Todd Beamer - Flight 93 Transcript

62,926 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by $240 Worth of Pudding
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

P.H. Dexippus
AG
No luck tracking down a recording of Beamer but did find this:
https://www.nps.gov/flni/learn/historyculture/phone-calls-from-flight-93.htm

According to an old CNN story, it was not recorded
Quote:

One of the more storied calls comes from passenger Todd Beamer of New Jersey, who has a long conversation with a GTE Airphone operator, Lisa Jefferson. The call was not taped.

"Are you ready?" a fellow passenger asks Beamer toward the end of the call. "Let's roll," Beamer replies, according to Jefferson's previous account.
https://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/12/moussaoui.trial/
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
cz308 said:

Rebel Yell said:

Are you guys ready?……..

Let's Roll……………………
Holy ****! Guess I've never seen this or read this. Wow, that's tough to read.

Honest question. Are you relatively young?
I ask because Beamers "Let's Roll" is a piece of American history. His rally cry has been celebrated for two decades.

The tapes I hope are released to the public in my lifetime are the audio of the passengers fighting back and breaking into the cockpit. They've been played for the United 93 family members that wanted to hear them. Apparently it's extremely violent (as one would expect) but also leaves no doubt that these men made into into the cockpit before the chicken **** terrorists put into into the ground.
Ex-liberalag12
Never forget
Spyderman
AG
Sarge 77 said:

The more I look at the 9/11 stuff…the more I hate Biden and his administration because of the last 2 weeks.
You are getting warmer..think bigger..
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Ag_of_08
AG
I hope they are not. The last moments of a life cut short are rarely good things, and will do nothing to make then more heroic than they are now.

Let them stand as heros and patriots that they are now, and let his last words known to this world be "let's roll".
Elkoholics Anonymous
titan
S
Ag_of_08 said:

I hope they are not. The last moments of a life cut short are rarely good things, and will do nothing to make then more heroic than they are now.

Let them stand as heros and patriots that they are now, and let his last words known to this world be "let's roll".
This makes a certain psychological sense. Especially if historians of it or those seeking to reconstruct it have heard it and can say in prose what unfolded. It sounds like that has been done. In fact, it would be enough to have it accessible to listen to in an archive, but not ever just placed on the open circuit. That works well enough--those interested enough can make the trouble to do so.
Tibbers
it's very odd that you can find plenty of recordings from other Flight 93 calls but it's as if this one, something so pivotal and monumental is impossible to find. I understand the respect for the dead but if that was the reasoning, then we would not have these calls as well. There are two points of contact that would have the recording of the call. Did Todd call his wife as well? Everyone else on board called their loved ones, but not Todd? Why? It just seems odd is all.

Ag_of_08
AG
titan said:

Ag_of_08 said:

This makes a certain psychological sense. Especially if historians of it or those seeking to reconstruct it have heard it and can say in prose what unfolded. It sounds like that has been done. In fact, it would be enough to have it accessible to listen to in an archive, but not ever just placed on the open circuit. That works well enough--those interested enough can make the trouble to do so.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being available to historians, many of the 911 calls are available to first responders for training that aren't, at least in their majority, available to the public.

I just don't want to see them butchered in the public realm. As the event fades farther and farther from living memory, it will be tried.. . Look at the public destruction of the memorial display, or the growing disdain in which the pre 9/11 generation has treated the event.
Tibbers
https://brock911.fandom.com/wiki/Lisa_Jefferson

Fascinating read about the call itself, how the FBI asked her to keep it secret and some very strange differences in facts throughout the telling of the story. Knowing the FBI's reputation now, I'm curious as to why they went to such great lengths to keep all of that under wraps while other calls were free to be released only a day after. Such a bizarre story but it indeed was recorder yet we will never hear it. To further the oddity, his wife hasn't even listened to the call. She only was read a transcript from Lisa Jefferson's recollection. GTE calls are recorded and they reportedly had the FBI on the line as well. Yet, the wife was not free to listen to the call? Bizarre. It's almost as if it didn't happen the way the transcript reads.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:13
fka ftc
SWC Ag said:

cz308 said:

Rebel Yell said:

Are you guys ready?……..

Let's Roll……………………
Holy ****! Guess I've never seen this or read this. Wow, that's tough to read.

Honest question. Are you relatively young?
I ask because Beamers "Let's Roll" is a piece of American history. His rally cry has been celebrated for two decades.

The tapes I hope are released to the public in my lifetime are the audio of the passengers fighting back and breaking into the cockpit. They've been played for the United 93 family members that wanted to hear them. Apparently it's extremely violent (as one would expect) but also leaves no doubt that these men made into into the cockpit before the chicken **** terrorists put into into the ground.
I doubt the actual CVR recordings are ever released. The families who listened were against it. But the transcript of the CVR is available: https://www.nps.gov/flni/learn/historyculture/cockpit-voice-recorder-transcript.htm

I have read it a few times through. The most definitely breached the cockpit, but I believe the jihadists plan B was to put the plane into the dirt, ensuring none of the terrorists would be found alive.

The CVR and FDR are typically located in the tail were found 25 feet deep. On one hand, its incredible that it penetrated that far, on the other hand the force crushed a 155ft plane into 30-40 feet hole.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
fka ftc
This is a good watch from Fox Nation. Crazy story about how these were lost then found,
https://www.foxnews.com/media/lost-calls-of-911-bill-hemmer-fox-nation
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
DargelSkout
AG
For some reason I always thought Todd Beamer was talking to his wife on the phone not an operator.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I don't think this is real. I haven't been able to find any official transcript reported of this, only typed words on social media. A 911 operator wouldn't talk to someone like this, and the United 93 crashed 4 minutes after the first tower collapsed so it's highly unlikely the operator would have said "The World Trade Center is gone."

Seems like just a viral social media thing.
K2-HMFIC
Nonregdrummer09 said:

I don't think this is real. I haven't been able to find any official transcript reported of this, only typed words on social media. A 911 operator wouldn't talk to someone like this, and the United 93 crashed 4 minutes after the first tower collapsed so it's highly unlikely the operator would have said "The World Trade Center is gone."

It's not real.
aTmAg
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

It was not a 911 operator. It was the GTE Airfone call center.
redcrayon
AG
Tibbers said:

it's very odd that you can find plenty of recordings from other Flight 93 calls but it's as if this one, something so pivotal and monumental is impossible to find. I understand the respect for the dead but if that was the reasoning, then we would not have these calls as well. There are two points of contact that would have the recording of the call. Did Todd call his wife as well? Everyone else on board called their loved ones, but not Todd? Why? It just seems odd is all.

Todd tried to call his wife but was disconnected.

Phone Calls from Flight 93 - Flight 93 National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
43 shot that plane down
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down
GTFOH
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
SWC Ag said:

LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down
GTFOH

“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Ghost91
Quote:

Todd: We've hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we'll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We'll get them….and we'll take them out.

I love "Let's Roll", but the two quotes bolded above are equally badass. Love how confident he is - not "we'll try to do XYZ"….."We will.
Iowaggie
AG
Todd Beamer was my friend in college. I see him as a hero, but I also knew his wife Lisa, and I think about her having to tell their kids David and Drew what happened and how their dad is never coming home again. It all makes me very sad.

Todd never got to see his son play football, but I did. His son teaches math now in Nashville.

Here is Lisa speaking at chapel at WC this past Friday.

Iowaggie
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

Todd Beamer's dad discusses the watch

thirdcoast
AG
LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down

To be honest, everything we have seen with FBI and CIA against Trump has me slightly questioning the validity of the flight 93 story....whereas before, I pretty much accepted it as fact.

Our gov leaders have proven they will let a stolen election stand, push a bogus COVID origin theory, and manipulate public messaging to push vaccines by any means. They lie because they think it's noble and in the public's interest.

I would bet on flight 93 going down the way it's been reported, but also wouldn't be suprised if it was an elaborate smoke screen for a justified military strike. IF it was shot down, we all know telling the truth simply wasn't an option. Bush has plausible deniability as he gave the order to strike, but was then informed of the heroic acts that brought plane down before his order was executed.
titan
S

No, not least because don't really see as that decisive that quick. Second, there was no need to "justify" anything. If that happened. Like you said, it would have been warranted. And there are subtle clues that point against it being made up. Just think of how made up things tend to sound for a minute, what they tend to do.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
thirdcoast said:

LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down

To be honest, everything we have seen with FBI and CIA against Trump has me slightly questioning the validity of the flight 93 story....whereas before, I pretty much accepted it as fact.

Our gov leaders have proven they will let a stolen election stand, push a bogus COVID origin theory, and manipulate public messaging to push vaccines by any means. They lie because they think it's noble and in the public's interest.

I would bet on flight 93 going down the way it's been reported, but also wouldn't be suprised if it was an elaborate smoke screen for a justified military strike. IF it was shot down, we all know telling the truth simply wasn't an option. Bush has plausible deniability as he gave the order to strike, but was then informed of the heroic acts that brought plane down before his order was executed.
The family members that have listened to the tapes have recognized the voices of their loved ones, in particular Tom Burnett's wife said she could pretty clearly hear her husband telling others that he was inured and to continue fighting.

Why would they lie about that?

Of course this is where the conspiracy theorists chime in with "they're lying because they were threatened/paid off/asked to" or "The tapes were faked and played for the family to enhance the psyop on the American people" etc. etc.. There's always another door to open with those folks, nothing's ever good enough.
TamuKid
AG
United 93 was not shot down. It's disrespectful to the brave men and women that thwarted the terrorists plans that day.

Multiple heroes on board that plane broke into the cockpit and forced the terrorists to drive the plane into the ground early. There are audio recordings from the cockpit of the struggle, from the terrorist pilot saying "when they all come we finish it off" and "pull it down pull it down", and audio between ATC and NEAD. The civilian/military communication was behind the hijackers all day. They couldn't identify and track the potentially hijacked planes and scramble fighters jets quick enough to respond. It hit the ground at over 500 miles per hour and created a 30 foot deep crater.

thirdcoast
AG
Like I said, I would bet the tapes are legit and it happened the way we have been told. Can sounds be faked (or certain sounds omitted) for emotional family to hear what they are expecting to hear? Yes. Also, I'm not questioning chatter about their heroic plans, just the part on them bringing plane down vs getting brought down by a military strike. Having a controlled audio share with family, and just giving the public a transcript doesnt help with speculation.

FDR fooled an entire country with his disability. The problem in this 9/11 scenario, is that anyone questioning it is immediately labeled unpatriotic and seen as denigrating American heros. There is just too much emotion involved to do a probabilistic analysis that produces anything short of 100% certainty in the official story.

I'd say there is a 20% chance it was shot down. Most here will say 0% chance. We agree on the same evidence, I just end up at 80% while others here end up at 95%+.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
SWC Ag said:

thirdcoast said:

LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down

The family members that have listened to the tapes have recognized the voices of their loved ones, in particular Tom Burnett's wife said she could pretty clearly hear her husband telling others that he was inured and to continue fighting.

Of course this is where the conspiracy theorists chime in with "they're lying because they were threatened/paid off/asked to" or "The tapes were faked and played for the family to enhance the psyop on the American people" etc. etc.. There's always another door to open with those folks, nothing's ever good enough.
Perhaps the families want it to be true. Regardless of how it went down, the important part is the victims. We must never forget them and must cherish their memories forever. God bless the USA...
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
thirdcoast said:

Like I said, I would bet the tapes are legit and it happened the way we have been told. Can sounds be faked (or certain sounds omitted) for emotional family to hear what they are expecting to hear? Yes. Also, I'm not questioning chatter about their heroic plans, just the part on them bringing plane down vs getting brought down by a military strike. Having a controlled audio share with family, and just giving the public a transcript doesnt help with speculation.

FDR fooled an entire country with his disability. The problem in this 9/11 scenario, is that anyone questioning it is immediately labeled unpatriotic and seen as denigrating American heros. There is just too much emotion involved to do a probabilistic analysis that produces anything short of 100% certainty in the official story.

I'd say there is a 20% chance it was shot down. Most here will say 0% chance. We agree on the same evidence, I just end up at 80% while others here end up at 95%+.
He was able to do that with a press that understood the importance of doing so for the sake of the country.
The press today couldn't fathom that. If there was something to be found and be reported on, it would have been.
Especially given it was a Republican administration. Anything that could have been spun as a negative against Bush would have been.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
LDA9336 said:

SWC Ag said:

thirdcoast said:

LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down

Perhaps the families want it to be true. Regardless of how it went down, the important part is the victims. We must never forget them and must cherish their memories forever. God bless the USA...
You sully their memory by suggesting it was shot down.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
SWC Ag said:

LDA9336 said:

SWC Ag said:

thirdcoast said:

LDA9336 said:

43 shot that plane down

You sully their memory by suggesting it was shot down.
It wasn't a suggestion.
thirdcoast
AG
SWC Ag said:

He was able to do that with a press that understood the importance of doing so for the sake of the country.
The press today couldn't fathom that. If there was something to be found and be reported on, it would have been.
Especially given it was a Republican administration. Anything that could have been spun as a negative against Bush would have been.

The press wasn't anything like it is today, back then during the dial up internet days. The extreme hyperpartisan division today didn't exist back in early 2000s. Also, 9/11 was/is a topic that brought us all together in a good vs evil fight, with flight 93 clearly on the good side.

So back then it would still be suicide for a media outlet to denigrate flight 93 heros. Just like today it's suicide to undermine the integrity of our election process by claiming Dems cheated in 2020.

I'm not saying there is anything to be found that hasn't been found already. Most people here claim 100% certainty based on audio they are told exists, but haven't heard. I come in at 80%, not 100%, so I guess that makes me a bad citizen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.