Economy adds 266k jobs in April, below 1MM+ expected

9,072 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by richardag
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
FattyDelights said:

Shutting down the economy for COVID is going to be studied as one of the biggest disasters and mistakes in modern, economic history. How utterly stupid we are.
What will they make of 2021 and parts of the world still doing it? By comparison shutting down for just over a month in March-April as Trump originally intended only, makes total sense given how scary it looked.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
jac4
AG
FattyDelights said:

Shutting down the economy for COVID is going to be studied as one of the biggest disasters and mistakes in modern, economic history. How utterly stupid we are.

Historians, Economists, and economic historians are all liberals leftists. It will recorded as the greatest policy triumph in modern history and the impetus for the Great Reset.
Cassius
jac4 said:

FattyDelights said:

Historians, Economists, and economic historians are all liberals leftists. It will recorded as the greatest policy triumph in modern history and the impetus for the Great Reset.

Can't imagine how America's history will be rewritten. Evil, racist white men savagely stole the land from the peaceful POCs and built the nation on the backs of black slaves. But alas, whitey was finally exterminated and the glorious rebirth of the country began in peace and harmony with POCs living harmoniously together without the terror of whitey ever looming.
titan
S
Cassius said:

jac4 said:

FattyDelights said:

Can't imagine how America's history will be rewritten. Evil, racist white men savagely stole the land from the peaceful POCs and built the nation on the backs of black slaves. But alas, whitey was finally exterminated and the glorious rebirth of the country began in peace and harmony with POCs living harmoniously together without the terror of whitey ever looming.
Nah. The admins that governed the 21st C will be remembered with contempt something like 5th C western Rome. All historians will see is the great power we were in 1999 being completely imploded not by foreign threats, but by policy set by Washington D.C. and the legacy media. (The role of academia will probably be more under the radar, less obvious --- history looks at things from a 10,000 foot level)

All the real history will see is that the "rulers" from 2000-to ?? 2030 demolished a thriving empire. Much like Western Rome from 395. Alternatively, if it leads to a right wing Caesarism rise, or autocracy, it will be seen a democracy ultimately failed, and again mostly due to the rulers of the 21st C squandering the inheritance from the 20th. In that case it will be seen as the last to run the old Republic, before Caesar. A Senate very much botching the job.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
richardag
DTP02 said:

Oak Tree said:

DTP02 said:

aggielatoo said:

MemphisAg1 said:

When you pay people not to work... they don't work.
You are right. Trump should never have started the process.

That was put in by the Dems. But you're right that Trump should have held the line rather than give in to the left, even though they were holding the rest of the country hostage to get it passed.

The left is getting exactly what wanted from this: people who are dependent on the govt rather than self-reliant and self-accountable.

Republicans controlled the presidency and Senate...Republicans own this.

D's controlled the House and wouldn't let any of the other stuff pass without including this poison pill. No Rs supported it as far as I know, and many pointed out the longer term issues with it.

They should have held the line on it, but this was a Dem idea and Dems forced it in.
You're wasting your time, there's a song:
Quote:

I talk to the trees
But they don't listen to me
I talk to the stars
But they never hear me
The breeze hasn't time
To stop and hear what I say
I talk to them all in vain
Logic and facts are immaterial to a tree
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.