White House Releases Biden's Anti-Gun Executive Orders

9,700 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by deddog
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of "ghost guns."

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model "red flag" legislation for states.

The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.

The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.

The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/04/07/breaking-white-house-releases-initial-executive-gun-control-actions-n2587575

Quote:

President Joe Biden is expected to sign a series of executive actions on gun control at the White House tomorrow. In addition, he will also nominate longtime gun control activist and former Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive agent David Chipman to lead the federal government bureau.

For years Chipman served as a senior policy advisor and spokesperson for the Giffords gun control organization and Michael Bloomberg's anti-Second Amendment apparatus. Both aggressively advocate for the federal government to ban the most commonly owned firearms in the United States.

During his time as an ATF special agent, Chipman worked on the Branch Davidian trial after the government -- specifically ATF and FBI -- botched a raid in Waco, Texas. Bad decisions made by federal agents ultimately resulted in the deaths of 76 people, including pregnant women and dozens of children.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/04/07/bidens-nominee-for-atf-is-a-major-gun-control-activist-n258756
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Darth Randy
This will do nothing to curb gun violence, yet will make criminals out of law abiding citizens with the stroke of a pen. Lunacy.
HowdyTAMU
AG
Quote:

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
Wut?

And why would anyone care?
Jason C.
AG
If you don't like guns, move to Mexico. They're practically illegal there.
waitwhat?
Nothing of substance (thankfully). But the left will proclaim this as a major win.

What a little b****.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
waitwhat?
Darth Randy said:

This will do nothing to curb gun violence, yet will make criminals out of law abiding citizens with the stroke of a pen. Lunacy.
No no.

This orders the justice department to issue proposed rules. Not rules.

This is pathetically hilarious. The balls on this president are the size of raisins. I can't even be mad.

EDIT: I'm mistaken about the rules part but stand by Biden's raisin balls comment.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
Rapier108
waitwhat? said:

Nothing of substance (thankfully). But the left will proclaim this as a major win.

What a little b****.
Except for David Chipman running the ATF.

He will try his best to ban pretty much everything via regulation, or make ownership prohibitively expensive.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
waitwhat? said:

Darth Randy said:

No no.

This is pathetically hilarious. The balls on this president are the size of raisins. I can't even be mad.
There is a process for issuing new firearm regulations. They first have to issue a proposed rule before the process can actually begin.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
The red Flag laws will be killer if they actually happen. Pistol braces may soon become a thing of the past also.
Dro07
AG
Outside of the terrorist attack in Colorado with the stabilizing brace... how many attacks have there been with an AR pistol?
HelloUncleNateFitch
Wut. Does this actually do anything? They're going to put a label on a brace that says "don't use to make short barreled rifles"?

Publish model legislation for states?
waitwhat?
Rapier108 said:

waitwhat? said:

Darth Randy said:

No no.

There is a process for issuing new firearm regulations. They first have to issue a proposed rule before the process can actually begin.
Gotcha. My mistake. I mistook "proposed rule" for "proposed legislation" that would have no chance of passing.

Fortunately my guns were lost in an unfortunate boating accident so I have no dog in this fight.

TEXIT
Stasco
AG
So the "model" red flag laws for states....

I take this to mean that states will actually have to take this up and pass the laws for them to be effective? If that's the case, this action does literally nothing. And thank God.

The pistol brace thing pisses me off. But let's be honest. It's beyond stupid that we even need the pistol brace workaround in the first place. Short barreled rifles are so dangerous they need to be NFA items? Please. But of course the rule with suppressors is even dumber, especially when you look at the suppressor requirements in Europe.
Clob94
So we hire a guy to run the ATF that was involved with the Branch Davidian massacre...........

What could possibly go wrong? ...........
BusterAg
AG
These are monumental changes to gun regulations that will have a sweeping impact on gun violence in America.

The Biden / Harris administration should be extremely proud of these accomplishments.

Now that they have fully addressed the gun control issue, they should please move on to more important political matters.
Burdizzo
AG
Jason C. said:

If you don't like guns, move to Mexico. They're practically illegal there.

It sounds really safe there.
GAC06
AG
Those are dumb but pretty tame
cevans_40
AG
HowdyTAMU said:

Quote:

Wut?

One takes a federal stamp, the other doesn't. Sorry you are a gun law illiterate.
HowdyTAMU
AG
cevans_40 said:

HowdyTAMU said:

Quote:

Wut?

One takes a federal stamp, the other doesn't. Sorry you are a gun law illiterate.

You missed my point. Do you want the government to regulate these this way?
milner79
GAC06 said:

Today pretty tame. Tomorrow? Be ever vigilant.
GAC06
AG
milner79 said:

GAC06 said:

Today pretty tame. Tomorrow? Be ever vigilant.

No doubt
fixer
Clob94 said:

So we hire a guy to run the ATF that was involved with the Branch Davidian massacre...........

Door to door confiscation . Likely based on a review of 4473's prioritizing red states and folks with more than 2 " high capacity " firearms.

Yeah this Chipman guy is that stupid and crazy.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
GAC06 said:

That same sentence is uttered every time a law or act chips away at the 2a

This is the long game and death by 1,000 cuts
titan
S

Governors in more than one state should make a show of publicly tearing them up -- in the Pelosian fashion.

See what follows.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
padreislandagfan
HowdyTAMU said:

Quote:

Wut?

Some people really like the micro conversion kits available. It makes your standard pistols much more effective.

So I'm told.
TexAgs91
AG
Quote:

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of "ghost guns."

Well they'll be happy to know then that I lost my Proton Pack in a boating accident.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Ellis Wyatt
Clob94 said:

Yeah, who better to dictate gun policy than a guy who was part of the government murdering dozens of Americans (Including children) because they said the Group was violating gun laws.
Old Sarge
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Clob94 said:

Yeah, who better to dictate gun policy than a guy who was part of the government murdering dozens of Americans (Including children) because they said the Group was violating gun laws.

That nomination ought to send a real clear message to people that your gun ownership is squarely in their sights.

No pun intended.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Can liberals point to one instance where a ghost gun was used in the commission of a crime?
The Dirty Sock
Rapier108 said:

The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model "red flag" legislation for states.

Most states:

Cassius
Clob94 said:

That dude was part of the Branch Davidian murders? He should not be anywhere near the control panel! We are so screwed!
Jaydoug
AG
Finally, something that will save countless lives in South Chicago.
aggiebrad94
AG
Since they are going all "Evidence-based" science like everything else government wins at, perhaps they could slowly roll this out to Chicago, DC, and Philly first. Smart companies ALWAYS do test markets first before rolling it out nationwide.
AGHouston11
AG
This is just the first phase to get you used to what's coming after the next false flag incident. It's already ready to go I'm sure by EO.
fixer
AGHouston11 said:

This is just the first phase to get you used to what's coming after the next false flag incident. It's already ready to go I'm sure by EO.
Yep.

This is step one.

Next step is any firearm with more than 10 rounds registered through NFA, including magazines. (Biden campaigned on this idea)

Then...voluntary buyback.

Then...involuntary relinquishment actions.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.