Lt Gov Patrick said bill to ban CRT will be introduced

5,270 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgricolaePugna
Bunkhouse96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The law does not mention crt by name, it makes it illegal to teach the ideas.
rgag12
AG
hawk1689 said:

How is this not just common sense? Do we need a bill introduced to ban the promotion of rape or murder in our schools?

If liberals find a way to package it so they can make activist mega dollars off of it like they did with CRT, then yes. I wouldn't put it past them.
Martin Q. Blank
aTm2004 said:

Following DeSantis...again.
That's fine. As long as we're following something good.
Martin Q. Blank
No teacher...shall make part of a course the following concepts:
(3) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his or her race or sex;

A teacher can't teach on affirmative action?
Chuckwaggie
AG
I'm a public school teacher in the state of Texas - I teach chemistry. I'll admit that I'm not all read up on all of this CRT stuff since it's kind of outside my realm of subject; in fact I was like crt...cathode ray tube; JJ Thomson.

This has been a trying year for all of us; I guarantee the majority of teachers have been busting their asses, but we've all been teaching with both hands tied behind our backs. It was the perfect storm of the lack of accountability at home rearing it's ugly head all at once and overwhelming the school systems who rely on attendance for funding. You have students working when they should be in school; students and parents who don't respond when reached out to and content with failing a class or a grade. The pendulum swung so far in the wrong direction this year, I hope we are able to swing it back where it needs to be.

Regarding this political stuff; any good history teacher will present the facts and let the kids generate their own conclusions. We know that stuff at home will be a deciding factor, especially if all they are hearing is slant and bias.

Thanks for continuing to fight the idiocy going on in the world and most of the teachers will do our part as well; just need to fix this failure/accountability issue first and get kids back in the classroom.
Civil04
AG
YouBet said:

Civil04 said:

When are we going to pull our kids from the government schools and demand our tax money? I've already pulled mine, but I subsidize this indoctrination. If its not CRT, its just something else. Plus you can't stop the teachers from teaching what they were brainwashed with. The alternative is to let the market decide. The government needs to be out of the education business.
Never. They would just replace it with a different tax. No way in hell they would let me take a 66% cut in taxes and just walk away from that.
I don't disagree that they will replace it with another tax. But this is not a tax debate. This is the indoctrination of our children through the government schools. We need to completely overhaul the education system and it begins with providing choice. The government schools are raising our kids and we need to get them out.

"Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world." Vladimir Lenin

If you don't think that's what's happening, you're not awake. We have to get our kids out of the government school system. Lenin also said "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

When are we going to learn?
coach mike
AG
This is good. I'm not a fan of any indoctrination other than good ole American values. God, Country & Apple Pie!!!
Coach Mike
schmellba99
AG
Troy91 said:

Don't know. Just saw that paragraph was filed and then removed in committee in both houses.

Typically, those removals are based upon feedback from committee members and are intended to make the bill acceptable to vote out.

Refusing to substitute by removing controversial sections is how bills die in committee.

Here is the removed paragraph that was included, erroneously in that tweet:

(h-1) In adopting the essential knowledge and skills for the
social studies curriculum, the State Board of Education shall adopt
essential knowledge and skills that develop each student's civic
knowledge, including an understanding of:
(1) the fundamental moral, political, and
intellectual foundations of the American experiment in
self-government, as well as the history, qualities, traditions, and
features of civic engagement in the United States;
(2) the structure, function, and processes of
government institutions at the federal, state, and local levels;
and
(3) the founding documents of the United States,
including the Declaration of Independence, the United States
Constitution, the Federalist Papers (including but not limited to
Essays 10 and 51), excerpts from Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy
in America, the first Lincoln-Douglas debate, and the writings of
the Founding Fathers of the United States.

Of course they want to eliminate this. Teaching actual civics is a threat to modern government bureaucrats.
schmellba99
AG
hawk1689 said:

How is this not just common sense? Do we need a bill introduced to ban the promotion of rape or murder in our schools?
Pretty soon we are going to need a bill that bans black people from knife fighting, because apparently that is just their culture and should be accepted.

So yes, odds are we will need bills banning the promotion of rape and murder at some point.
Stasco
AG
AggieKig said:

How do you enforce these bills?

Won't they just try to sneak in CRT but call it something else?

This. CRT is just one flavor. This is like an infinitely vast game of whack a mole. I'm all in favor of this bill, but don't harbor an illusions that this will fix anything.
cisgenderedAggie
Chuckwaggie said:

I'm a public school teacher in the state of Texas - I teach chemistry. I'll admit that I'm not all read up on all of this CRT stuff since it's kind of outside my realm of subject; in fact I was like crt...cathode ray tube; JJ Thomson.

This has been a trying year for all of us; I guarantee the majority of teachers have been busting their asses, but we've all been teaching with both hands tied behind our backs. It was the perfect storm of the lack of accountability at home rearing it's ugly head all at once and overwhelming the school systems who rely on attendance for funding. You have students working when they should be in school; students and parents who don't respond when reached out to and content with failing a class or a grade. The pendulum swung so far in the wrong direction this year, I hope we are able to swing it back where it needs to be.

Regarding this political stuff; any good history teacher will present the facts and let the kids generate their own conclusions. We know that stuff at home will be a deciding factor, especially if all they are hearing is slant and bias.

Thanks for continuing to fight the idiocy going on in the world and most of the teachers will do our part as well; just need to fix this failure/accountability issue first and get kids back in the classroom.

Start to recognize it because even science isn't safe. Mendeleev, Avagadro, Lavoisier, Bohr...all symbols of white supremacy and oppression of objectivity. It's a great barrier to equitable attainment of education because they don't look like PoC. Maybe you have Curie, but she's also white and a symbol of oppressive ways of knowing. You keep teaching the science and before you know it you'll wake up one day being a racist for denying that all those people really stole their ideas from a PoC.
cisgenderedAggie
Stasco said:

AggieKig said:

How do you enforce these bills?

Won't they just try to sneak in CRT but call it something else?

This. CRT is just one flavor. This is like an infinitely vast game of whack a mole. I'm all in favor of this bill, but don't harbor an illusions that this will fix anything.

This is true. Need to stamp out all intersectional essentialism, not just race, from K-12. I don't really care if dumb****s want to bankrupt themselves studying that garbage in college as long is stays in the toilet of a humanities department at full price.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

My guess is they looked at what happened in Southlake and realized this is important to their voters.
Yep. This was a central issue around the state, highlighted by Southlake.

The NEED to educate the State. It's being framed right now as racists vs. concerned citizens. They need to educate the public about the truth of the curriculum. Re-Frame for what it is..... "Lies vs Truth"...and explain why it's detrimental to all citizens, especially people of color.

That will go a long way towards shutting up the ignorant/loud voices.
aggielatoo
FCBlitz said:

Good. Nice to have adults in charge.
Who you talking about? You must mean Biden.
aggielatoo
YouBet
AG
Civil04 said:

YouBet said:

Civil04 said:

When are we going to pull our kids from the government schools and demand our tax money? I've already pulled mine, but I subsidize this indoctrination. If its not CRT, its just something else. Plus you can't stop the teachers from teaching what they were brainwashed with. The alternative is to let the market decide. The government needs to be out of the education business.
Never. They would just replace it with a different tax. No way in hell they would let me take a 66% cut in taxes and just walk away from that.
I don't disagree that they will replace it with another tax. But this is not a tax debate. This is the indoctrination of our children through the government schools. We need to completely overhaul the education system and it begins with providing choice. The government schools are raising our kids and we need to get them out.

"Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world." Vladimir Lenin

If you don't think that's what's happening, you're not awake. We have to get our kids out of the government school system. Lenin also said "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

When are we going to learn?
I completely agree with you. I just don't see anything changing here. Two thirds of my property taxes in Dallas County go to DISD and that increases every time we have a vote because the idiot leftists that dominate Dallas County keep voting for tax increases....for the children!!!!

The only alternative outcome is that they would replace it with a state income tax so you are going to pay no matter what.

The public school system could crash here and the tax wouldn't go away; they would just redirect it some other leftist horsesh^t. So, you can pull your kids out (which you should) but you are still going to pay the tax one way or the other. Only way to mitigate tax burden is to not live in an urban county like I do.
Civil04
AG
Very valid points...the whole taxation thing, I think that led to something in our nation's past.

I live in the BCS area, so our taxes aren't exactly low. Its a kick in the pants to pay taxes and private school tuition. I'm open to other solutions to improve my school choice without taxes going up.

I do however think we have to start banging the drum on the fact that the government schools have no competition and are subsidized by our tax dollars. We have to find a way to create competition and they won't see it until we pull our kids and starting pressing our electeds.
ttu_85
Keegan99 said:

Good. Get this done.
Yep throw it in the sewer where it belongs. This stuff is going to get lots of innocent people killed
ttu_85
aggielatoo said:

FCBlitz said:

Good. Nice to have adults in charge.
Who you talking about? You must mean Biden.
Bawhahah. You must have very low expectations as to what constitutes adult leadership.

Give me examples where Biden provided adult leadership other than the knee pads he wears for China and foreign interest.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Chuckwaggie said:

Well said.
cazadore
CRT is lower than whale excrement and that's on the bottom of the ocean.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
cazadore said:

CRT is lower than whale excrement and that's on the bottom of the ocean.
NVM
AgricolaePugna
A bill has already passed the Texas Senate (SB 2202) and is headed to the House. One way or another, get this written into law.
Hard times don’t last, hard people do.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.