Navy Sailor Charged With Arson Over Fire Which Destroyed USS Bonhomme Richard

1,623 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whatthehey78
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

SAN DIEGO The U.S. Navy said Thursday that charges have been filed against a Navy Sailor who is accused of starting the July 2020 fire that destroyed the warship while it was docked in San Diego.

According to Cmdr. Sean Robertson, U.S. 3rd Fleet spokesperson, the evidence collected during the investigation is sufficient to direct a preliminary hearing for the sailor who was a member of Bonhomme Richard's crew at the time of the fire.

The massive fire erupted late on the morning of July 12 in a storage area aboard the 27,565-ton military sea vessel and soon was sending thick columns of acrid smoke above San Diego Bay and across much of the city.

In August 2020, a senior defense official said that arson was suspected as the cause of the July 12 fire that left extensive damage to the USS Bonhomme Richard.

The warship burned for nearly five days while docked in San Diego and had to be decommissioned by the Navy, which cited the extensive damage the vessel sustained in the fire and excessive costs to restore it.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/national/military-news/navy-sailor-charged-for-fire-started-on-uss-bonhomme-richard/509-7a9b260f-7962-4823-a1a0-914b73c73b92

Thread were we discussed the fire at the time.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3124271/1
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
SW-14
AG
....and the sailor is? Obviously not a white supremacist, or we would know about it already.
TheCurl84
AG
I was led to believe it was Donald Trump.
whatthehey78
AG
We found a crack pipe in the storage area with your finger prints on it...so where were you on July 12th, 2020 Hunter??
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DrEvazanPhD
I'm sure we'll soon hear something along the lines of "CPO Abdul Mohammed Jafar is in custody, and his motivation is unclear"
Rapier108
DrEvazanPhD said:

I'm sure we'll soon hear something along the lines of "CPO Abdul Mohammed Jafar is in custody, and his motivation is unclear"
Or CPO Xi Jinping.

Bonhomme Richard was being modified to carry the F-35B, and would have been deployed to the western Pacific. Her loss put a serious dent in our fleet deployment plans.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
whatthehey78
AG
Rapier108 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Or CPO Xi Jinping.

Bonhomme Richard was being modified to carry the F-35B, and would have been deployed to the western Pacific. Her loss put a serious dent in our fleet deployment plans.
I guess "diversity" may not be every thing in every instance that it's jacked up to be. Today's leadership is SOOO EASY! Fools all.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.