We are literally being led as a people by the CDC - how did this happen? Who saw this

3,883 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by doubledog
exp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://thepointsguy.com/news/norwegian-cruise-ceo-blasts-cdc-rules/

They're literally able to dictate how international cruise lines operate their cruises. Socially distanced sun bathing? Masks while socially distancing on the deck?

When vaccines are available for anyone who wants them?

Guys...this is beyond messed up. Our freedoms are GONE.
Stupid@17
AG
Pretty sure once you hit international waters anything goes.
sincereag
It completely sucks that we are losing our freedoms and so many people just are willing to accept this. There is no reason not to open everything back up and let people live their lives.
Post removed:
by user
My Name Is Judge
There was never a reason to shut anything down...
swampstander
AG
CDC can EAD
Tea Party
Freedom living conservatives saw the writing on the wall by this time last year, but we're publicly shamed for speaking up. Leftists, liberals, and faux conservatives didn't raise a big enough fuss thus let the problem grow to the monster it is today.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
exp
AG
It's like we've universally adopted this new rule making body that just gets to decide what ANYONE is allowed to do. And everyone is cool with it. Even CEOs of cruise lines who literally can't operate.

It's not the CDCs role to constrain freedom, in my opinion. If a virus is scary enough, people will assess the risk and take appropriate precautions. I can guarantee you if ebola was running rampant I would VOLUNTARILY lock myself down. I don't need the government to tell me to do it.

This is the same organization whose leader gave an emotional plea about impending doom literally days ago.

AGHouston11
AG
Who gave the recommendation that wet beach sand was ok but not dry sand - some really really dumb people in the party of Science
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Our country lost its rudder back in January. Democrat "leadership" is non existent.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Waffledynamics
AG
third coast.. said:

Stupid@17 said:

Because...the implications.
You keep saying that. ....What do you mean, exactly?
kag00
AG
Since when does CDC have the power of law?
The Debt
Waffledynamics said:

third coast.. said:

Stupid@17 said:

Just implying that something bad MAY happen
The Fife
Stupid@17 said:

agracer
AG
WTF do the cruise line, which are registered as foreign entities to avoid US taxes, concerned with what the CDC says to them?
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
The Fife
agracer said:

WTF do the cruise line, which are registered as foreign entities to avoid US taxes, concerned with what the CDC says to them?
I'm assuming they're being told to play along or risk losing the ability to dock at US ports.
Ag87H2O
AG
swampstander said:

CDC can EAD

Center for Dependent Crybabies
FriscoKid
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Some folks on here said that a year ago. Don't bother looking though because the history has been deleted.
DrEvazanPhD
The Debt said:

Waffledynamics said:

third coast.. said:

Stupid@17 said:

Just implying that something bad MAY happen

Why do you want to hurt these women?
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
third coast.. said:

Stupid@17 said:

InfantryAg
AG
"We are literally being led as a people by the CDC"

CDC literally being led by teachers union...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/emails-show-teachers-union-pressured-cdc-change-school-reopening-guidance

Albatross Necklace
Quote:

how did this happen?
Massive voter fraud

and

Cowardice by institutions designed to check aforementioned voter fraud.
ironmanag
AG
We have been saying since this started that it was about control.

Sadly we live in such a weak society that they gladly gave up their freedom for a false feeling of safety against a virus that has a 99.5% survival rate.
BigRobSA
Tea Party said:

Freedom living conservatives saw the writing on the wall by this time last year, but we're publicly shamed for speaking up. Leftists, liberals, and faux conservatives didn't raise a big enough fuss thus let the problem grow to the monster it is today.

This time last year?

Some of us saw this on day 1, over a weak ***** of a virus. LOLpandemic
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
beerad12man
AG
I'll admit, I was okay with the first 2 weeks. In hindsight, this was clearly a mistake because it set us off on our path. It made sense the way it was explained at least to get stocked on PPE, try to figure out what we were dealing with, better understand death rates, treatments, etc. It also helped that my company was talking about allowing me to work remotely from home and not miss a beat in my paycheck, so I didn't really care too much initially.

But then when the next 2 weeks was implemented, I was starting to get concerned with what rabbit hole we were going down, and to top it off my company said f*** you, you still need to come to the office every day. Within a month, we knew who this was attacking, had better ideas of treatments (ventilators bad), etc., Then when it was suggested to shut down longer, I knew we were making a huge mistake. I couldn't understand why we weren't just protecting nursing homes and giving the elderly / morbidly obese / ty 2 diabetics information on better to protect themselves.

Anything beyond the first 2 weeks I was against, and anything beyond the first 4 weeks I was adamantly against figuring we were just making things worse, freaking people out, and radically changing American's. It's hard to get back to December of 2019 when you've scared 25% of the public half to death, another 25% are indifferent / would ride this world out forever, and if you are lucky, only 50% of the population who wants it to go back to 100% the way it was before.
Rapier108
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
My Name Is Judge
FriscoKid said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Some folks on here said that a year ago. Don't bother looking though because the history has been deleted.

I was one of em

Bo exotic bayside was not
BigRobSA
My Name Is Judge said:

FriscoKid said:

My Name Is Judge said:

I was one of em

Bo exotic bayside was not
I was, too.

None of it made any sense. Not the "two weeks", not the "zOMG, this is EbolAIDS in the air", none of it.

As always, I was right.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
chimpanzee
An adapted version of the apocryphal quote of Stalin comes to mind:

"The CDC, how many divisions have they?"

Do they have an enforcement plan? Are federal marshals with guns going to show up at the gangway barring passengers from entering on orders from Wallensky? Somebody's lawyers ought to be tearing up every court they can right now. I imagine that they are, but you won't hear about it until the cases are nearly lost and the guidance will change.

FriscoKid
AG
beerad12man said:

I'll admit, I was okay with the first 2 weeks. In hindsight, this was clearly a mistake because it set us off on our path. It made sense the way it was explained at least to get stocked on PPE, try to figure out what we were dealing with, better understand death rates, treatments, etc. It also helped that my company was talking about allowing me to work remotely from home and not miss a beat in my paycheck, so I didn't really care too much initially.

But then when the next 2 weeks was implemented, I was starting to get concerned with what rabbit hole we were going down, and to top it off my company said f*** you, you still need to come to the office every day. Within a month, we knew who this was attacking, had better ideas of treatments (ventilators bad), etc., Then when it was suggested to shut down longer, I knew we were making a huge mistake. I couldn't understand why we weren't just protecting nursing homes and giving the elderly / morbidly obese / ty 2 diabetics information on better to protect themselves.

Anything beyond the first 2 weeks I was against, and anything beyond the first 4 weeks I was adamantly against figuring we were just making things worse, freaking people out, and radically changing American's. It's hard to get back to December of 2019 when you've scared 25% of the public half to death, another 25% are indifferent / would ride this world out forever, and if you are lucky, only 50% of the population who wants it to go back to 100% the way it was before.

I'm afraid you are correct. Stockholm Syndrome is in full effect.
TxTarpon
Did you miss 911?
We were being governed by the FBI and Dept of Homeland Insecurity then.
There was a terrorist under every rock.
Grandma and pregnant women needed a government sponsored grope at the airport while mosques were being planned at ground zero.
The days of getting to the airport 30 minutes before your flight died.
Shoes off, belt off, bag searches for that .5 once over the government limit of contact lens cleaner.

One of my favs was Homeland Insecurity trying to fingerprint and ID marine construction workers.
After years or work, many no longer had finger prints.
They eventually gave up on that.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
ChemEAg08
AG
sincereag said:

It completely sucks that we are losing our freedoms and so many people just are willing to accept this. There is no reason not to open everything back up and let people live their lives.

Yes there is. Some of us want to live our lives and fought against these stupid restrictions (going out, not wearing masks, having get together, etc). Screw the ones who cannot think for themselves or are scared of their shadow.

Texit.
Rick Burns
AG
Stupid@17 said:

That's why I fill up my hot tub with international waters.
FattyDelights
All this is going to collapse and when it's too late people will finally give a ****. Be sure to keep your guns when the scum look for food.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.