Photo of George Floyd juror

7,766 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by titan
DenverAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP
Cassius
Chauvin was sacrificed.
DenverAg91
AG
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chauvin-juror-defends-participation-washington-protest-77472635

This is an authentic picture even according to the mainstream media.

This is like having a diehard season ticket holder Patriots fan sitting on the Aaron Hernandez trial.
Cassius
no bias whatsoever...

Quote:

It shows Mitchell standing with two cousins and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, "GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS"
Artorias
AG
Totally fair and impartial trial
hunter2012
AG
Why that farce hasn't already been declared a mistrial is beyond me. Several jurors have incriminating pictures like this or tweets about how they wanted to be apart of history. There is nothing to indicate that the jury was impartial at all. Especially considering that all 3 charges are contradictory.
MallalieuAg
AG
The jury had their mind made up. They need to declare a mistrial and move the trial to another state.
Martin Q. Blank
MallalieuAg said:

The jury had their mind made up. They need to declare a mistrial and move the trial to another state.
They need to move it to a different country. Show the video to anyone overseas and they'll wonder what the problem was.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Cahill is a coward

He knew this was a mistrial but didn't want the mob coming to his house

Kicked the can down the road to appeal
Valhalla
I've heard it was more than one juror who supported BLM.
doubledog
MallalieuAg said:

This will become a case study in law school on how to loose an appeal (prosecution) or how a show trial is run in the US.

My thoughts is that this will go all they way to the SCOTUS where they will punt.
MookieBlaylock
AG
MLK is like nostradamus with that t shirt quote

fixer
Bwahahahahahahah

Can't wait for the appeals case.
4stringAg
AG
For the lawyers, if jurors hid this kind of bias during the selection process, and like the photo is revealed post trial does that in and of itself give grounds for appeal or mistrial?

Forgetting how you might feel about Chauvin and whether you think he was guilty or not, the way this trial went down from the jury bias/intimidation to the $27M award during selection, to another police killing while trial was going on leading to protests and rioting, to not sequestering the jury, to political figures like Waters and Biden injecting their feelings; this should not be how our justice system works.
TRADUCTOR
fixer said:

Bwahahahahahahah

Can't wait for the appeals case.

Dude, the left stole a presidential election. They own the justice department. Temper expectations.
DenverAg91
AG
Does anyone think they would allow a juror who wore a MAGA hat at a criminal trial of Trump?

We all know the answer
Tea Party
Leftists view the trial as a standard for how our justice system should be and will use any means at their disposal to achieve it.

There is no long term coexisting under the same laws with a large amount of people who have those convictions.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
BigHitterDaLama
One thing I always found curious is why Darren C. isn't wearing a 2-way radio in this video.....the other 3 cops are. It is required by law for Cops in the field to have it since it is a comm source back to precinct/HQ.

I have always been under the impression you cannot be in the field doing your job without the required components of the uniform code.....with the 2-way radio being one of the most vital for communication.

Bassmaster
AG
A mistrial is pre-verdict. Issues like this are grounds for an appeal, but the time for a mistrial has come and gone.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
DenverAg91 said:

SIAP

Stop Eating Fentanyl Like PEZ Candies
themissinglink
AG
So he lied on the jury questionnaire... Mistrial should be a layup at this point if any judge in Minnesota has the stones to actually follow the law. I wouldn't count on it though as the judge that actually does it will likely get his/her house burned down and family harassed.

Quote:

Mitchell said he answered "no" to two questions about demonstrations on the questionnaire sent out before jury selection.

The first question asked: "Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd's death?" The second asked: "Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?"
TRM
AG
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/05/04/derek-chauvin-juror-brandon-mitchells-participation-in-d-c-march-could-help-appeal-legal-experts-say/

Quote:

A photo is making the rounds on social media of Brandon Mitchell attending the March on Washington back in August, which commemorated the 57th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. giving his historic "I Have a Dream" speech.

In the image, Mitchell is wearing a T-shirt featuring the likeness of King, surrounded by text that reads "Get Your Knee Off Our Necks," and "BLM."

Floyd's family spoke briefly at that march. Mitchell told WCCO he was there to take part in a voter registration rally, not to protest and that he was an unbiased juror.
Quote:

A number of legal sources, including those familiar with the trial, told WCCO this juror at minimum will have to be questioned in what's called a Schwartz hearing. And depending on his answers, a mistrial could be declared.

WCCO spoke with law professor Rachel Moran from the University of St. Thomas about what this photo could mean for the case.

"Did the juror speak the truth? Or alternatively, did the juror say something untrue during questioning?" Moran said. "But the other thing to keep in mind is did the lawyers do their job in investigating the juror?" Moran said.

Before being selected, Mitchell filled out this questionnaire. On it, he said he never attended protests over police brutality in Minnesota or beyond. He also answered a question on Black Lives Matter, saying, "Black lives just want to be treated as equals and not killed or treated in an aggressive manner simply because they are Black."

"If he had been asked about it and he tried to hide it, that could be an issue," Moran said. "But at this point, I don't see anything, any evidence that he tried to hide it."

The defense does now have the right to ask Judge Peter Cahill to go back and question Mitchell, then Cahill can decide if the verdict will stand.
vansprinkle
AG
Are there any legal repercussions foe a juror to lie on his pre trial questionnaire? What about for his upcoming questionnaire?
FattyDelights
I expect nothing to change - the rule of law is dead in this country, unless you owe taxes.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Just like with global warming, and police violence I have been assured by the left, that liberal bias doesn't affect anything and the "trial" was fair.

Wake the hell up if you haven't aready, and realize that the opposition to prosperity/conservativism has never, and will never play fair.
DallasAg 94
gbaby23
AG

Cromagnum
AG
Time to burn cities down again when the appeal goes through for mistrial.
AGHouston11
AG
They all planned on voting guilty before the trial began. They only said what was needed to be selected.
Tramp96
doubledog said:

MallalieuAg said:

This will become a case study in law school on how to loose an appeal (prosecution) or how a show trial is run in the US.

My thoughts is that this will go all they way to the SCOTUS where they will punt.

LOSE.

The use of the word "loose" when it should be "lose" has become as big of an epidemic in the US as COVID. Probably bigger.

I see it everywhere and it's driving me insane.

Aggie Jurist
AG

Quote:

A mistrial is pre-verdict. Issues like this are grounds for an appeal, but the time for a mistrial has come and gone

I'm no expert on MN Criminal Procedure, but the trial judge still has this case - he hasn't imposed sentence. He should be able to set the verdict aside and call for a new trial - and should call this juror in for questioning.

See MN Rule 26.04

LGB
Tear Down This Wall
gbaby23 said:

Most jurors are ****ing idiots. I've been on one and was the foreman. As an attorney it just reinforces why no matter how good your case is, trusting a jury is a big risk. They simply are not equipped to do even a moderate level of legal analysis.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Minn. R. Crim. P. 26.04(1)2,3 Motion for New Trial. I'm thinking for failure transfer venue, to sequester the jury during political branch intervention, and jury misconduct. I note that Cahill can do so on his own initiative but I won't hold my breath. Looks like tomorrow is the filing deadline.
richardag
Bassmaster said:

A mistrial is pre-verdict. Issues like this are grounds for an appeal, but the time for a mistrial has come and gone.
Thank you for the information. So is this substantial grounds for appeal?
Aston04
AG
4stringAg said:

For the lawyers, if jurors hid this kind of bias during the selection process, and like the photo is revealed post trial does that in and of itself give grounds for appeal or mistrial?

Forgetting how you might feel about Chauvin and whether you think he was guilty or not, the way this trial went down from the jury bias/intimidation to the $27M award during selection, to another police killing while trial was going on leading to protests and rioting, to not sequestering the jury, to political figures like Waters and Biden injecting their feelings; this should not be how our justice system works.
Watch the OJ Simpson mini series on netflix... This appears to be the same thing happening.. Members of the African American community really wanted to be on the jury and deliver the verdict the community wanted. Facts and legal standards appear to not matter.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.