. If true Milley and everyone in the meeting are traitors.
sloppyjoe
AG
Casey TableTennis said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Casey TableTennis said:

Again, not excusing the action. Just reduces the amount of fervor on this one, for me.

Trump was President until Noon on January 21. Pointing out that one party stole the election doesn't make you not the president. The fact that crazy Nancy and the bug eyed JCS general where plotting against a sitting President over his objections to the theft only reinforces that it occurred and they were worried that they wouldn't get away with it.
Jayhawk
stetson said:

Have any Republicans in Congress weighed in on this?
The answer to this is how you know it's all just a show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.