Stanford study- Covid 19 mortality percentages

8,882 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rocky Rider
OldSaltAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ogden nash
Strategy said:

So I have a higher chance of being killed in a car accident.

Have I stopped driving?

About 38,000 per year die in the U.S. from auto accidents. There have been more than 600,000 Covid deaths in about 18 months. So your chances of being killed in a car accident are far less than dying of Covid.

You haven't stopped driving, but I would guess you take precautions, like using a shoulder restraint, following traffic rules, and watching out for idiots that don't follow the traffic rules.
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
hudmoon
AG
Don't forget the 40,000 average flu deaths per year. Somehow only 640 people in the US died from the flu last year.
2aggiesmom
Jarrin' Jay said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Facts:

COVID is not a danger to most people even without the vaccine

The media and politicians are creating a false atmosphere of fear about how deadly COVID is in order to increase control over our lives and enrich themselves all the public's expense

These facts are indisputable if you aren't a leftist sheep

Pretty much this. There was a new story the other day about youth in the hospital for COVID and they were talking like it was the black death plague...... right up until the point it was pointed out that it was a fraction of the # of youth hospitalizations for any random year during flu season....
There is a youtube video that I unfortunately do not know how to successfully link. " All questions COVID with Dr.Al Johnson and Dr. Peter McCollough " Everyone should listen to this. Dr. McCollough testified before the Texas Senate on early treatment for Covid. They discuss who needs early treatment and exactly what treatment is needed. In discussing children he sad there has only been one death out of the 300+ childhood deaths that was a healthy child. Texas A&M related because they have been treating people in the Honduras.
Bobaloo
Would be interesting to see if the vaccine made it worse..
BigRobSA
Bobaloo said:

Would be interesting to see if the vaccine made it worse..

How DARE you disparage TamiFraud!?

It doesn't do much for the Fru, but it cures gout, braids hair and stops hiccups!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
The_Fox
ogden nash said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

About 38,000 per year die in the U.S. from auto accidents. There have been more than 600,000 Covid deaths in about 18 months. So your chances of being killed in a car accident are far less than dying of Covid.

You haven't stopped driving, but I would guess you take precautions, like using a shoulder restraint, following traffic rules, and watching out for idiots that don't follow the traffic rules.

I do not wear a seat belt. Ever. I treat traffic laws like suggestions. I do watch out for idiot drivers. I can usually identify them because they are masked up or have democratic political bumper stickers.

Had COVId in November. It was like allergies. Tested positive for antibodies 3 weeks ago.

Are we doing this COVId thing? Why?
Ags4DaWin
Sid Farkas said:

hudmoon said:

Age Infection Survival Rate
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all).
How many of those tiny %'s who died were fatties?

studies show 80%
TAMUallen
AG
hudmoon said:

" For persons 0-19 years, the median IFR was one death per 37,000 persons with COVID-19 infection"

We must make the kids wear masks, go to class online and get a shot that has complications
57 STATES!
The_Fox said:

ogden nash said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

I do not wear a seat belt. Ever. I treat traffic laws like suggestions. I do watch out for idiot drivers.

Wearing seatbelts are actually more dangerous than not, and please don't come at me with any fake news government statistics.
The_Fox
57 STATES! said:

The_Fox said:

ogden nash said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

I do not wear a seat belt. Ever. I treat traffic laws like suggestions. I do watch out for idiot drivers.

Wearing seatbelts are actually more dangerous than not, and please don't come at me with any fake news government statistics.
I don't tie myself to no horse. I sure as hell ain't tying myself to no car.

Well, at least that is what my grandfather told the DPS Trooper when I was eight years old.
ChemAg15
AG
ogden nash said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

I see you completely disregarded the age break down. What does covid death vs car accident look like for 18 year olds? How does it compare if you're 30?
gtaggie_08
AG
I watched this video a few weeks back that talked about obesity and heart disease being the number 1 killer for COVID, but another factor that ranked highly for those that died from Covid was fear or anxiety of the disease. I had it but didn't care and wasn't concerned based on age and relative health but those that take in too much MSM probably think that people are dying in the streets as they walk.

DrEvazanPhD
Sounds like there's a psychosomatic factor as well?
agracer
AG
ogden nash said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

Now do it by age group.

Because almost no one has said the vulnerable should not take the vaccine. In fact, many said just that. Give it to them first.

Children are far more likely to die in a car accident. When the vaccine mandate parents/crowd is willing to have trackers installed on their vehicles and if they speed, swerve or are deemed to "drive dangerously " they'll lose their license and be forced to take public transport in the name of child safety, maybe I'll listen.
taxpreparer
AG
ogden nash said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

The covid death rates are for infected persons. To compare to car accident deaths you would have limit it to deaths per accident.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
WolfCall
AG
Quote:

"Across all countries (Figure 3), the median IFR [infection fatality rate] was 0.0027%, 0.014%, 0.031%, 0.082%, 0.27%, and 0.59%, at 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60-69 years, "
Subtract out the deaths of obese and diabetes in the those under forty......
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
gtaggie_08
AG
It sounded kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy meets a doomsday outlook. If you are scared of what happens and get the virus, you resign yourself to be a victim and plan for the worst result
sharpdressedman
The Stanford study is irrelevant and not worthy of reportage because it conflicts with the administration's hysterical narrative.
TxAgPreacher
S
hudmoon said:

New Covid Pre-print:
Drs Ioannidis & Axfors at Stanford

Age Infection Survival Rate
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210v1

Study was released last month.

For stupid people like me... does this number factor in how likey you are to die IF you catch it? What I mean is, is it 99.9 survival rate and that's only if you catch it or does this include your likeliness to catch it? In other words is this the case fatality rate or is it deeper than that?

Does it account for all the asymptomatic non diagnosed cases in any way?
Rocky Rider
AG
waitwhat? said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

1876er said:

Can you show your work? How did you come to the conclusion that you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident?
What I found ... also in 2019 there were 2,854,838 total deaths in a population of 328,239,523 in the US
that is 0.00869742307

If my math is right (let me know if it isn't) your overall chance of dying in 2019 was 1 in 769
(10000/13)

2019 Odds of dying in the USA

That's lifetime odds. I found year by year odds more interesting.

A typical commuter has about a 1 in 5,000 chance of dying in a car crash in a normal year. This is similar to the chance of an otherwise healthy 30 year old dying from COVID-19 if he gets infected. Yet they still happily go on accepting the risk of dying in car crashes by driving places they don't need to go, simply for pleasure.

Risk assessment has just been totally thrown away over the past year and a half.

Then there should be a helmet mandate for driving.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.