Pronouns in professional email signature blocks

11,198 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxTarpon
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tk111 said:

So question for anyone that might have some idea - there are two women I know (at least that's what they were back when I knew them as kids) that have both listed their pronouns as

she/they

What on earth does that mean?
1. they are attention *****s
2. you can refer to her as she if you want, or if you try to be gender neutral they is also accepted.
zephyr88
AG
Haven't seen this on a resume yet, but when I do - it will be headed straight to the shredder.
tk111
AG
C@LAg said:

tk111 said:

So question for anyone that might have some idea - there are two women I know (at least that's what they were back when I knew them as kids) that have both listed their pronouns as

she/they

What on earth does that mean?
1. they are attention *****s
2. you can refer to her as she if you want, or if you try to be gender neutral they is also accepted.
Well I generally assume #1 for listed pronouns at all, but yeah #2 makes sense and seems to inflate #1...
captkirk
AG
Regards,

Captkirk
SuperStraight
C@LAg
zephyr88 said:

Haven't seen this on a resume yet, but when I do - it will be headed straight to the shredder.
yes. in the header.
agdaddy04
AG
C@LAg said:

agdaddy04 said:

only people I've seen do it so far are in Seattle.
then you must not have ever stepped foot outside of seattle.
do what?
The Fife
C@LAg said:

agdaddy04 said:

only people I've seen do it so far are in Seattle.
then you must not have ever stepped foot outside of seattle.

Yep, I'm on a WebEx now and there's a bald guy in Huntington Beach and another on the Illinois side of St Louis with them. None of the Seattle people do.
agdaddy04
AG
I didn't say folks in other areas aren't doing it, just posted my personal experiences. Being in the industry I'm in, it doesn't surprise me that I haven't seen it much. I do see it now with some people on LinkedIn.
policywonk98
AG
Progressives flooding HR department career paths was a brilliant move on their part.*

Keys to forced cultural change and forced "new normal".

*I suppose the better way of saying it is progressives being unqualified for skilled positions were brilliant in convincing corporate America to move HR department missions beyond payroll and infuse "create company culture" as a department mission.

DallasAg 94
DGAG92
AG
Would a hooker's be?

yalls/theirs/errrrbody
DGAG92
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

As someone who is a Global resource... sometimes it is nice when someone named Zhi or Spanda sends you an email, you know something about them.

I corresponded with someone for a few weeks before getting them on a call, only to find out what I thought was a dude, was actually a woman.

What does it matter? Why do you need to know their sex?
HollywoodBQ
AG
zephyr88 said:

Be sure to check the LinkedIn Profile also. They might only be virtue signalling in one place.
G Martin 87
AG
I've/got/real/work/to/do
doubledog
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Who the hell uses signatures?

99% of people I get email from at work
Quote:

Just more meaningless text at the bottom of an email.

Yes

To be fair, some names I can identify (male/female). some names I frankly do not have a clue.
TxTarpon
Ok....I am NOT recommending doing this, bbbbuuuttttt for sheets and giggles... put

"MFF Preferred"

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Respectfully,
Esteban du Plantier
Long/Dong/Silver
Old McDonald
Pookers said:

Dill-Ag13 said:

I hope this anaon's story is true.

everything you read on 4chan is 100% true, and definitely not trolling for the lulz
Saxsoon
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Seeing more and more of this.

Regards,

John Smith
Phone:
Email:
He/Him/His

Quickest way for me to identify who not to take seriously and assume they're an unprofessional child.

I'm seeing this crap even from state government employees too.

Yeah I can't say that to my VPs
thirdcoast
AG
Last year was in a meeting, 4 girls on one side of table, 4 dudes on other side. Liberal walks in and jokes "hey what is this, guys on one side, girls on other?". I say with straight face, "hey, why are you assuming genders?" awkward silence, and he says "uh yeah, your right.". I just chuckle.

Liberalism is mental disorder.
japantiger
S
Chesty Puller/Presley O'bannon/Dan Daly
Squadron7
AG
Veni/Vidi/Vici
Malibu
My woke millennial SIL called this new addition "extra". I'm far woker than this board as a whole but the pronoun stuff to me is crazyland.
Seven Costanza
AG
What is the purpose of naming each variation of the pronoun (he/him/his)? It seems like one would suffice. Are there people that do a combo (she/him/their)?
goatchze
AG
Sincerely,

goatchze

me/myself/I

or

Sincerely,

goatchze

leave/me/alone
Saxsoon
AG
Seven Costanza said:

What is the purpose of naming each variation of the pronoun (he/him/his)? It seems like one would suffice. Are there people that do a combo (she/him/their)?

Yes. I have seen he/him/they or something like it.
BusterAg
AG
Best,

BusterAg,

Anything/But/Late/For/Dinner
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
annie88
AG
Quote:

unprofessional child
Yep. Really sad to see so many our nation doing this crap.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
Saxsoon said:

Seven Costanza said:

Yes. I have seen he/him/they or something like it.
"They" is just psychotic.

As if these upcoming generations are already completely immature and incapable of handing ling any sort of stress or differing opinions from theirs people are actually coddling this. Universities, academia, professional corporations are actually coddling this. These kids have been brought up to think they are constant victims regarding sex, gender, accomplishments failures, salaries, jobs, etc.
No Spin Ag
Olag00 said:

I had an interview recently and she introduced her as her name followed by her pronouns. She then asked me what i preferred to be called. I just said my name. After an awkward pause she proceeded with interview. Needless to say I didn't get accepted to move to next step.

Please me us that she/her/whateverthe*****was a 22 years-old fresh from the college the wonder bread suburban upbringing sent she/her/whateverthe*****to.

Regardless, I haven't seen that yet, but now I know to get ready for the stupid.
annie88
AG
Moronification of signatures.

Brilliant.
annie88
AG
Pookers said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Regards,

John Smith
Phone:
Email:
He/Him/His

Quickest way for me to identify who not to take seriously and assume they're an unprofessional child.

Who the hell uses signatures? Just more meaningless text at the bottom of an email.
Most people and professional organizations do. Name, phones, websites etc. I was a communications person and it would have links to our social media sites as well. It's not really that odd honestly. Now putting the pronoun crap in it is stupid.
InfantryAg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Regards,

John Smith
Phone:
Email:
He/Him/His

Am seeing from fed employees. So far just HR personnel
pinche gringo
AG
One more leap towards idiocracy.

Sincerely,

pinche gringo
I/don't/care

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.