Pronouns in professional email signature blocks

11,155 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxTarpon
Squadron7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
InfantryAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Seeing more and more of this.

Regards,

John Smith
Phone:
Email:
He/Him/His

Quickest way for me to identify who not to take seriously and assume they're an unprofessional child.

I'm seeing this crap even from state government employees too.
Am seeing from fed employees. So far just HR personnel

Never hire anyone for HR that wants to be in HR.
YouBet
AG
Everyone in corporate America uses signatures. I've only actually seen one person use the pronouns in their signature and he was a gay guy in HR, so that makes sense in that twisted, non-essential function.

Granted, I also left corporate America over 6 months ago so maybe it got more prevalent recently. What I did do in the few months before I left was to put Easter eggs in some of my emails. If it was a longer email (not best practice but sometimes unavoidable), I would put a sentence in it towards the end for a buddy of mine on our leadership team to see if he caught it.
Frag
AG
HMFIC, Proud Hetero
Maroon Dawn
AG
Olag00 said:

I had an interview recently and she introduced her as her name followed by her pronouns. She then asked me what i preferred to be called. I just said my name. After an awkward pause she proceeded with interview. Needless to say I didn't get accepted to move to next step.

This is the goal

It's a shibboleth to see if you are on team Dem and, if not, to shut you down/out

Until you convert to the religion of Liberalism you will be a marginalized second class citizen
rwpag71
AG
Glad I no longer work for any corporation. I don't have to put up with or pretend to respect that nonsense.
Maroon Dawn
AG
rwpag71 said:

Glad I no longer work for any corporation. I don't have to put up with or pretend to respect that nonsense.

Same

So glad I work for a faith based HC system that totally ignores all the woke leftist insanity De Jour
Olag00
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Olag00 said:

I had an interview recently and she introduced her as her name followed by her pronouns. She then asked me what i preferred to be called. I just said my name. After an awkward pause she proceeded with interview. Needless to say I didn't get accepted to move to next step.

Please me us that she/her/whateverthe*****was a 22 years-old fresh from the college the wonder bread suburban upbringing sent she/her/whateverthe*****to.

Regardless, I haven't seen that yet, but now I know to get ready for the stupid.
She was probably in her 50s. Another thing she said, which she mentioned I don't have to answer but they can usually tell within 3 months if it is true but I had to believe in climate change and want to do whatever I could to help where I could. This was for a renewable company specializing in solar power installations. They were starting a new group that is more my specialty and I would have been the second person hired in the group if pursued.
TexAgs91
AG
> Pronouns in professional email signature blocks

This thread title is an oxymoron. Professionals do not put pronouns in their signature blocks.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
EX TEXASEX
Regards,
Ex Texas Ex
F/F/S
Re reading and see someone beat me to the punch with mine. Gonna keep it anyway.
#FJB
Sea Speed
AG
I generally have a longish signature because there are several avenues to contact me about matters that may not be ok to discuss via email and people need to have them all.

The thing I hate is when people stillnuse their full sig in a chain where we are emailing back and forth. Reply sigs should just be your name and title.
G Martin 87
AG
Sea Speed said:

I generally have a longish signature because there are several avenues to contact me about matters that may not be ok to discuss via email and people need to have them all.

The thing I hate is when people stillnuse their full sig in a chain where we are emailing back and forth. Reply sigs should just be your name and title.
I use my full sig once in a thread when the distribution will include people who don't know me. But otherwise my sig is a simple

Thanks!
G

They've got my email address in the header, and they already know me. My full sig is unnecessary for anyone but strangers.
BusterAg
AG
TxTarpon said:

Ok....I am NOT recommending doing this, bbbbuuuttttt for sheets and giggles... put

"MFF Preferred"

OK, I am ignorant and sheltered.

MFF? Is this the furry thing? 3-some? Only things I see on google.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
BusterAg
AG
Squadron7 said:

InfantryAg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Seeing more and more of this.

Regards,

John Smith
Phone:
Email:
He/Him/His

Quickest way for me to identify who not to take seriously and assume they're an unprofessional child.

I'm seeing this crap even from state government employees too.
Am seeing from fed employees. So far just HR personnel

Never hire anyone for HR that wants to be in HR.
1 out of 100 HR people are awesome.

If you get that person who makes it their job to help employees cut through red tape to get stuff done, pay them.

That person who is a natural nurturer and looks after people that feel marginalized by corporate beaurocracy can reduce turnover, which is worth paying for.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
P.U.T.U
AG
Luckily in my field you would get called out for that crap in a second.
BusterAg
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Olag00 said:

This is the goal

It's a shibboleth to see if you are on team Dem and, if not, to shut you down/out

Until you convert to the religion of Liberalism you will be a marginalized second class citizen

Exactly.

Which is why I choose to discriminate against idiots that do this.

I don't care about your politics as long as you keep it out of business. I don't want people that I work with or work for me to mix business and politics, on either side. It shows an amazing amount of immaturity.

--Thomas Jefferson
ToddyHill
AG
Oh good grief....

Walden University Pronoun Examples
cisgenderedAggie
Five pronouns. Dylan/Dylan/Dylan/Dylan/Dylan
aezmvp
His Majesty/His Majesty/HRH

Come at me bro.
AG512
AG
LinkedIn is the worst with it.
Earl_Rudder
AG
I actually do this at work.

I say that I identify as an M1A2 Abrams.

It pisses a lot of people off and I don't give a damn. My boss laughs.
Earl_Rudder
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

I bet you spit hot fire...

waitwhat?
Master/Master/Master's
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
cisgenderedAggie
Earl_Rudder said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

I bet you spit hot fire...

The hottest and stickiest
Sully Dog
zephyr88 said:

Haven't seen this on a resume yet, but when I do - it will be headed straight to the shredder.
. I would say I'm 30% here. I have only hired one, but that is because she had an exceptional skill set
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
The_Fox
Sully Dog said:

zephyr88 said:

Haven't seen this on a resume yet, but when I do - it will be headed straight to the shredder.
. I would say I'm 30% here. I have only hired one, but that is because she had an exceptional skill set

Hopefully large Cs.
Central Committee
AG
I prefer "Chairman"
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
45-70Ag
AG
Dumb asses are more concerned with this than how they perform at their job.
Romello
I just ignore the crazies.
SgtBarbarossa
I would only be able to think of the following if someone changed up their pronouns.

Aggie Infantry
AG
I may start insisting that people use my preferred pronoun: TrumpIsGreat
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
XXXVII
AG512 said:

LinkedIn is the worst with it.

LinkedIn actually has a field for you to fill out your pronouns on your profile. Whenever I see someone with that filled out, and they've applied to a position I'm hiring for, their resume goes straight into the rejection pile.
fightingfarmer09
A&M is getting bad about it as well.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Had to attend a virtual Zoom City Council meeting for one of my clients in far rural Southern Oregon. These guys would make some redneck East Texans blush. Anyways, a speaker came on with her preferred pronouns (they/them) and you could see everyone one of the council members laugh a little and roll their eyes. I think we all thought it was a joke until she presented wanting to rent the community pavilion for a lgbqt event.
MaroonStain
AG
Who places their email in an email signature? Didn't you send an email from your email address? The only reason I have an email signature is to list that the only number that I can be reached is the office phone.

Oh...

Sire/My Liege/Regis Supreme
G Martin 87
AG
First of My Name/Warden of the Realm/King in the Norf

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.