Probably set some records in Austin this week

2,633 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tx1c
Jack Boyett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would this be a record for the most unmasked people together at one time in Austin since corona virus?

Small town people go to Austin. Pic of the stands for the 3A/4A state track meet on Thursday. 10k people with probably 1% mask compliance. UIL/tu was took the special precautions of limiting capacity to 50% and marked the stands with stickers to help with social distancing. The effect of the 50% capacity was that everyone still packed together at the finish line and the rest of the stadium was mostly empty.

I've been wondering how onerous the Austinites would make it for us. Rumors were that the long jumpers would have to wear mask between attempts, masks would be required at all times up until actually stepping on the track, etc. Reality proved to be pleasantly surprising. I was told to put on a mask upon entry in the morning to watch field events. We immediately took them off and no one was there to harass us. Returning in the afternoon the ticket takers at the gate had given up on asking for masks and everyone was just walking on in. I expected mask nazis roaming the stands enforcing distancing and masks but there was nothing. No different than a track meet in west texas. Thank you Austin!
agdaddy04
AG
I'd probably say the Rangers first game of the season or the Astros games lately.
agdaddy04
AG
But that is good to see that they even stopped asking you to wear upon entry
BMX Bandit
agdaddy04 said:

I'd probably say the Rangers first game of the season or the Astros games lately.

Which of those were in Austin?
javajaws
AG
Ah crap, I guess I'm not eating at Pappadeaux's tonight.
Austin Ag
AG
Superspreaders
BigRobSA
BMX Bandit said:

agdaddy04 said:

Which of those were in Austin?
How dare you bring geometry into the discussion?! Not everyone is map smart!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
agdaddy04
AG
Damn reading comprehension fail. I read that at first just identifying where it was.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
2A/5A yesterday was the same or more people, stands packed on both sides, was awesome
Rapier108
Two weeks from now there will be bodies in the streets.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRADUCTOR
Texas relays will be fun.
annie88
AG
I'm surprised anyone in Austin had the brains not to wear a mask. Bunch of freaking liberal sheep hippies there.

Welcome to the rest of us who haven't been wearing them almost this entire time.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Trucker 96
JerryWorld is about to host 70,000 people tonight for Canelo-Saunders. They plan to keep the roof closed so it will be the most attended indoor boxing match in history, surpassing Ali-Spinks 2. F the coronabros
JW
AG
The two Americas is small town vs urban.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Had breakfast this morning near circle C. These people are brainwashed, really sad and scary to see, idiots with masks outside waiting in area by themselves. People in Austin are scared sheep.
FJB
AG
To the fans

fullback44
AG
Jack Boyett said:

Would this be a record for the most unmasked people together at one time in Austin since corona virus?

Small town people go to Austin. Pic of the stands for the 3A/4A state track meet on Thursday. 10k people with probably 1% mask compliance. UIL/tu was took the special precautions of limiting capacity to 50% and marked the stands with stickers to help with social distancing. The effect of the 50% capacity was that everyone still packed together at the finish line and the rest of the stadium was mostly empty.

I've been wondering how onerous the Austinites would make it for us. Rumors were that the long jumpers would have to wear mask between attempts, masks would be required at all times up until actually stepping on the track, etc. Reality proved to be pleasantly surprising. I was told to put on a mask upon entry in the morning to watch field events. We immediately took them off and no one was there to harass us. Returning in the afternoon the ticket takers at the gate had given up on asking for masks and everyone was just walking on in. I expected mask nazis roaming the stands enforcing distancing and masks but there was nothing. No different than a track meet in west texas. Thank you Austin!

And of course no one in that crowd will get sick either ../

Don't show this to the CoronaBros .. they will lose their idiot minds even more !
fullback44
AG
I just took this over to the Corona Bros board .. I'll probably get blasted over there .. maybe some liberal mod will give me a 24 hr ban..

I don't go 2 F s though .. I'm fixing to be on the lake the rest of the weakened !
oldcrow91
AG
Austin Ag said:

Superspreaders

Super duper!
Canyon99
Was there on Thursday and it was glorious. Event staff was not asking folks to wear masks upon entry and none of the staff throughout the stadium made any requests. Very very few people at Scholz were wearing masks, either. Of course, coming from a smaller town it was just another day.
tk for tu juan
TRADUCTOR said:

Already happened in March
black_ice
TRADUCTOR said:

White gurllllllsssss!!!!!!

WORLDSTaR!!!!!!!!
tx1c
AG
I wouldn't call it a record, more like a milestone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.