U.S. reports 96,085 new coronavirus cases, biggest one-day increase since February

5,221 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Proper Twelve
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If people are getting coronavirus then break out the HCQ and the invermectin. What's the damn deal?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Proper Twelve
beerad12man said:

Deaths from covid are less than respiratory illnesses during the middle of most flu seasons.

Flu kills 20-80k per year. However most of this occurs over a 3-4 month period. Let's assume 50k deaths during flu season, 120 days. That 416 deaths per day from the flu over 4 months Period during the heart of flu season. This is just for the flu. We actually have 200k lower respiratory illnesses overall every year. Or 550 per day year round. Covid is currently around 250 per day.

Tired of it. Tired of the bs. This is an endemic virus we have turned into the flu. It will always be with us, and if we keep testing the way we do, scaring the eff out of people the way we do, advertising and tracking it daily the way we do, turning one another against each other the way we do, we will cease to ever break out of this.

And this is probably trending to become less than the flu in short order, since vaccines are better(for death) and natural immunity is longer lasting to coronaviruses than flu viruses

Covid is the flu rebranded

If the media did nonstop flu death coverage, everyone would freak out.
Beerosch
AG
Chuck Gay said:

PaulC_80 said:

The so called vaccine is a complete failure. Apparently over half the people testing positive are fully vaccinated.

Yet, every last single man, woman and child (plus the other 67 genders) MUST get the vaccine. Why is the question I keep asking ? ? ? What do we not know about these vaccines ? ? ?

Big Pharma generally spends 7-10 years and tests +100 different compounds before they can find one drug that is both safe and effective. But, we are supposed to believe that Big Pharma was able to create 3 unique but safe and effective vaccines in only 6 months ? ??

Two of the vaccines were using a completely new technology. Yet no long term testing ? ? ?

We have absolutely no idea what the long term effects of these vaccines might be, and we will not know for another 5-7 years.
These charts tell a fantastic story about the success of the vaccine.

Maybe that's the case. Or maybe the delta variant is much less virulent and this thing is mutating itself into irrelevance.
beerad12man
AG
Many people I follow believe it's both.
Proper Twelve
beerad12man said:

Many people I follow believe it's both.

Follower
cevans_40
AG
PaulC_80 said:

The so called vaccine is a complete failure. Apparently over half the people testing positive are fully vaccinated.

Yet, every last single man, woman and child (plus the other 67 genders) MUST get the vaccine. Why is the question I keep asking ? ? ? What do we not know about these vaccines ? ? ?

Big Pharma generally spends 7-10 years and tests +100 different compounds before they can find one drug that is both safe and effective. But, we are supposed to believe that Big Pharma was able to create 3 unique but safe and effective vaccines in only 6 months ? ??

Two of the vaccines were using a completely new technology. Yet no long term testing ? ? ?

We have absolutely no idea what the long term effects of these vaccines might be, and we will not know for another 5-7 years.

Much like the flu vaccine, we know they don't really work.
BuddysBud
AG
And natural immunity is always left out of the discussion.
Proper Twelve
BuddysBud said:

What discussion?
Fauci says what's what. He is the arbiter of reality.

You don't even know how bad the DEADLY NEW STRAIN is
beerad12man
AG
BuddysBud said:

That's because natural immunity aren't getting reinfected at any reasonable levels. So it wouldn't show up on the death rate per case. There are no cases
TresPuertas
AG
i'm officially one of those people as of today.

and guess what. i feel fine.
J-Licious
AG
Chuck Gay said:

PaulC_80 said:

This could be misleading. The other difference is the variant. If the vaccine was so effective you would see a % decrease in deaths mirroring the breakthrough cases. Instead, the majority of cases are unvaccinated and the deaths are relatively flatsuggesting this variant, while really contagious, is not as deadly as its predecessor.
RGLAG85
AG
J-Licious said:

Chuck Gay said:

PaulC_80 said:

This could be misleading. The other difference is the variant. If the vaccine was so effective you would see a % decrease in deaths mirroring the breakthrough cases. Instead, the majority of cases are unvaccinated and the deaths are relatively flatsuggesting this variant, while really contagious, is not as deadly as its predecessor.
Finally, someone who has enough intelligence to look at it all logically. They scream it's the unvaccinated that are catching it yet want to claim it's the vaccine that is keeping the death rate down. The covididiots ignore this and also ignore the alpha virus took out a large percentage of the the most vulnerable that contracted it in the first and second waves.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
beerad12man
AG
J-Licious said:

Chuck Gay said:

PaulC_80 said:

Aren'te cases pretty well split amongst vaxed and unvaxed? So I'm not sure you can definitively draw that conclusion, but I still say you are probably right in that it's a little less severe overall

Then again, Drs have gotten better and better at treating it, too. So that could also factor in when comparing it to the initial virus, albeit not much difference in the last few months.

In addition, as the post above me said, sadly many of the vulnerable have already lost their lives.

And lastly, the unvaxed catching it, are also younger. Which would skew the death rates compared to if you were getting unvaxed 80 years getting it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Chuck Gay said:

PaulC_80 said:

While that may be the case, there is also some hidden data that is likely being ignored, if you look at the first peak of infections (not even really a peak) but very high mortality in comparison. The virus (and Cuomo and several of his cronies) is doing an effective job of targeting those with multiple comorbidities and that population has been greatly reduced.

And what RG and Beerad say too.
cecil77
AG
And if it wasn't for that first wave of fatalities, this whole thing would not have been news, as it shouldn't be now.
HumpitPuryear
AG
imagine what the numbers would be if they tested the 188,000 illegals that they let in during the month of June and are still coming.
Easy 8
I'll know this is super serious when I start getting bombed with TikTok videos from nurses.
txagbear
PaulC_80 said:

Dont get it. I dont care
Tex117
AG
Cases. Mean. Nothing. At this point.

The vaccine severed this relationship.

cecil77
AG
PaulC_80 said:

While I do not disagree with you - it's also possible the typical timeframe is ridiculously long and inefficient.
Nitro Power
AG
Tex117 said:

Cases. Mean. Nothing. At this point.

The vaccine severed this relationship.

Cases meant something initially to help control contact tracing. Once that got out of control, case became irrelevant, which was long before vaccines. But your point remains.
Gap
AG
Quote:

In addition, as the post above me said, sadly many of the vulnerable have already lost their lives.

As time marches on, sadly there will always a new group of vulnerables. We all get older and a certain number of people become a part of that group every day.

The flu wasn't a one time event. We don't count it cumulatively. We count it annually. We say something like this year''s flu is less potent while at the same time our bodies are building resistance to things whether naturally or from a vaccine.
Nitro Power
AG
cecil77 said:

PaulC_80 said:

While I do not disagree with you - it's also possible the typical timeframe is ridiculously long and inefficient.

Agree with you both. My biggest concern of late, is the need for a 3rd dosage. When will it stop? Are people supposed to get a shot every 6 months? What will the long term ramifications be of new technology being placed in your body at such a short duration? Those questions are unknown, and quite frankly it is impossible to know them at this time. Anyone saying different, is either an idiot, or has some ulterior motive.
doubledog
CrazyRichAggie said:

It's getting bad out there folks, please be safe!

100,000,000-97,000 = 99,903,000 to go...
On the upside there is just 1,030 days to go to complete covid-19 resistance
(or everyone is dead according to the MSM)
beerad12man
AG
Gap said:

Quote:

As time marches on, sadly there will always a new group of vulnerables. We all get older and a certain number of people become a part of that group every day.

The flu wasn't a one time event. We don't count it cumulatively. We count it annually. We say something like this year''s flu is less potent while at the same time our bodies are building resistance to things whether naturally or from a vaccine.
Yes, but those people will have already had it, so the protection is better than when it's novel. That's why viruses get less and less over time. People beat it. This is what has happened to every single coronavirus in human history.
jimscott85
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Cases are irrelevant

Hospitals aren't overrun

Deaths are still very low
In other words, the best news we've received on COVID since day one. Less lethal and more transmissible. 95,000 less serious cases than before means the multiple for assumed unreported cases is quite high. Let it spread like wildfire through those who haven't been vaccinated and/or don't have natural immunity. Herd immunity much faster.
Rapier108
And what is left out is we've ramped up testing to a level not seen since late last year.

I'd bet we're over 2,000,000 tests per day now. We were over 1m last week.

The more tests that are done, the more cases, even mild ones will be found.

I know someone who went to the doctor to get a stronger antihistamine because she thought her allergies were just acting worse than normal. The doctor tested her for the flu, RSV, and the China virus. She didn't want to be tested, but he said that is now standard procedure at his office (not a single doctor, big entity) for anyone with even a single respiratory symptom.

Negative for RSV. Negative for the flu. Positive for the China virus. Only symptoms are a runny/stuffy nose; slight cough (mostly from sinus drainage) and a headache. If her doctor had insisted on testing her, she never would have known she had it.

Also, people are once again panicking and running to get tested because they cough or sneeze a few times.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Wabs
AG
I assume the MSM is blaming Biden, right?
Proper Twelve
The creator of the pcr test stated it cannot prove infection. Did you know that?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.