White House Releases Biden's Anti-Gun Executive Orders

7,291 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by deddog
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But will it be racist to take guns from POCs?
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
None of these proposed changes would do a damn thing about the problem of gun violence. The murder rate in Chicago and other Democrat run cities will not reduce whatsoever.

That would start with actually enforcing laws that are currently on the books and punishing those who commit crimes.

This does nothing but put an undue burden out of citizens who already follow laws. Criminals will continue to ignore laws. Minorities will still die in Democratic controlled cities at a disproportionate rate, at the hand of their peers, and other revolvers, shotguns, and semi-auto handguns that are legal in virtually every state. Just not legal to own by convicted felons who will continue to ignore any laws. And the courts will continue to decline to prosecute and punish.

But white liberals will champion this as meaningful action because it makes them feel better.
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
So the Feds want to make it more difficult & expensive for physically disabled (or those with limited strength) gun owners to be able to fire a gun as effectively as possible?
ruddyduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GAC06 said:

Those are dumb but pretty tame


Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cassius said:

Clob94 said:

So we hire a guy to run the ATF that was involved with the Branch Davidian massacre...........


What could possibly go wrong? ...........


That dude was part of the Branch Davidian murders? He should not be anywhere near the control panel! We are so screwed!



He's also involved with the Gifford's and Bloomberg's gun control advocacy efforts. His nomination is without a doubt the most troubling thing about this current infringement push
4stringAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, he is a rabid anti-gun activist. Worse guy possible to be leading ATF if you are pro 2A.
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
fixer said:

AGHouston11 said:

This is just the first phase to get you used to what's coming after the next false flag incident. It's already ready to go I'm sure by EO.
Yep.

This is step one.

Next step is any firearm with more than 10 rounds registered through NFA, including magazines. (Biden campaigned on this idea)

Then...voluntary buyback.

Then...involuntary relinquishment actions.
The way to deal with it is to dismiss any such false flag as simply proof that ALL law abiding should carry or be armed so they can deal with the law-breaking variety.

Also, force the media to stop using names. Malkin was correct that they should just be numbers. Take the glamor out of it.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4stringAg said:

Yep, he is a rabid anti-gun activist. Worse guy possible to be leading ATF if you are pro 2A.


It is as bad as having Gina McCarthy lead EPA during the Obama administration
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

Its actually far worse. Waco is one of the worst of the civil right's blights in our government history. Its in the area of Wounded Knee.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joe Biden has a 2 year old grand daughter he's never met because he disapproves of her mother.

I am not looking to him for any moral guidance.
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They must do it....for the children....

----------------------------------
"Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars."-Rodney Crowell

"The Legislature’s passage of this bill represents Texas’ strongest stand to protect the right to keep and bear arms since the siege of the Alamo.";--Rachel Malone, Texas Director GOA-2021
ShotOver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

waitwhat? said:

Nothing of substance (thankfully). But the left will proclaim this as a major win.

What a little b****.
Except for David Chipman running the ATF.

He will try his best to ban pretty much everything via regulation, or make ownership prohibitively expensive.

Didn't he shoot John Lennon?
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.


President Potted Plant
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anybody actually there or is it just speakers and someone playing applause tape? It's so awkward.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

"Nothing I'm about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," Biden said. "These are phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake from what we're talking about."

Continuing, Biden said: "But no amendment to the Constitution is absolute ... From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

In attendance were several high-profile gun control activists, including Brady United president Kris Brown, former Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., and Fred Guttenberg.

An administration official detailed the actions to reporters on Wednesday. Among them, Biden is asking the Justice Department (DOJ) to propose within a month a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally to assemble a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

Biden is also asking the DOJ to propose within 60 days a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; to propose action on "community violence intervention"; to publish suggestions for "red flag" legislation; and is asking his administration to issue a report on gun trafficking.

Biden also formally announced David Chipman as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

A senior administration official Wednesday said that Chipman will respect the Second Amendment while he enforces gun laws.

<snip>

"Enough prayers, time for some action," Biden said of Congress. "I believe the Senate should immediately pass three House-passed bills to close loopholes that allow gun purchases, purchasers, to bypass the background checks."

He also pushed for two gun control laws that would go even further than that.

"We should also ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country," Biden said. He said "there's no reason" a person would need a weapon that can hold "100 rounds."

"We should also eliminate gun manufacturers from the immunity they receive from the Congress," Biden said, referring to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a law that prevents gunmaker from being sued for crimes committed with guns they sell legally.

"This is the only outfit that is exempt from being sued," he continued. "If I get one thing on my list... give me that one because I tell you what there would be a come to the Lord moment these folks would have real quickly."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-guns-remarks-executive-actions

As I've said before, their #1 goal is to allow gun makers to be sued anytime someone uses a gun in a crime, even if the weapon was sold legally, or was a stolen gun. This will put them all out of business within a few years, and with no more guns, or even parts being made, then you have a defacto gun ban without the need to actually pass a bill banning guns and ammo.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

"Nothing I'm about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," Biden said. "These are phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake from what we're talking about."

Continuing, Biden said: "But no amendment to the Constitution is absolute ... From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

In attendance were several high-profile gun control activists, including Brady United president Kris Brown, former Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., and Fred Guttenberg.

An administration official detailed the actions to reporters on Wednesday. Among them, Biden is asking the Justice Department (DOJ) to propose within a month a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally to assemble a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

Biden is also asking the DOJ to propose within 60 days a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; to propose action on "community violence intervention"; to publish suggestions for "red flag" legislation; and is asking his administration to issue a report on gun trafficking.

Biden also formally announced David Chipman as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

A senior administration official Wednesday said that Chipman will respect the Second Amendment while he enforces gun laws.

<snip>

"Enough prayers, time for some action," Biden said of Congress. "I believe the Senate should immediately pass three House-passed bills to close loopholes that allow gun purchases, purchasers, to bypass the background checks."

He also pushed for two gun control laws that would go even further than that.

"We should also ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country," Biden said. He said "there's no reason" a person would need a weapon that can hold "100 rounds."

"We should also eliminate gun manufacturers from the immunity they receive from the Congress," Biden said, referring to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a law that prevents gunmaker from being sued for crimes committed with guns they sell legally.

"This is the only outfit that is exempt from being sued," he continued. "If I get one thing on my list... give me that one because I tell you what there would be a come to the Lord moment these folks would have real quickly."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-guns-remarks-executive-actions

As I've said before, their #1 goal is to allow gun makers to be sued anytime someone uses a gun in a crime, even if the weapon was sold legally, or was a stolen gun. This will put them all out of business within a few years, and with no more guns, or even parts being made, then you have a defacto gun ban without the need to actually pass a bill banning guns and ammo.
Then apply that to media coverage stirring up and inciting crimes and division. If going to erode the 2nd, weaken them too.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
CREAg87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I no longer have the words to describe my contempt for those that voted for this.
A.C.A.B.- All Communists Are *******s
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
waitwhat? said:

Nothing of substance (thankfully). But the left will proclaim this as a major win.

What a little b****.
Bull***** This has a lot of substance, especially the red flag laws, the reclassifying a chunk of metal now as a firearm and especially appointing an absolute lunatic anti-gun tyrant as director of the ATF.

Not to mention arbitrarily changing the definitino of a pistol outside of going through the legislative process.

This is a huge, huge issue across the board and opens the door to using EO's to effectively circumvent existing legislation and arbitrarily make up new rules at the whim of a crazy AF vegetable head that makes somebody like me essentially a federal criminal overnight.

Lots of substance, you have to look at the long game and the implications of opening the door in this manner.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Constitution."
whats he babbling about here? You could own anything you wanted as long as you could afford it. Is he talking about a certain demographic of people?
Fedup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

"Nothing I'm about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," Biden said. "These are phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake from what we're talking about."

Continuing, Biden said: "But no amendment to the Constitution is absolute ... From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

In attendance were several high-profile gun control activists, including Brady United president Kris Brown, former Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., and Fred Guttenberg.

An administration official detailed the actions to reporters on Wednesday. Among them, Biden is asking the Justice Department (DOJ) to propose within a month a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally to assemble a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

Biden is also asking the DOJ to propose within 60 days a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; to propose action on "community violence intervention"; to publish suggestions for "red flag" legislation; and is asking his administration to issue a report on gun trafficking.

Biden also formally announced David Chipman as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

A senior administration official Wednesday said that Chipman will respect the Second Amendment while he enforces gun laws.

<snip>

"Enough prayers, time for some action," Biden said of Congress. "I believe the Senate should immediately pass three House-passed bills to close loopholes that allow gun purchases, purchasers, to bypass the background checks."

He also pushed for two gun control laws that would go even further than that.

"We should also ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country," Biden said. He said "there's no reason" a person would need a weapon that can hold "100 rounds."

"We should also eliminate gun manufacturers from the immunity they receive from the Congress," Biden said, referring to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a law that prevents gunmaker from being sued for crimes committed with guns they sell legally.

"This is the only outfit that is exempt from being sued," he continued. "If I get one thing on my list... give me that one because I tell you what there would be a come to the Lord moment these folks would have real quickly."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-guns-remarks-executive-actions

As I've said before, their #1 goal is to allow gun makers to be sued anytime someone uses a gun in a crime, even if the weapon was sold legally, or was a stolen gun. This will put them all out of business within a few years, and with no more guns, or even parts being made, then you have a defacto gun ban without the need to actually pass a bill banning guns and ammo.
this is like suing car manufacturers for every car accident. its downright stupid.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dromo07 said:

Quote:

From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Constitution."
whats he babbling about here? You could own anything you wanted as long as you could afford it. Is he talking about a certain demographic of people?
The only people not allowed to own weapons at the time were slaves, which is probably what his brain of mush was thinking about.

Heck, back when this country was founded, private citizens owned their own warships which were powerful enough to go up against anything other than top rated British frigates or ships of the line.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
exactly maybe it was his reminder to people about slavery
Coog97
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Biden is also asking the DOJ to propose within 60 days a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate;

Less accurate weapons = safer

Got it.
cypress-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Percentage of shootings by law abiding gun owners versus the rank and file criminal on the street that has no respect for any laws or executive orders? Concerned Moderates can help with this answer.

These actions do nothing to stop the day to carnage on the streets of America it's just working to prevent the law abiding folks from protecting their property and loved ones.
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

And the Boehner types that were "functionally Democrats" by parroting the DNC-MSM talking points and who routinely thus add to the Left chorus's numbers rather than being a constructive force.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.
He's catering to the lowest common denominator which is his voting base
And they think he's intelligent
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
deddog said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.
He's catering to the lowest common denominator which is his voting base
And they think he's intelligent
When the best one can muster is 120 characters typed out in a fit of rage, Biden speaking sounds like a doctoral thesis.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

deddog said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.
He's catering to the lowest common denominator which is his voting base
And they think he's intelligent
When the best one can muster is 120 characters typed out in a fit of rage, Biden speaking sounds like a doctoral thesis.
Yeah, because Trump NEVER gave any speeches, ever. Only used twitter, right?

Good Lord, the TDS among some is astounding.
themissinglink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just say "Gun Rights are Infrastructure" and Biden will change his tune
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmellba99 said:

Rapier108 said:

deddog said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.
He's catering to the lowest common denominator which is his voting base
And they think he's intelligent
When the best one can muster is 120 characters typed out in a fit of rage, Biden speaking sounds like a doctoral thesis.
Yeah, because Trump NEVER gave any speeches, ever. Only used twitter, right?

Good Lord, the TDS among some is astounding.
My comment had nothing to do with Trump.

It was completely referring to the brain dead NPCs that make up the base of the Democrat Party and are not capable of thinking outside the world of Twitter.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
HelloUncleNateFitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmellba99 said:

Rapier108 said:

deddog said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone listening to Biden explain this stuff? This guy is a rambling idiot.
He's catering to the lowest common denominator which is his voting base
And they think he's intelligent
When the best one can muster is 120 characters typed out in a fit of rage, Biden speaking sounds like a doctoral thesis.
Yeah, because Trump NEVER gave any speeches, ever. Only used twitter, right?

Good Lord, the TDS among some is astounding.

Rapier has TDS about as much as AOC has intellectual honesty. Come on, man!
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
APHIS AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As I predicted many years ago, one of the provisions is to strengthen regulations in preventing the mentally ill from owning a gun.

All those with PTSD, watch as your right to own a gun disappears like a fart in the wind.
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

Social Justice warriors want something to go after, they should look at the perps of Waco. You can't make Wounded Knee right, but culprits from this one are still around and one just got empowered.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Page 2 of 3
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.