Pandemic of the vaccinated in Massachusetts

6,442 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bogdonovich
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be sure to click the link and check out the total losers in their custom jerseys.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cdc-data-shows-that-74-of-people-who-tested-positive-for-the-virus-in-massachusetts-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated-11627665558

Quote:

CDC data shows that 74% of people who tested positive for the virus in Massachusetts outbreak were fully vaccinated

A federal investigation into a COVID-19 outbreak earlier this month in a part of Massachusetts that is home to Cape Cod and Provincetown found that 74% of the 469 infections were among vaccinated people, a finding that raises questions about the prevalence of breakthrough infections.

The research, published Friday afternoon by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is the latest indicator that people who are fully vaccinated may need to return to mask wearing, social distancing, and other mitigation measures as the more infectious delta variant tears through the U.S.
Rapier108
This is the incident they're using to push masks and lock downs.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BigRobSA
Sounds like the only true "immunity" is from actually having the weakass virus infect you.

The vaccines seem to have issues, big and small, whereas natural immunity conveys a stronger immunity as would be expected.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
ironmanag
AG
Never again.
FriscoKid
AG
Rapier108 said:

This is the incident they're using to push masks and lock downs.
That won't solve anything.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I didn't even notice until I took a second look that the two morons proudly displaying their vaccinated t-shirts are sitting in the outfield by themselves outdoors with nobody around them and are still wearing masks. I just can't anymore.
Teslag
AG
BigRobSA said:

Sounds like the only true "immunity" is from actually having the weakass virus infect you.

The vaccines seem to have issues, big and small, whereas natural immunity conveys a stronger immunity as would be expected.

This is completely false.
jefe95
Garrelli 5000
AG
I bet this guy has that same shirt.

samurai_science
Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Wrong, UK and Israel show the vaccines are worse against Delta, and this:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.
Mondemonium
Quote:

Earlier this week, the CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, also said that new data had revealed that people who are vaccinated and test positive for the virus can carry the same viral load as people who are unvaccinated and test positive for the virus. This research found that cycle threshold (Ct) values in samples from 127 fully vaccinated people and 84 unvaccinated people were similar.
Crap. This isn't going away, is it?
Teslag
AG
samurai_texan said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Wrong, UK and Israel show the vaccines are worse against Delta, and this:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.

Weird how you never post about American numbers showing that it's basically only the unvaccinated who are still dying here.
beerad12man
AG
469 infections. 7 hospitalizations, 0 deaths.

So again, among the vaccinated, it's a common cold or flu. Give 469 people the flu and you'd get basically the same hospital numbers. Maybe even a death or 2. Yet, this is what they used. Or at least, are saying they used.
BigRobSA
Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

The immunity from the vaccines are cubic zirconia to natural immunity's diamonds.

We keep hearing about vaxxed populations getting infected, when the original claims were it was 95% protective. Now, the mantra is it's not truly protective, but will diminish infection symptoms (for the few that actually have them). That right there is suspect...especially without vast populations of the naturally immune getting reinfected.

I'd imagine vaxxed previously infecteds are like ****ing Wolverine for this weak *****
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
beerad12man
AG
Mondemonium said:

Quote:

Earlier this week, the CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, also said that new data had revealed that people who are vaccinated and test positive for the virus can carry the same viral load as people who are unvaccinated and test positive for the virus. This research found that cycle threshold (Ct) values in samples from 127 fully vaccinated people and 84 unvaccinated people were similar.
I stil think so, but not holding my breath. I think this is it's last hurrah. One more wave. Take credit for last minute resctrions/recommendation to get numbers down, declare victory, etc.

There will be more seasonal/endemic waves, but none this big.
Teslag
AG
beerad12man said:

So again, among the vaccinated, it's a common cold or flu. Give 469 people the flu and you'd get basically the same hospital numbers. Maybe even a death or 2. Yet, this is what they used. Or at least, are saying they used.

Shhhhhh, they think covid and sars-cov-2 are one in the same
Ag In Ok
AG
PCR tested?
Teslag
AG
BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

The immunity from the vaccines are cubic zirconia to natural immunity's diamonds.

We keep hearing about vaxxed populations getting infected, when the original claims were it was 95% protective. Now, the mantra is it's not truly protective, but will diminish infection symptoms (for the few that actually have them). That right there is suspect...especially without vast populations of the naturally immune getting reinfected.

I'd imagine vaxxed previously infecteds are like ****ing Wolverine for this weak *****

It's false because you don't seem to know the difference between covid and infection with the virus. Or that the efficacy studies were based on preventing covid, not infection.

I agree that prior immunity means you don't need the vaccine. And it may very well be stronger than the vaccine. But to claim the vaccine doesn't work against covid when you confuse it with infection is just pure ignorance.
BigRobSA
beerad12man said:

Mondemonium said:

Quote:

I stil think so, but not holding my breath. I think this is it's last hurrah. One more wave. Take credit for last minute resctrions/recommendation to get numbers down, declare victory, etc.

There will be more seasonal/endemic waves, but none this big.

It'll be like it's more deadly, step-cousin, the flu. Same issue in that regard.
KidDoc
AG
Almost all of them had minor cold symptoms. Terrifying.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
beerad12man
AG
This is an argument FOR the vaccines for critical thinkers. Get 469 people covid, and based on all data it would be 2.8 deaths(0.6% is the CDCs best current guess), and 14+ hospitalizations(Roughly 3% guess). Instead, it's 0 and 7.

Okay, this might not seem like a big reduction. Now lets extrapolate this data over 469,000 people. 0 deaths versus 2814,, and 7,000 hospitalizations versus 14,070. Yes, I know this is a bit simplistic thinking, as it's a small sample size, but it's a starting point.

You know, it's okay You can admit covid is fairly weak for most. You can be tough, trust your immune system, hate masks, lockdowns, think this was all overblown, and yet still admit vaccines are helping.
Teslag
AG
beerad12man said:

This is an argument FOR the vaccines for critical thinkers. Get 469 people covid, and based on all data it would be 2.8 deaths(0.6% is the CDCs best current guess), and 14+ hospitalizations(Roughly 3% guess). Instead, it's 0 and 7.

Okay, this might not seem like a big reduction. Now lets extrapolate this data over 469,000 people. 0 deaths versus 2814,, and 7,000 hospitalizations versus 14,070. Yes, I know this is a bit simplistic thinking, as it's a small sample size, but it's a starting point.

You know, it's okay You can admit covid is fairly weak for most. You can be tough, trust your immune system, hate masks, lockdowns, think this was all overblown, and yet still admit vaccines are helping.
oldcrow91
AG
beerad12man said:

Sounds like a pretty good outcome from the vax.

Now they are covered belt and suspenders.

If I hadn't had it and now have verified antibodies, I would probably get it since Some might put me in the old category.
FriscoKid
AG
Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

It's false because you don't seem to know the difference between covid and infection with the virus. Or that the efficacy studies were based on preventing covid, not infection.

I agree that prior immunity means you don't need the vaccine. And it may very well be stronger than the vaccine. But to claim the vaccine doesn't work against covid when you confuse it with infection is just pure ignorance.
I don't get your point that you have continued to try and make over the past week on this subject.

People that got the vaccine have gotten sick and can spread it to others. Stop acting like the vaccine is some kind of savior. Maybe it lessens the symptoms. I hope it does, but this is not how it was sold.

And yes, this is moving the goalposts. It moved from immunity to "not as sick".
beerad12man
AG
Then again, it appears delta might not carry the same CFR/IFR as alpha or previous variants, just based on data with unvaccinated / vaccinated

There's a lot of factors here. But I still can't see much of an argument that vaccines aren't reducing deaths.
Teslag
AG
FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

I don't get your point that you have continued to try and make over the past week on this subject.

People that got the vaccine have gotten sick and can spread it to others. Stop acting like the vaccine is some kind of savior. Maybe it lessens the symptoms. I hope it does, but this is not how it was sold.

Except if you actually read the efficacy studies thats exactly how it was sold
beerad12man
AG
FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

I mean, it really was. It was sold as something that would lessen the severity of symptoms. That was all the talk last November/December. However, around January-March, encouraging, yet obviously premature data came out suggesting it might prevent infection altogether. So it was then definitely oversold in this regards. But this was always the bonus, never the main purpose.
FriscoKid
AG
Salute The Marines said:

FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

Teslag
AG
And again, the vaccine does appear to provide a significant immunity to covid, but not against infection from sars-cov-2.

If you can't see the difference in those two there's really no way to dumb it down any further.
Teslag
AG
FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

You can post all the memes you want. But it's clear as day in the published studies from December.
Deputy Travis Junior
beerad12man said:

Yep. This board loves to repeat that case numbers don't matter until it's infections among the vaccinated. Then they matter.

Also, of course most of the infections are among the vaccinated up there. That's because ~80% of the 18+ age group is fully vaccinated and ~90% has gotten at least the first shot. Taking this to its extreme, in a fully vaccinated population, 100% of the cases will be among the vaccinated!!!
baseballaficionado
There is a reason for the mad push for the vaccine -- they realize the truth about it being ineffective is getting around and the money grab is about to end.
Teslag
AG
From as far back as October

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20201027/early-vaccines-wil-prevent-symptoms-not-virus

Quote:

mportantly, the initial COVID-19 vaccines will prevent symptoms in those who become infected with the coronavirus rather than kill the virus itself, Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during the Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit on Monday.

"The primary thing you want to do is that if people get infected, prevent them from getting sick, and if you prevent them from getting sick, you will ultimately prevent them from getting seriously ill," he said.

Preventing symptoms is a "primary endpoint" in the vaccine development process, Fauci said. Getting rid of the virus altogether is considered a "secondary endpoint."

FriscoKid
AG
Salute The Marines said:

From as far back as October

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20201027/early-vaccines-wil-prevent-symptoms-not-virus

Quote:

mportantly, the initial COVID-19 vaccines will prevent symptoms in those who become infected with the coronavirus rather than kill the virus itself, Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during the Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit on Monday.

"The primary thing you want to do is that if people get infected, prevent them from getting sick, and if you prevent them from getting sick, you will ultimately prevent them from getting seriously ill," he said.

Preventing symptoms is a "primary endpoint" in the vaccine development process, Fauci said. Getting rid of the virus altogether is considered a "secondary endpoint."

Lots and lots of vaccinated people are getting symptoms. Or in lay terms, they are getting sick. Are you really ignoring this? F84 is full of people telling their stories about how they got the vaccine, but then they still got sick. The vaccine is doing a piss poor job at "preventing symptoms".
BigRobSA
FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

FriscoKid said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

Salute The Marines said:

BigRobSA said:

no, it's not.

Yep. It was sold, here and everywhere, as a 95% effective vaccine that prevented people from even getting infected.

I'm not anti-vaxx, I think it's up to each adult to weigh the pluses and minuses and decide. I think giving it to children is like giving Superman a vaccine and tantamount to child abuse with the knowledge we have now. But it was sold, publicly, as almost the elixir of life against COVID.

It still seems to have some positives as it lessens symptoms, but that isn't how it was sold and to claim such is either sheer ignorance or plain evil deception.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.