Photo of George Floyd juror

7,803 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by titan
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tramp96 said:

doubledog said:

MallalieuAg said:

The jury had their mind made up. They need to declare a mistrial and move the trial to another state.
This will become a case study in law school on how to loose an appeal (prosecution) or how a show trial is run in the US.

My thoughts is that this will go all they way to the SCOTUS where they will punt.

LOSE.

The use of the word "loose" when it should be "lose" has become as big of an epidemic in the US as COVID. Probably bigger.

I see it everywhere and it's driving me insane.

you're and your dominates the poor grammar field
JWinTX
No judge is going to overturn this for fear of backlash against him/her and what that means for their career and their life.

Welcome to Amerika...
TAMUallen
AG
Judge set this up for mistrial. Jury guaranteed it
TAMUallen
AG
JWinTX said:

No judge is going to overturn this for fear of backlash against him/her and what that means for their career and their life.

Welcome to Amerika...

Untrue.

Judges are 99.9% of the time untouchable

If this judge would be harmed there would be severe backlash against the perpetrators.

BLM has assumed some power. They don't have **** with judges power.

They have **** with community power as long as it isn't a majority white or wealthy neighborhood
TheTodd
The most dangerous thing I heard the whole trial was a congresswoman (don't remember her name)

"Even if he's not guilty, I hope they find him guilty"
eric76
AG
MallalieuAg said:

The jury had their mind made up. They need to declare a mistrial and move the trial to another state.
Can they do that?

If they move it to another state, would the trial be run by the laws of the other state? Would the judge and other court personnel be from Minnesota or from the other state?

My impression is that a change of venue for a state trial is going to be in the same state.
Aggie Jurist
AG
Quote:

JWinTX said:

Welcome to Amerika.

I clerked for a state trial court judge - he would set this verdict aside in a heartbeat. Many would. Why? First, because the juror lied to the judge - judges don't like that. They also hate being overturned. There are many reasons for the appeals court to overturn this verdict, most of which are because of decisions made by the trial court judge. For his professional reputation he can set this aside and not blame himself. This juror may have just bailed him out.
LGB
WestAustinAg
AG
Foxo said:

Tramp96 said:

doubledog said:

MallalieuAg said:

This will become a case study in law school on how to loose an appeal (prosecution) or how a show trial is run in the US.

My thoughts is that this will go all they way to the SCOTUS where they will punt.

LOSE.

The use of the word "loose" when it should be "lose" has become as big of an epidemic in the US as COVID. Probably bigger.

I particularly love the use of 'lead' instead of 'led' as a past tense.
Aggie Jurist
AG
Posting this also in the trial thread - a good read on why the verdict needs to be set-aside:

8 reasons the verdict should be set aside
LGB
CSTXAg92
AG
Foxo said:

Tramp96 said:

doubledog said:

MallalieuAg said:

LOSE.

Close 2nd: it's & its

Many don't understand contractions.
backintexas2013
AG
Tramp96 said:

doubledog said:

MallalieuAg said:

LOSE.

Do you even Texags bro?

Born&Raised
Cassius said:

Chauvin was sacrificed.

Chauvin was guilty. Your just against it because... libs. If the libs thought he was innocent you would be say -

"funny, libs can't see police brutality even when it's obvious.. ha ha"

- he did nothing to help that man - he watched as he begged for his life - he watched as his heart stopped - he watched as the other cops were trying to ask him if they wanted to roll him on his side... he had 15 complaints against him because of his behavior. He watched the life drain out of him as he picked the rocks out of the tire... he did NOT remove his body from Floyd's and kept his body on him as he died. If that was a conservative under the knee of a BLACK cop... F 16 would grab their AR's!

He was a crappy cop and a crappy career that was protected by police guarding there own instead of forcing him out of the dept.

Floyd's death is the culmination of his career as a cop.

He was, is and always will be guilty of murder. That is until the libs think he is innocent and then F16 will think he is guilty.
backintexas2013
AG
You are an angry poster. Good news is you only edited once. That's well below your average.

Oops spoke too soon.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I've said this all along about this trial: getting a verdict that will hold up on appeal (no matter what the verdict might be) will be virtually impossible. The only chance of an appeal-proof verdict would have been to transfer venue -- maybe even somewhere outside of Minnesota -- and keep the jury sequestered, provided you can even find one.

This episode is a great example of why the media absolutely has to stop trying cases in the court of public opinion before they get to a jury. The Rules of Evidence are stringent in testing and weighing the value and credibility of evidence. They are much more stringent than the nonsense editorial spin that comes out of newsrooms. The problem with that is that by blowing this story up the way that it did, the media tainted the jury pool.

What a mess. A lot of people are going to be up in arms as this verdict goes through stages of vacation and reinstatement.
Onceaggie2.0
Shocking born and raised doesn't understand simple legal concepts .
Aggie Jurist
AG
The question that NONE of the libs seem to be able to answer (and frankly, neither could the jury with the evidence before them) - WHAT KILLED GEORGE FLOYD? It wasn't Chauvin's knee. Absolutely zero evidence that Chauvin's knee caused the death. No asphyxiation, no loss of blood flow.
LGB
titan
S

Damn. Whatever you think of the circumstances of the incident and those involved, its the farce of a justice system process that should really get the attention. Democrat strongholds really are pocket Marxist states aren't they.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.