Arizona Election Audit

13,874 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MouthBQ98
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks to all.
Sterling82
aggiehawg said:

Senator Fann's letter has scared MCBOS back into emergency meetings.

Notice they just have to take some potshots at CyberNinjas and Senator Fann. Considering everything, her letter was exceedingly polite, in my view. And instead of hauling theirs butts into court on a show cause hearing, she's inviting them to a public hearing next week. (Odds anyone of them show up next week ? I'd say zero.)

It's pretty pathetic when a meeting notice has to be used to posture. After reading today's materials I just can't believe there aren't massive payoffs to these "election officials". If law enforcement wasn't so busy busting white supremists they could probably get all kinds of confessions.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It's pretty pathetic when a meeting notice has to be used to posture. After reading today's materials I just can't believe there aren't massive payoffs to these "election officials". If law enforcement wasn't so busy busting white supremists they could probably get all kinds of confessions.
It is also a sign of peeing down your leg fear. They took Zuckbucks and pocketed a portion of them. I posted the response from Detroit to a Zuckbuck questionnaire earlier today.

Basically said that used zero of the 7.4 million "grant" (actually criminal solicitation) to nto provide one single dollar towards PPE nor Covid protection for the workers. But they sure did use the money to hire the peopl they wanted to achieve a "positive result."

And they want the grant to be doubled, as well. So they can bribe more election workers to skew the results.
rab79
AG
VegasAg86 said:

aggiehawg said:

Appreciate the insight. Question? Does the program used to delete files such as Bleach Bit leave an elctronic trace it was used? Do other "secure delete programs" leave signatures? TIA.
I don't know about an electronic trace, but you know they were used because everything is gone. IMO, if everything is gone after a deletion, it's not an "oopsie".
Exactly right you have to consciously wipe a file to make it unrecoverable, accidently hitting delete doesn't overwrite the file.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
VegasAg86
AG
rab79 said:

VegasAg86 said:

aggiehawg said:

Appreciate the insight. Question? Does the program used to delete files such as Bleach Bit leave an elctronic trace it was used? Do other "secure delete programs" leave signatures? TIA.
I don't know about an electronic trace, but you know they were used because everything is gone. IMO, if everything is gone after a deletion, it's not an "oopsie".
Exactly right you have to consciously wipe a file to make it unrecoverable, accidently hitting delete doesn't overwrite the file.

Like, with a cloth?

Sterling82
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It is also a sign of peeing down your leg fear. They took Zuckbucks and pocketed a portion of them. I posted the response from Detroit to a Zuckbuck questionnaire earlier today.

Basically said that used zero of the 7.4 million "grant" (actually criminal solicitation) to nto provide one single dollar towards PPE nor Covid protection for the workers. But they sure did use the money to hire the peopl they wanted to achieve a "positive result."

And they want the grant to be doubled, as well. So they can bribe more election workers to skew the results.

Incredible! Blatant bribery thinly veiled as a get out the vote campaign. He should be in prison.
thirdcoast
AG
I've been saying for months that the blm folks wearing "election protection" and "get out the vote" t-shirts were just a bunch of cheaters. Not a single one provided a sworn affidavit when they had thousands against them. They just play the race card and risking their life against covid card, then disappear.

Cash rewards for snitching is how you deal with these people. Maybe throw in some free handicap parking signs too.
rab79
AG
only if you carry hot sauce in your purse....
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
azul_rain
Arizona is going red
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
eric76
AG
Tailgate88 said:

eric76 said:

aezmvp said:

eric76 said:

aezmvp said:

aggiehawg said:

Decay said:

Charpie said:

Can someone other than me actually translate what the top tweet shows? The X over those file links are just decorations. If they were deleted and you can see the directories, you should be able to recover them
It's a data recovery program. Looks like they're showing exactly what's been deleted.
Completely deleted? How do data recovery programs work?
Some times when you "delete" something it takes the registry away meaning the computer doesn't know where to look for that information. In that case the data may still be there because it hasn't been overwritten, though it is available to be so because its not registered as actively used.

So the computer didn't change all the 1s and 0s where the data was, it just thinks it's blank. That means that if you have a history of the registry file you can go and find it. It could be place in LOTS of places non-sequentially all over your hard drive.

At least that is my understanding.
Microsoft now puts the directory information into the registry?

How strange!
I probably screwed it up. Not IT.

Edit: added a note above to reflect I'm dumb.
Knowing Microsoft, I wouldn't put it past them to try to merge them together. It would be highly improbable and rather messy, but not impossible.
Microsoft is dumb but they do at least put the file information into the Master File Table in NTFS, not the registry. The concept is valid, though - you can delete the file from the MFT but the 1's and 0's of the actual "deleted" file are still out on the disk, waiting for a data recovery program to find them.

Unless, that is, you use a secure delete program, such as the famous "Bleach Bit" employed by Hillary when she was wiping her laptop - you know, like with a cloth.

There are plenty of secure delete programs that will delete a file, then find the area on the disk where the file used to reside, and overwrite it with random patterns 1 or 3 or 5 or 100 times. If I was in a position to delete the primary voter database from a voting machine to hide the fact that I cheated my ass off and also to try and keep my ass out of jail, you can bet I'd be utilizing one of those to delete it with.

(Eric, I know you understand this, just posting for the benefit of some of our less techie friends here.)
I don't know about on Windows file systems, but with some file systems, particularly with journaling file systems, even overwriting with random patterns may not work because they don't necessarily write in place.
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

Tailgate88 said:

eric76 said:

aezmvp said:

eric76 said:

aezmvp said:

aggiehawg said:

Decay said:

Charpie said:

Can someone other than me actually translate what the top tweet shows? The X over those file links are just decorations. If they were deleted and you can see the directories, you should be able to recover them
It's a data recovery program. Looks like they're showing exactly what's been deleted.
Completely deleted? How do data recovery programs work?
Some times when you "delete" something it takes the registry away meaning the computer doesn't know where to look for that information. In that case the data may still be there because it hasn't been overwritten, though it is available to be so because its not registered as actively used.

So the computer didn't change all the 1s and 0s where the data was, it just thinks it's blank. That means that if you have a history of the registry file you can go and find it. It could be place in LOTS of places non-sequentially all over your hard drive.

At least that is my understanding.
Microsoft now puts the directory information into the registry?

How strange!
I probably screwed it up. Not IT.

Edit: added a note above to reflect I'm dumb.
Knowing Microsoft, I wouldn't put it past them to try to merge them together. It would be highly improbable and rather messy, but not impossible.
Microsoft is dumb but they do at least put the file information into the Master File Table in NTFS, not the registry. The concept is valid, though - you can delete the file from the MFT but the 1's and 0's of the actual "deleted" file are still out on the disk, waiting for a data recovery program to find them.

Unless, that is, you use a secure delete program, such as the famous "Bleach Bit" employed by Hillary when she was wiping her laptop - you know, like with a cloth.

There are plenty of secure delete programs that will delete a file, then find the area on the disk where the file used to reside, and overwrite it with random patterns 1 or 3 or 5 or 100 times. If I was in a position to delete the primary voter database from a voting machine to hide the fact that I cheated my ass off and also to try and keep my ass out of jail, you can bet I'd be utilizing one of those to delete it with.

(Eric, I know you understand this, just posting for the benefit of some of our less techie friends here.)
With modern file systems, it might work better just to fill the hard drive with a random file so that you overwrite all the free space on the drive.

Even this may not work because modern disk drives will leave extra blocks on the disk that it can map into other spots on the drive to replace blocks that went bad. So you could write over a block with the same "location" as before, but the previous block may at that location may be elsewhere on the hard drive and not overwritten. I have no idea how hard it would be to go back and locate those abandoned blocks, though.

The best bet would probably be to encrypt the drive, do whatever you are going to do, and then delete the encrypted drive and reinstall everything. Even if you leave something behind, it would be encrypted and probably not worth the years of effort to retrieve.

For what it's worth, I encrypt the hard drives on my lap tops. That way, if someone steals one somewhere, for example if I forget it at Dairy Queen (not likely) and they take it home, all my confidential data is encrypted and they can't get to it without guessing my encryption key. If they try to take the drive out and mount it on another machine, all they get is a bunch of encrypted gibberish.
VegasAg86
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
American Hardwood
AG
Quote:

I don't think you quite got the answer you were looking for on this question. I'm not an expert, but while there may not be a log, the lack of intact data or the nature of the data overwriting the block could in itself be evidence that a secure deletion had occurred. Thereby not an accident and not conventional. To me it would be direct evidence of destroying evidence.

Another aspect of this would be how long the drives were in use before being sequestered. After you delete something, the operating system recognizes that block of the drive as available. The longer the drive is in use, the more likely that the blocks have been overwritten with new data with just normal operation.

Obviously we are dealing with magnetic drives here thankfully and not SSD's. Again, not an expert, but if these were SSD's I believe the deletion would be permanent and without a trace. Can a techie confirm?
MouthBQ98
AG
Not sure. I think the referenced memory bit state would still remain unchanged unless modified by a subsequent write action, and that there's not a default state it changes back to once it is no longer referenced in the file table.

Deleted data can be recovered so long as the data format is known and so long as the referenced disc locations haven't been overwritten with new data or thoroughly fully reformatted (not just a FAT deletion)

There are programs that will crawl through a drive bit by bit, memory reference by Reference and look for the patterns indicating structured data and can rebuild much of the data even with a deleted file allocation table.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.