Stanford study- Covid 19 mortality percentages

8,880 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rocky Rider
hudmoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New Covid Pre-print:
Drs Ioannidis & Axfors at Stanford

Age Infection Survival Rate
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210v1

Study was released last month.
Strategy
AG
So I have a higher chance of being killed in a car accident.

Have I stopped driving?

Nope.

Do people die everyday?

Yep.

Why am I so scared and injecting myself with shots that have a lower effective rate than my own God given immune system?

FEAR.

Did God give me spirit of fear?

No.

Should I make decisions infear?

No.

Who wants me be weak and fearful?

Satan.

What do I do about him?

Pray that he has no dominion over you and your family and send his ass back to hell where he belongs...along with this weak ass virus.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]."

2 Timothy 2:7 AMP

So when I see individuals, groups, media, government, etc operating in fear and promoting hysteria is that if God?

Nope.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Is that with vaccine or without?
mazag08
AG
Now they should do just the ones who died OF covid, not with it.
CinchAG97
Champ Bailey said:

The data is from 2020, so pre-vaccine.

Highlights to me how flawed most people's understanding of the danger of this virus based on the media propaganda. There are so many people who are convinced of two things 1) they are going to die for sure if they get the virus and 2) it's only a matter of time before I get it.

The second thing is likely true. The first lie that people tell themselves is what is leading to poor policy decisions.
waitwhat?
Champ Bailey said:

Pretty sure this is without the vaccine. This is what it's been the entire time.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Rapier108
But, but Delta Variant! /Covidians
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
1876er
AG
Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

Nope.

Do people die everyday?

Yep.

Why am I so scared and injecting myself with shots that have a lower effective rate than my own God given immune system?

FEAR.

No.

Should I make decision is fear?

No.

Satan.

What do I do about him?

Pray that he has no dominion over you and your family and send his ass back to hell where he belongs...along with this weak ass virus.

Can you show your work? How did you come to the conclusion that you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident?
Sid Farkas
AG
hudmoon said:

0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all).
How many of those tiny %'s who died were fatties?
FTAG 2000
AG
Would like to see a refresh with vaccines in play, especially VAED and ADE possibilities.
Cassius
So for 39 and below, you have a greater chance of being murdered each year than dying of covid.
hudmoon
AG
This study was based on 23 peer reviewed studies over 14 countries using the most up to date versions of these reviews. The most recent reviewed study was updated on March 16,2021
Ag In Ok
AG
Curious what it would be without the big five co-morbidities and how that compares to the flu.
WolfCall
AG
Quote:

Infection fatality rate of COVID-19 in community-dwelling populations with emphasis on the elderly: An overview
Cathrine Axfors, John P.A.
doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210
This article is a preprint and has not been peer-reviewed [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

ABSTRACT
Background: The infection fatality rate (IFR) of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) varies widely according to age and residence status

Data Synthesis Twenty-three seroprevalence surveys representing 14 countries were included. Across all countries, the median IFR in community-dwelling elderly and elderly overall was 2.4% (range 0.3%-7.2%) and 5.5% (range 0.3%-12.1%). IFR was higher with larger proportions of people >85 years. Younger age strata had low IFR values (median 0.0027%, 0.014%, 0.031%, 0.082%, 0.27%, and 0.59%, at 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60-69 years).
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
hudmoon
AG
" For persons 0-19 years, the median IFR was one death per 37,000 persons with COVID-19 infection"
texagbeliever
hudmoon said:

New Covid Pre-print:

0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all)

Sorry I'm lazy, but can this also be paired with comorbidity data? Do these percentages go up (less deadly) if you don't account for people in car accidents, stage 4 cancer, organ failure, etc?
hudmoon
AG
I am still reading through the full text, but I have not found anything relating to pre esxisting conditions including obesity . I agree that this data is critical and more than likely makes the survival rate even higher than it already is.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Asthmatics and children are less likely to have issues with Covid

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2020.550571/full#h3

TLDR: fewer ace 2 enzyme cells in the body means less chances of Covid getting a foot hold. Asthmatics and children both have lower expressions.

I know this isn't exactly on topic here but thought it was appropriate for the conversation
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
They mention obesity rates in there
hudmoon
AG
From what I take away from it is that these numbers do not include deaths like the cdc data does. Unless something has changed with the cdc reporting, if you die within 28 days of testing positive you would be considered a covid death. Including car accident or jumping off a bridge.
Cassius
hudmoon
AG
Thanks
waitwhat?
hudmoon said:

" For persons 0-19 years, the median IFR was one death per 37,000 persons with COVID-19 infection"
Likely lower than this. Based on the CDC's estimate that only 1 in 4.3 infections were recorded, and that minors make up about 35,000,000 of total infections, the estimated IFR would be about 0.001% or 1 in 100,000. And that's a rather low end estimate for the true number of infections that occurred.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
TexasAggie_02
AG
Champ Bailey said:

reading the paper, it appears to be a summary of other research papers that start in 2020 and go thru march of 2021. so i would assume vaccine data is very limited in this meta-analysis
B-1 83
AG
1876er said:

Strategy said:

Have I stopped driving?

Nope.

Do people die everyday?

Yep.

FEAR.

No.

Should I make decision is fear?

No.

Satan.

What do I do about him?

Can you show your work? How did you come to the conclusion that you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident?
Are you new here? This is F16 and someone is rambling about COVID.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Facts:

COVID is not a danger to most people even without the vaccine

The media and politicians are creating a false atmosphere of fear about how deadly COVID is in order to increase control over our lives and enrich themselves all the public's expense

These facts are indisputable if you aren't a leftist sheep
Funky Winkerbean
AG
hudmoon said:

This study doesn't include the delta variant. I bet if that was included, it would be more like 2 in 74,000 cases. In other words, it's TWICE as bad. /lib
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
hudmoon said:

New Covid Pre-print:

0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all)

If the data is from 2020, it is probably also missing the impact of newer therapeutics.
Zobel
AG
If you weight those age ranges by US population, you get somewhere between 99.3% and 99.6% (depending on what IFR you use for 70+), or an IFR of 0.38% to 0.73%.

As far as I know this is roughly the estimate that's been in use for IFR since 2020. I believe the blended IFR for the US estimated in the infamous Ferguson paper was 0.6%.

What is kind of interesting is if you take those numbers and multiply them by the entire US population, you get a possible total of 1.2 to 2.4 million, with over 80% of those being 60+.

And, if you lever that out with the current total deaths, you get that we're somewhere between 25-50% through the impact. If you take the current numbers for deaths under 29 (2991 in the country) and the total inferred from the paper is 8522, showing roughly 35% through.

Numbers all jive, and these numbers should get smaller going forward due to the vaccines. Thanks for sharing the paper.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Facts:

COVID is not a danger to most people even without the vaccine

The media and politicians are creating a false atmosphere of fear about how deadly COVID is in order to increase control over our lives and enrich themselves all the public's expense

These facts are indisputable if you aren't a leftist sheep

Pretty much this. There was a new story the other day about youth in the hospital for COVID and they were talking like it was the black death plague...... right up until the point it was pointed out that it was a fraction of the # of youth hospitalizations for any random year during flu season....
hudmoon
AG
Troutslime said:

hudmoon said:

This study doesn't include the delta variant. I bet if that was included, it would be more like 2 in 74,000 cases. In other words, it's TWICE as bad. /lib

Exactly
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
1876er said:

What I found ... also in 2019 there were 2,854,838 total deaths in a population of 328,239,523 in the US
that is 0.00869742307

If my math is right (let me know if it isn't) your overall chance of dying in 2019 was 1 in 769
(10000/13)

2019 Odds of dying in the USA

Artorias
AG
Zobel said:

If you weight those age ranges by US population, you get somewhere between 99.3% and 99.6% (depending on what IFR you use for 70+), or an IFR of 0.38% to 0.73%.
Sounds like we should definitely lock everything down indefinitely, and mandate masks for everyone. This virus is going to be the end of humanity!
waitwhat?
LoudestWHOOP! said:

1876er said:

What I found ... also in 2019 there were 2,854,838 total deaths in a population of 328,239,523 in the US
that is 0.00869742307

If my math is right (let me know if it isn't) your overall chance of dying in 2019 was 1 in 769
(10000/13)

That's lifetime odds. I found year by year odds more interesting.

A typical commuter has about a 1 in 5,000 chance of dying in a car crash in a normal year. This is similar to the chance of an otherwise healthy 30 year old dying from COVID-19 if he gets infected. Yet they still happily go on accepting the risk of dying in car crashes by driving places they don't need to go, simply for pleasure.

Risk assessment has just been totally thrown away over the past year and a half.

TEXIT
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
waitwhat? said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

1876er said:

that is 0.00869742307

(10000/13)

That's lifetime odds. I found year by year odds more interesting.

A typical commuter has about a 1 in 5,000 chance of dying in a car crash in a normal year. This is similar to the chance of an otherwise healthy 30 year old dying from COVID-19 if he gets infected. Yet they still happily go on accepting the risk of dying in car crashes by driving places they don't need to go, simply for pleasure.

Risk assessment has just been totally thrown away over the past year and a half.
Thank you for the clarification.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.