It's officially a religion

6,247 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by atmtws
Agthatbuilds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know staff doesn't like referring to the maskers as a cult or us using a particular pun to describe those with religious like devotion to mask and/or covid policies, however, read the following article and tell me how it's not religious or cult like.

https://outline.com/cyqJCB

Quote:

Masks should remain with us, becoming part of our everyday lives even as the COVID-19 pandemic, science willing, subsides.

Quote:

And again to protect our most vulnerable friends, families and colleagues, we might all opt to be a part of the collective response to protect them and wear masks as well.
mazag08
AG
They are an extremely irrational and dangerous cult and should be laughed at and ridiculed publicly as much as possible
C@LAg
ironmanag
AG

Quote:

Human Being
In reply to astros4545 11:05a

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)
Human Being said:

Safety is the highest priority. In order to protect people from the unvaccinated the government needs to provide arm bands the unvaccinated must wear to warn people they are unvaccinated. This would help us be safe.
astros4545 said:
Yep

I'd like to see the government create an alternative mass transit for unvaccinated people

Maybe move people around on rail cars or something similar
Yes, because it would keep us safe.

these fanatics are real and closer than we think.
waitwhat?
Quote:

While mask-wearing in the United States during the COVID-19 pandemic has been a contentious political issue at times, for many Asian countries, it has been part of the culture for a long time and was easily adopted during the pandemic.
I really hate when I see this logic. If I wanted to act asian I'd go live in asia. But I don't. I'm western and want to act western. And in western cultures we only wear masks on halloween and to swingers parties.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
PneumAg
ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

Safety is the highest priority. In order to protect people from the unvaccinated the government needs to provide arm bands the unvaccinated must wear to warn people they are unvaccinated. This would help us be safe.
astros4545 said:
Yep

I'd like to see the government create an alternative mass transit for unvaccinated people

I think that's sarcasm.
Clob94
I've been thinking-- which I'm aware is a dangerous concept-- but it seems to me that covidians want to live this sterile life in a bubble where nothing can ever enter, and the only things that can leave the bubble are their sh***y ideas and their spewed false logic.

Part of life is mitigating risks. If you're unable to do the metal calculus you need to assess a situation and come to logical conclusion how to mitigate the risk involved, while still experiencing the situation, then maybe you're just too f***ing dumb to be here.

Just a thought.
Tom Doniphon
Hope they all head up to the NE with that silly *****
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
waitwhat? said:

Quote:

While mask-wearing in the United States during the COVID-19 pandemic has been a contentious political issue at times, for many Asian countries, it has been part of the culture for a long time and was easily adopted during the pandemic.
I really hate when I see this logic. If I wanted to act asian I'd go live in asia. But I don't. I'm western and want to act western. And in western cultures we only wear masks on halloween and to swingers parties.

It's weird Asian cultures all wear mask so easily and yet they are the ones who keep spreading many of these viruses. Maybe masks are not as effective as they think.
young eugene
AG
The future of this South Park episode is getting closer, where science is literally their religion

mazag08
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

waitwhat? said:

Quote:

It's weird Asian cultures all wear mask so easily and yet they are the ones who keep spreading many of these viruses. Maybe masks are not as effective as they think.
The masks block their faces so all the white supremacists won't notice them and beat them up for no reason.
backintexas2013
AG
ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

astros4545 said:
Yep

Please tell me that's sarcasm by those posters.
P.U.T.U
AG
The CDC has said several times, including this month, that mask don't work for respiratory viruses. So they admit it is not about science and about virtue signaling and power?
President-elect
Quote:
"And again to protect our most vulnerable friends, families and colleagues, we might all opt to be a part of the collective response to protect them and wear masks as well."

Why doesn't this logic apply to the murdering of the MOST vulnerable among us, babies in the womb??
GTdad
Abbott's latest executive order, GA-36, just dropped. No state or local governmental entity can require masks, except in prisons, jails, hospitals or gov.-run living centers. Public schools exempt until June 4.

https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/EO-GA-36_prohibition_on_mandating_face_coverings_response_to_COVID-19_disaster_IMAGE_05-18-2021.pdf
P.U.T.U
AG
ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

astros4545 said:
Yep

I would not think so with the people I hang around but I saw some liberals talking about mask/vaccinations (specifically kids) and it was down right scary. Make their kids wear mask everywhere until their kids are vaccinated, they don't care Covid is shown to be very, very, very, harmless for children. I threw a little hand grenade in the conversation about that and how mask don't work and got blasted by feelings. There is no science behind their beliefs.
ironmanag
AG
I am sure astro4545 was being sarcastic. And I am sure the other was not.
NoahAg
waitwhat? said:

Quote:

They also eat dogs in asia. Doesn't mean I'm gonna start butchering Fido.
PneumAg
Wasn't there a Southpark episode where a bunch of talking otters in the future were atheists who worshipped science, but they ended up still having religious wars over their different versions of science?

That show is prophetic.
TexAgs91
AG
"science willing"??

WTH does that even mean?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
USAFAg
AG
TexAgs91 said:

"science willing"??

WTH does that even mean?
It's like Arabs saying inshallah...God willing...so I guess it's either testament to their view of science as their religion or a swipe at religious people...or both

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
hey staff, since you're here on this thread quietly deleting posts per usual, can you at least tell us what happened to the use of ellipsis on the site?
Bruce Almighty
AG
ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

astros4545 said:
Yep

Don't let the sarcasm knock you out as it hits you square in the forehead.
astros4545
AG
ironmanag said:

I am sure astro4545 was being sarcastic. And I am sure the other was not.
I was
YouBet
AG
waitwhat? said:

Quote:

They morons also don't realize a lot of that is because if their rampant pollution especially in China.
BigRobSA
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

waitwhat? said:

Quote:

This.

They keep spreading flu variants. Masks do jack and ***** Morons.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
pagerman @ work
AG
The Liberals Who Can't Quit Lockdown

"Progressive communities have been home to some of the fiercest battles over COVID-19 policies, and some liberal policy makers have left scientific evidence behind."

Quote:

Lurking among the jubilant Americans venturing back out to bars and planning their summer-wedding travel is a different group: liberals who aren't quite ready to let go of pandemic restrictions. For this subset, diligence against COVID-19 remains an expression of political identityeven when that means overestimating the disease's risks or setting limits far more strict than what public-health guidelines permit.
Quote:

For many progressives, extreme vigilance was in part about opposing Donald Trump. Some of this reaction was born of deeply felt frustration with how he handled the pandemic. It could also be knee-jerk. "If he said, 'Keep schools open,' then, well, we're going to do everything in our power to keep schools closed," Monica Gandhi, a professor of medicine at UC San Francisco, told me. Gandhi describes herself as "left of left," but has alienated some of her ideological peers because she has advocated for policies such as reopening schools and establishing a clear timeline for the end of mask mandates. "We went the other way, in an extreme way, against Trump's politicization," Gandhi said.
Never mind that the self-admitted "knee-jerk reaction" to Trump's policies regarding the pandemic is actually proof of the left politicizing the pandemic, not Trump.

As I said yesterday, if a lefty publication like The Atlantic is even willing to admit this, imagine how bad it must really be.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
ironmanag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

astros4545 said:
Yep

I am pretty sure one of them was 100% serious.
japantiger
S
Agthatbuilds said:

I know staff doesn't like referring to the maskers as a cult or us using a particular pun to describe those with religious like devotion to mask and/or covid policies, however, read the following article and tell me how it's not religious or cult like.

https://outline.com/cyqJCB

Quote:

Masks should remain with us, becoming part of our everyday lives even as the COVID-19 pandemic, science willing, subsides.

Quote:

And again to protect our most vulnerable friends, families and colleagues, we might all opt to be a part of the collective response to protect them and wear masks as well.

Rapier108
There is a reason the term Branch Covidians was created.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Bruce Almighty
AG
ironmanag said:

Bruce Almighty said:

ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

astros4545 said:
Yep

No they weren't.
ironmanag
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

ironmanag said:

Bruce Almighty said:

ironmanag said:

Quote:

Human Being

AG

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Human Being said:

astros4545 said:
Yep

No they weren't.
If you say so. It is possible I am confusing them with another poster who 100% believes that type pf nonsense.
Slyfox07
AG

PneumAg
Ah, here we go. Found the South Park clip

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.