Chipotle raising prices to offset its own $15 minimum wage hike

4,811 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by No Spin Ag
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.fox4news.com/news/chipotle-raising-prices-to-offset-its-15-minimum-wage-hike?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook

What? This is my shocked face.
aggie09whoop
Freebirds >>>>>>>> Chipotle
Al Bula
AG
Looking forward to this ass chain going out of business.
CyclingAg82
AG
Just another reason to not eat there. Raising prices on crappy food is not a winning formula.
Marcus Brutus
Ocean Of Funk said:

Looking forward to this ass chain going out of business.
this
Marcus Brutus
Chipotle has a 93 PE ratio. Why?

Might be time for a short.
BCG Disciple
AG
Unfortunate. I like chipotle. Wish they would focus on their business and not virtue signaling themselves out of business.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Chipotle is trash.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
My wife and I make better food than Chipotle on an electric skillet.

MaroonStain
AG
Chipotle is toilet.
MookieBlaylock
AG
$15 an hour to wrap a burrito

Might as well let the people BYOB
JW
AG
Was already too expensive
Fightin2010
AG
Why don't they just sell two more burritos?
nortex97
AG
I do almost wish I could share how I won't eat there now, but my dining practices will have no impact on them at all ever.
mosdefn14
AG
DFW area.

Jimmy Johns is paying more than $15 to wrap a sandwich.

Chick Fil A is offering $18.50 starting pay.

A Registered Nurse is going to make somewhere around $20-$22/hr first year out of school. So just $1.50/hr or roughly $3000/year more than a fry cook.
MouthBQ98
AG
Wage compression. You break down a lot of highly skilled white collar or skilled blue worker wages and they're only 2-3 times that wage for completely unskilled labor, when not long ago it was 4-6 times the value.

As inflation continues, the middle class is going to start noticing what kind of bull**** that is. It will shrink the middle class.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
mosdefn14 said:

DFW area.

Jimmy Johns is paying more than $15 to wrap a sandwich.

Chick Fil A is offering $18.50 starting pay.

A Registered Nurse is going to make somewhere around $20-$22/hr first year out of school. So just $1.50/hr or roughly $3000/year more than a fry cook.

That is nuts. In EMS, I started at $11 and thankfully found a company pays double that within a year or I would of gone on to something else that pays. Overtime is awesome.
Muy
AG
This is going to happen everywhere. Thanks to the left, companies are going to continue to have to offer people way more than the job demands in order to get workers off their couches. The companies aren't going to cover that cost, it's going to trickle down to their customers.
mosdefn14
AG
Met a lady the other day. Young single mom fresh out of high school, trying to better her life the right way. Working as a tech overnight shift in the hospital ($14/hr) while doing nursing school during the day. Hospital reimburses her tuition for good grades, so she should finish up debt free.

She was lamenting that long term she knows nursing will be a good career path, but it would be so much easier and make ends meet to quit and work at chick fil a.

Smart money bet is no one wants to be a nurse, firefighter, or police officer here soon. Good job CMs.
aggielostinETX
AG
Just sell two more quesos.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
zephyr88
AG
water is wet

how did you figure it was going to go?
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Haven't visited one in years but might stop in just to messy up their bathroom. F it, liberals deserve much worse.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
BQ_90
AG
aggie09whoop said:

both suck
torrid
AG
G Martin 87
AG
Muy said:

This is going to happen everywhere. Thanks to the left, companies are going to continue to have to offer people way more than the job demands in order to get workers off their couches. The companies aren't going to cover that cost, it's going to trickle down to their customers.
(Pssst. That was the Dems plan all along: extort a "living wage" from private business by paying people more not to work. It's working.)
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Here's the great thing.

No one needs to be upset by this. Either the market will punish Chipotle for bad business, or it will reward Chipotle with good employees.

Government mandating this would be bad. A company decision to try it is not bad or even good. It will just be successful or will fail, and the market will decide.
YouBet
AG
Yep, the Democrats plan has worked. They got their living wage increases institutionalized through UE. They are freaking genius in their ability to run end arounds on America and f^ck us all.

Of course, there illiteracy in economics didn't allow them to foresee the rise in prices everywhere else which offsets these wage increases and simply sets a new baseline.

Because they are morons and traitors.
YouBet
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Wage compression. You break down a lot of highly skilled white collar or skilled blue worker wages and they're only 2-3 times that wage for completely unskilled labor, when not long ago it was 4-6 times the value.

As inflation continues, the middle class is going to start noticing what kind of bull**** that is. It will shrink the middle class.
Yes, I would recommend white collar folks not break down their actual hourly rate. It might surprise you.
BuddysBud
AG
What do these companies do when inflation reduces the value of $15/hr to no longer be a "living wage"? They need to make $20, $30, $50 the minimum wage for employees. Inflation from stupidity is the worse.

The other option is that companies will pay $10/hr equivalent to have machines do the work. The customers do more themselves and one person, if any, gets paid more to make sure the machines are running.

Paying more and not expecting more productivity does not make actual wages increase. It just creates inflation.

Maybe it's all just part of the Great Reset.
Ag In Ok
AG
There in lies the problem. We don't know how to calculate CPI / inflation let alone something more subjective (from an Austrian perspective) like the Living Wage. We have no idea how it is done so congress and life long beurocrats invested in the system pat us on the head and tell us to trust their masters degree and excel file. Some even with a PhD who still don't know what they are doing. "Trust the data" is utter bull**** when the person looking at the data is effectively no different that a tarot card reader.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Get one of these started, won't really matter based on the quality that place puts out.

Win At Life
AG
Had had the most delightful service at a Starbucks drive through window yesterday. Sounds like she was pleased as punch to be making $15/hr to serve me an $8 iced drink. I guess you really do get what you pay for.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
aggie09whoop said:

Freebirds is trash. Always has been
bdgol07
AG
Sniffing Accountant said:

aggie09whoop said:

....and yet, the original statement is still accurate
Sniffing Accountant
AG
bdgol07 said:

Sniffing Accountant said:

aggie09whoop said:

....and yet, the original statement is still accurate
Except it's not
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.