House passes bill for tax funded abortions

2,058 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by YouBet
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sick sick people who will all burn in hell. Fortunately it's dead on arrival in the Senate.

https://time.com/6085444/hyde-amendment-spending-bills-congress/

Quote:

The House of Representatives passed a package of spending bills this week without provisions banning federal funding for most abortions in the U.S. and abroad, marking the first time in decades that the restrictions have not been included.

The changes face long odds in the evenly divided Senate, where moderate Democrats and Republicans have said they oppose removing the abortion limits, but the House's move represents a milestone in the national battle over abortion access.

"Finally, the right to reproductive freedom has been recognized by the majority of Democrats," says Rep. Barbara Lee of California, who has championed the effort to repeal the funding bans for years.

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Yep, posted about it a couple of weeks ago that is was going to pass. Fingers crossed the Senate kills it.

My guess is this: Senate kills it and the Marxist (Dem voters included) roll this out as the need to kill the filibuster and it becomes the hill for them to die on (reference intended).

Take note pro life Dem voters...you will be paying for this one too...
whytho987654
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Yep, posted about it a couple of weeks ago that is was going to pass. Fingers crossed the Senate kills it.

My guess is this: Senate kills it and the Marxist (Dem voters included) roll this out as the need to kill the filibuster and it becomes the hill for them to die on (reference intended).

they threaten every Marxist Bill they can't get through the senate as a hill to die on to end the filibuster, so I think you'll be correct. Once the senate goes to the Rs in 22 you will see a quick and unanimous embrace of the filibuster by the dems
zoneag
The pro-death party is vile, disgusting, and evil.
TexAgs91
AG
Blood money
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
titan
S
whytho987654 said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

they threaten every Marxist Bill they can't get through the senate as a hill to die on to end the filibuster, so I think you'll be correct. Once the senate goes to the Rs in 22 you will see a quick and unanimous embrace of the filibuster by the dems
They should then use that moment of concurrence to remove the discretion and stop this yo-yo. Enshrine it into Congressional law not subject to just changing on a whim, but subject to an onerous process.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Oak Tree
AG
Planned Parenthood already receives government funding. DC Republicans failed to pass legislation in 2017 to make it illegal when they controlled the presidency and Congress.

What's the excuse going to be when they don't stop this bill?
Line Ate Member
AG
rocky the dog said:

This. I still have not seen a politician that is for abortion answer that question.

They would say that it was the woman's choice to have the child and the act of murder eliminated that choice. However, my hypothetical involves a drunk driver and a pregnant female on her way to get an abortion. An accident occurs, the only loss is the unborn child. Is it manslaughter still?
Scrooge Doogler
Someone is starting to catch on. Rs will never do anything substantial about abortion because it gets them the vote all the pro-life lunatics.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"
JW
AG
Evil
tehmackdaddy
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Fortunately it's dead on arrival in the Senate.

Abortion funding dead on arrival?

I shouldn't be laughing at that.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Pro-life lunatics? Please go on
sleepybeagle
AG
Scrooge Doogler said:

Someone is starting to catch on. Rs will never do anything substantial about abortion because it gets them the vote all the pro-life lunatics.
Doogler - I'll bet your a pro-life lunatic about your own life. We should all be "lunatics" about life.
Ellis Wyatt
There are NO moderate democrats. They don't exist. It is a marxist party and completely godless.

But at least no mean tweets.

(Of course Biden thinks a "twitter" is part of a little girl's anatomy that he likes to look at.

Ellis Wyatt
Scrooge Doogler said:

You should seek therapy and consider repentance.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Quote:

"Finally, the right to reproductive freedom has been recognized by the majority of Democrats,"

Abortion has nothing to do with reproductive rights. If you can't call it what it is, maybe that is a sign you are wrong. Personally I am against it, and I don't want to get into the moral arguments of it here.

But 10000000000% there is no way in hell may taxes should go to support it. That is just one more thing that a person should have to cover themselves and not rely on other taxpayers to pay for them.

Most of the liberal / progressive agenda that I am against comes down to economics, i.e. that's fine, but why should I have to pay for it?!?!?! Much / most of what we pay federal taxes for is already unconstitutional, and this would just be another thing added to it.

zephyr88
AG
who cares.... let the democrats keep killing their own...
YouBet
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Sick sick people who will all burn in hell. Fortunately it's dead on arrival in the Senate.

https://time.com/6085444/hyde-amendment-spending-bills-congress/

Quote:

The House of Representatives passed a package of spending bills this week without provisions banning federal funding for most abortions in the U.S. and abroad, marking the first time in decades that the restrictions have not been included.

The changes face long odds in the evenly divided Senate, where moderate Democrats and Republicans have said they oppose removing the abortion limits, but the House's move represents a milestone in the national battle over abortion access.

"Finally, the right to reproductive freedom has been recognized by the majority of Democrats," says Rep. Barbara Lee of California, who has championed the effort to repeal the funding bans for years.

Taking our own country out of the equation why in the hell would we spend funds in other countries to fund this abroad???????

There is no logic here to justify that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.