Gasoline Hits $4.99 /gal for Regular / $5.99 for Super in Cali

6,283 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FrioAg 00
McKinney Ag69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Gas prices continued to increase in or around Southern California for the ninth day in a row. And that appeared to be a similar trend nationwide where other states were seeing an increase as well.

The average price of a gallon of regular gas in the Beverly Grove area on Saturday was $4.99 and $5.99 for premium.

When Joe Biden got sworn-in as the illegitimate President on January 20, Gasoline prices were $2.33 and $2.75 for Premium according to US Retail Gas Prices.

As such, gasoline prices have more than doubled since this guy and his Democrat Party stole the US Presidency.

Way to go Biden voters! I hope you guys rot surrounded by excrement and heroin needles. Stay TF in your own hell hole of a state.
Tree Hugger
AG
I'm paying around $3.25 for regular in Oregon.

Luckily a tank lasts me about a month since I telework and don't drive very much.
Old Buffalo
AG
Sucks to suck.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Example 1000 of things that have gotten worse in a short period of time since Biden stole the election.
PCC_80
AG
Unexpectantly ? ? ?
Kashchei
AG
Getting close to $3 in Dallas. Thanks Xiden.
Old McDonald
prices have been artificially low throughout covid because of reduced demand and oversupply. why is it surprising that prices are up now owing to demand recovering faster than supply can keep up?
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
I think 4 refineries have closed in the last year or two. They may be worth reopening soon.
PascalsWager
AG
People get paid a lot in CA.
Artorias
AG
Old McDonald said:

prices have been artificially low throughout covid because of reduced demand and oversupply. why is it surprising that prices are up now owing to demand recovering faster than supply can keep up?
nice attempt to carry water for your dementia patient

prices were lower before Covid.
NE PA Ag
Old McDonald said:

Do you have numbers to back this assertion?
ChemEAg08
AG
That's what you get when you regulate gasoline so much that it is a completely different market than the rest of the US.
AGinHI
AG
$3.75 in Sacramento area
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
ChemEAg08
AG
Old McDonald said:

Typically we won't have truck driver limitations (heard on the radio this AM that 20-25% of trucks are idle without drivers). That will drive prices higher than typical correlation with crude prices.
ChemEAg08
AG
SociallyConditionedAg said:

I think 4 refineries have closed in the last year or two. They may be worth reopening soon.

Depends on where but they'll likely stay down and other companies will expand existing refineries.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
TxTarpon
CNN Headline:
Biden ends obesity in California as the walking craze catches on.

PMSNBC Headline:
Once again California leads they way in exercise as more people walk than drive.

The Root Headline:
African Americans hurt as white people walk more.

Nueva York Times Headline:
California embraces public transport as energy prices soar.

Nueva York Post Headline:
(Shows a subway photo) Hey West Coast, Welcome to the Club Pal
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Slyfox07
AG
Start selling it by the liter and you've basically got European prices
Onceaggie2.0
In before Boyd tells me paying an extra $25 at the pump is not a big deal.
captkirk
AG
Suck it, Cali

Waffledynamics
AG
Old McDonald said:

This is part of my thought, too. There was a massive amount of oversupply in the beginning, wasn't there? Now, you're seeing prices go up because of inflation, the supply correction, and California having different fuel standards that make them more expensive anyway.
FJB
AG
Who can get to $6 first?
DallasAg 94
Kashchei
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

In before Boyd tells me paying an extra $25 at the pump is not a big deal.

Just buy two more gallons
No Spin Ag
Old McDonald said:

It shouldn't be surprising to anyone who actually pays attention to these things. I'm sure the O&G higher ups knew this was coming last summer.
richardag
Old McDonald said:

Explain the difference between now and pre covid insanity
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
Ribeye-Rare
AG

Rocky, you're too damn much! Thanks for my laugh of the day.

Now, regarding the image in the OP, it appears to be one featuring high-priced gas and a high-priced woman or two.
Rapier108
But no more mean tweets.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
DallasAg 94
Sully Dog
Challenger 17 said:

Gas prices continued to increase in or around Southern California for the ninth day in a row. And that appeared to be a similar trend nationwide where other states were seeing an increase as well.

The average price of a gallon of regular gas in the Beverly Grove area on Saturday was $4.99 and $5.99 for premium.

When Joe Biden got sworn-in as the illegitimate President on January 20, Gasoline prices were $2.33 and $2.75 for Premium according to US Retail Gas Prices.

As such, gasoline prices have more than doubled since this guy and his Democrat Party stole the US Presidency.

Way to go Biden voters! I hope you guys rot surrounded by excrement and heroin needles. Stay TF in your own hell hole of a state.
I was in McCloud California yesterday and paid $5.03 for regular
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
PCC_80
AG
On the bright side: The high price of gas might keep some Cali Residents from leaving. LOL
Sully Dog
Old McDonald said:

I don't like calling other posters dumb, but this statement calls for it.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
BQ78
AG
Based on that picture the girl on the far right must be the super and worth every penny of it.
richardag
third coast.. said:

Is the retail gas price listed for thst area, or the nationwide average. If it is the nationwide average, thst would be a little disingenuous, which I wish they wouldn't be. It's obvious prices have gone up amd they don't need to embellish to show it.
That area
Quote:

Gasoline prices in DFW are up over $1/gal last I checked/bought. Expect them to increase further.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.