Did Maxine Waters Travel Across State Lines To Incite A Riot

13,383 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiehawg
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
B-1 83 said:

I, B-1 83, do hereby apologize for my misinterpretation of "riot" laws. An actual lawyer set me straight with facts. Indeed the concept of "encouraging breaking the law" is quite a stretch for inciting a riot, but it is the law. I went to the trouble to seek hard core facts, now it's up to a few of you to do your fact finding on my being a liberal or Marxist.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
mjschiller
AG
She traveled across state lines to incite the riot. She needs to be charged federally and by Minn.. She is a commie democrat whose goal is to destroy our Constitution.
Gigem314
AG
aginlakeway said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Waffledynamics said:

Holy crap she just went way above and beyond anything they accused Trump of when they said he incited a riot.

Where's Aggiedub & his expert opinion on inciting riots?

They won't post on this thread.
Yep. They're fine with their side doing it. They just hate Republicans.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Still waiting for B1 to answer my question:

Since she's inciting lawlessness for the intention of depriving a citizen of due process, do you consider that impeachable?

Yes or No
B-1 83
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Still waiting for B1 to answer my question:

Since she's inciting lawlessness for the intention of depriving a citizen of due process, do you consider that impeachable?

Yes or No
I didn't realize that was in the form of any question. We have decided that she IS inciting lawlessness. That, in and of itself, violates federal law. The intention of "depriving a citizen of due process" is a rather bizarre take, but if you want to go there, her words might be taken as such. Satisfied? Am I off your "Marxist" list now?
snowdog90
B-1 83 said:

I, B-1 83, do hereby apologize for my misinterpretation of "riot" laws. An actual lawyer set me straight with facts. Indeed the concept of "encouraging breaking the law" is quite a stretch for inciting a riot, but it is the law. I went to the trouble to seek hard core facts, now it's up to a few of you to do your fact finding on my being a liberal or Marxist.

Good on you, b-1. I've had my share of mea culpas on this board. Builds character. Good for the soul. Forgive me if I was rude, I can get a little childish on here.
aggiehawg
AG
Oops. She said that out loud.

Quote:

"I came here for one reason, just to be here, to make sure that I let my thoughts be heard among all of those who have spent so much time on the streets. And so I'm hopeful that the protests will continue," she said.
Quote:

When asked about the fact that she was breaking curfew, she said "I don't know what curfew means."
Quote:

"A curfew means that 'I want y'all to stop talking,'" she said, adding, "I don't agree with it."
The extremist politician urged people to continuing protesting, violating the curfew.
Link
richardag
B-1 83 said:

I respect that statement by you, and remember I did say you seemed reasonable. I won't apologize for calling you a liberal or a Marxist as I did no such thing.

I also respect your opinion that her statement may not be impeachable but I happen to think it is and should be acted on. We disagree and that is a fundamental aspect of living in a Republic.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Solicitation, in criminal law, the request, encouragement, or direction of one person by another to commit a serious criminal offense. It is frequently linked with the crime of incitement. An inciter is generally one who is present at the scene of the offense and who encourages the principal offender to commit an act that he is already inclined to commit on his own. A solicitor need not be present at the scene but is responsible for procuring and directing the act itself. Solicitation is a crime in itself regardless of whether the act solicited is eventually committed. Incitement is frequently punished only with regard to an act that is committed.

Solicitation is a step toward the commission of a crime. If the person solicited is not legally liable, as in the case of a child, the solicitor may be guilty of an attempt to solicit. If the solicited party accomplishes the contemplated act, the solicitor may be punished as an accessory. See also accomplice.
Link

The drive by shooting at the National Guardsmen occurred just a few hours after Maxine's statements.
Maroon Dawn
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Solicitation, in criminal law, the request, encouragement, or direction of one person by another to commit a serious criminal offense. It is frequently linked with the crime of incitement. An inciter is generally one who is present at the scene of the offense and who encourages the principal offender to commit an act that he is already inclined to commit on his own. A solicitor need not be present at the scene but is responsible for procuring and directing the act itself. Solicitation is a crime in itself regardless of whether the act solicited is eventually committed. Incitement is frequently punished only with regard to an act that is committed.

Solicitation is a step toward the commission of a crime. If the person solicited is not legally liable, as in the case of a child, the solicitor may be guilty of an attempt to solicit. If the solicited party accomplishes the contemplated act, the solicitor may be punished as an accessory. See also accomplice.
Link

The drive by shooting at the National Guardsmen occurred just a few hours after Maxine's statements.

But thank God she wasn't inciting violence according to her defenders on here
Always_Right
AG
Trash politician supporting a trash culture, cancerous ****.
StandUpforAmerica
Great_I_Am said:

Trash politician supporting a trash culture, cancerous ****.
What are you talking about? This type of behavior is completely normal.

TexasAggie81
mwm said:

Yes, she did. IMO, she has engaged in an impeachable act.

But nothing will happen because she has a "D" after her name.

Members of the House cannot be impeached. They can be reprimanded, censured, expelled (by the House) and unelected (by their constituents). Only federal judges and members of the executive branch may be impeached and removed.
Sully Dog
aggiehawg said:

Oops. She said that out loud.

Quote:

"I came here for one reason, just to be here, to make sure that I let my thoughts be heard among all of those who have spent so much time on the streets. And so I'm hopeful that the protests will continue," she said.
Quote:

When asked about the fact that she was breaking curfew, she said "I don't know what curfew means."
Quote:

"A curfew means that 'I want y'all to stop talking,'" she said, adding, "I don't agree with it."
The extremist politician urged people to continuing protesting, violating the curfew.
Link

I hope Cahill drags her into court tomorrow and rips her a new *******
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
fixer
I submit California 43 congressional district has lost the right to have representation.

Cromagnum
AG
Look at all the insurrection Maxine caused on F16. If she can do it here, just think what she is doing in Minnesota!
DimebagsGhost
AG
Is she a Democrat? Then she did no wrong. Don't you get how this works?
stick93
AG
Waters is everything that is wrong with our country. Rather than using her position to push for positive change she starts her rambling, inciting lecture with "right wing racists".

We are seemingly past the point of no return but it sure would have been nice for a POC in a leadership role to step up and work on changes within before blaming everyone else.
Skillet Shot
Can someone post the actual transcript of what she said
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
aggiehawg
AG
Branca's take:

Quote:

Those words said in the midst of a peaceful protest could be interpreted as merely urging further peaceful effortswhen said in the midst of a protest already violent, it can only be interpreted as a call for more violence.

And, sure enough, shortly after Waters' comments, shots were fired at Minnesota National Guardsman present to secure public safety from the violent mob.

In that same video clip, Waters can be heard demanding that the chaos occurring in the streets of Minneapolis and all over the country around the trial of Derek Chauvin continue, and intensify, unless Chauvin is found guilty of first-degree (pre-meditated) murderan intentional killing charge not even the state of Minnesota thought appropriate to bring against him, and obviously one not even on the table for the jury's consideration.

A routine question for criminal defense attorneys at cocktail parties is, how can you defend people in court whom you know to be among society's worst criminal predators.

And the fundamental answer to that question, at least for this criminal defense attorney, is because I care desperately about the process of justice generally, and American criminal due process in particular.
Denial of the criminal due process to the worst of us can only lead to denial of criminal due process to the rest of usand therein lies mob "justice" and judicial, or even literal, lynching.
Link

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.